Who's More Likely to Abuse Their Own Children

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Men or women?

" The DHHS data shows that of children abused by one parent between 2001 and 2006, 70.6% were abused by their mothers, whereas only 29.4% were abused by their fathers.

And of children who died at the hands of one parent between 2001 and 2006, 70.8% were killed by their mothers, whereas only 29.2% were killed by their fathers.

Furthermore, contrary to media portrayals that leave the viewer with the impression that only girls are ever harmed, boys constituted fully 60% of child fatalities. (Table 4-3, p. 71, Child Maltreatment 2006, reports that 675 boys died in 2006 as compared to 454 girls)."

Breaking the Science 71 of Children Killed by One Parent are Killed by Their Mothers 60 of Victims are Boys

It also depends on what kind of abuse we are talking about... sexual abuse, or physical abuse?

And as far as physical abuse goes, it also depends on what what one considers to be "abuse".

Some children are spoiled as Hell and never get physically punished for their behavior.

Me? If I was really in trouble, like for fighting, I'd get the honor of going outside and selecting a firm mesquite branch aka "the switch" (no thorns), bring it before my parents, turn around and take my whoopin. I sometimes got the belt instead.

Or my mom would slap my face if I said something out of line. Like the time I called her a bitch. Maaaan, BIG mistake. She slapped me so fucking hard I got to preview Heaven. Okay not really but it still fucking hurt.

But I never considered any of that abuse.

I stuck my tongue out at my grampa one time when I was a kid and he took me into the garage, PULLED A KNIFE ON ME and told me he would cut out my tongue if I ever did that again. And he's one of the nicest people I know! WTF! I'm sure he was just scarin me into behaving but DAMN that shit worked. I never disrespected him again lol.

But yeah. Some of us got whoopins, or slapped so hard we saw the Grim Reaper.

That ain't abuse.

They had their way of disciplining us and now that I look back, I totally approve of it. My friends got whoopins too from their parents, mostly the Hispanics and Blacks, lol, very rarely did any of my White friends ever get whoopins. But I did have this one White friend who's dad used to use a bullwhip on her brothers. Now I do feel like that was abuse. All would be good, and next thing you know, one of her brothers got in trouble, and their dad would take them by the arm and force them outside and fucking beat them with a whip! Fucking brutal man, I'm glad that wasn't my parents! When one of her brothers got whipped, I was able to hear them screaming and cryin, that shit was crazy. Her dad did it in front of us a few times but her mom would take us inside while he was beating the hell out of them.

I'm all for disciplining your kids, even physically, but some things are probably just too fucking brutal for your children.

Doesn't mean you can't fucking turn them around and give them a whoopin when they disrespect your authoritah.

As far as sexual abuse goes, I never experienced that, but I knew a few people who were sexually abused by their relatives. One of my best friends in college told me that she was sexually abused by her grandfather repeatedly as a child. He would, um, force her into anal sex. That's so fucked up. I offered to poison his pills for her but she didn't want any vengeance. She hated him, but she didn't want her dad to know that his own dad had raped his own daughter. That's fucked up! She should fucking kill him if you ask me. Or have a friend do it.

Of the things that some people consider to be "evil"... I find some "evils" far more honorable than others.

Last edited:
What's the fucking point to this thread other than to cement you position as the Creepiest Poster at USMB?

Something

Seriously

Fucking

Wrong

With

You

It also depends on what kind of abuse we are talking about... sexual abuse, or physical abuse?

And as far as physical abuse goes, it also depends on what what one considers to be "abuse".

Some children are spoiled as Hell and never get physically punished for their behavior.

Me? If I was really in trouble, like for fighting, I'd get the honor of going outside and selecting a firm mesquite branch aka "the switch" (no thorns), bring it before my parents, turn around and take my whoopin. I sometimes got the belt instead.

Or my mom would slap my face if I said something out of line. Like the time I called her a bitch. Maaaan, BIG mistake. She slapped me so fucking hard I got to preview Heaven. Okay not really but it still fucking hurt.

But I never considered any of that abuse.

I stuck my tongue out at my grampa one time when I was a kid and he took me into the garage, PULLED A KNIFE ON ME and told me he would cut out my tongue if I ever did that again. And he's one of the nicest people I know! WTF! I'm sure he was just scarin me into behaving but DAMN that shit worked. I never disrespected him again lol.

But yeah. Some of us got whoopins, or slapped so hard we saw the Grim Reaper.

That ain't abuse.

They had their way of disciplining us and now that I look back, I totally approve of it. My friends got whoopins too from their parents, mostly the Hispanics and Blacks, lol, very rarely did any of my White friends ever get whoopins. But I did have this one white friend who's dad used to use a bullwhip on her brothers. Now I do feel like that was abuse. All would be good, and next thing you know, one of her brothers got in trouble, and their dad would take them by the arm and force them outside and fucking beat them with a whip! Fucking brutal man, I'm glad that wasn't my parents! When one of her brothers got whipped, I was able to hear them screaming and cryin, that shit was crazy. Her dad did it in front of us a few times but her mom would take us inside while he was beating the hell out of them.

I'm all for disciplining your kids, even physically, but some things are probably just too fucking brutal for your children.

Doesn't mean you can't fucking turn them around and give them a whoopin when they disrespect your authoritah.

As far as sexual abuse goes, I never experienced that, but I knew a few people who where sexually abused by their relatives. One of my best friends in college told me that she was sexually abused by her grandfather repeatedly as a child. He would, um, force her into anal sex. That's so fucked up. I offered to poison his pills for her but she didn't want any vengeance. She hated him, but she didn't want her dad to know that his own dad had raped his own daughter. That's fucked up! She should fucking kill him if you ask me. Or have a friend do it.

Of the things that some people consider to be "evil"... I find some "evils" far more honorable than others.

As the OP shows, it's fatal physical abuse.

Men or women?

" The DHHS data shows that of children abused by one parent between 2001 and 2006, 70.6% were abused by their mothers, whereas only 29.4% were abused by their fathers.

And of children who died at the hands of one parent between 2001 and 2006, 70.8% were killed by their mothers, whereas only 29.2% were killed by their fathers.

Furthermore, contrary to media portrayals that leave the viewer with the impression that only girls are ever harmed, boys constituted fully 60% of child fatalities. (Table 4-3, p. 71, Child Maltreatment 2006, reports that 675 boys died in 2006 as compared to 454 girls)."

Breaking the Science 71 of Children Killed by One Parent are Killed by Their Mothers 60 of Victims are Boys

Interesting statistics. And ones I had not seen before.

I dug into the stats a little more

http://www.acf.hhs.gov/sites/default/files/opre/nis4_report_exec_summ_pdf_jan2010.pdf

Perpetrator’s relationship to the child. The majority of all children
countable under the Harm Standard (81%) were maltreated by their biological parents.
This held true both for the abused children (64% were abused by biological parents) and
for those neglected (92% were neglected by biological parents).
Biological parents were the most closely related perpetrators for 71% of
physically abused children and for 73% of emotionally abused children. The pattern was
distinctly different for sexual abuse. More than two-fifths (42%) of the sexually abused
children were sexually abused by someone other than a parent (whether biological or
nonbiological) or a parent’s partner, whereas just over one-third (36%) were sexually
abused by a biological parent. In addition, severity of harm from physical abuse varied
by the perpetrator’s relationship to the child. A physically abused child was more likely
to sustain a serious injury when the abuser was not a parent.
Perpetrator’s sex. Children were somewhat more likely to be maltreated by
female perpetrators than by males: 68% of the maltreated children were maltreated by a
female, whereas 48% were maltreated by a male. (Some children were maltreated by
both.) Of children maltreated by biological parents, mothers maltreated the majority
(75%) whereas fathers maltreated a sizable minority (43%). In contrast, male
perpetrators were more common for children maltreated by nonbiological parents or
parents’ partners (64%) or by other persons (75%).
The predominant sex of perpetrators of abuse was different from that of
neglect. Female perpetrators were more often responsible for neglect (86% of children
neglected by females versus 38% by males). This finding is congruent with the fact that
mothers (biological or other) tend to be the primary caretakers and are the primary
persons held accountable for any omissions and/or failings in caretaking. In contrast,
males more often were abusers (62% of children were abused by males versus 41% by
females). The prevalence of male perpetrators was strongest in the category of sexual
abuse, where 87% of children were abused by a male compared to only 11% by a female.
Among all abused children, those abused by their biological parents were
about equally likely to have been abused by mothers as by fathers (51% and 54%,
respectively), but those abused by nonbiological parents or parents’ partners, or by other,
perpetrators were much more likely to be abused by males (74% or more by males versus
26% or less by females)

Forum List

Back