Who's more conservative: Newt or Mitt?

Who's more conservative?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
:lol: And Newt was a draft dodger.

Debatable... When the Army started seriously drafting people in 1965, Newt was already 22 years old. He had already been married for 3 years at that point, and had a two year old daughter. The military didn't want married guys and they didn't want guys much older than 19. They simply required too many accomedations on the military's part.

True, there was a technical draft in 1961 when he first became eligible... and the Army inducted very few people at that time. They didn't need them.

Now let's compare that to Mittens. He first became eligible in 1965. He got student deferments and then got a position preaching to French people. (Seriously a Frenchman and a Mormon locked in a room, trying to out-annoy each other. There's a joke in there somewhere.)

There was a lot more active draft dodging on Romney's part than Newt's.

I should also point out that because Mitt's Daddy was a wealthy governor, his kid wasn't ever in any danger of being drafted. This was the unfairness that ticked a lot of people off. Only the poor working class kids got drafted. Newt missed by timing, Mitt missed by his position.

Last edited:
:eusa_hand:
:lol: And Newt was a draft dodger.

Debatable... When the Army started seriously drafting people in 1965, Newt was already 22 years old. He had already been married for 3 years at that point, and had a two year old daughter. The military didn't want married guys and they didn't want guys much older than 19. They simply required too many accomedations on the military's part.

True, there was a technical draft in 1961 when he first became eligible... and the Army inducted very few people at that time. They didn't need them.

Now let's compare that to Mittens. He first became eligible in 1965. He got student deferments and then got a position preaching to French people. (Seriously a Frenchman and a Mormon locked in a room, trying to out-annoy each other. There's a joke in there somewhere.)

There was a lot more active draft dodging on Romney's part than Newt's.

I should also point out that because Mitt's Daddy was a wealthy governor, his kid wasn't ever in any danger of being drafted. This was the unfairness that ticked a lot of people off. Only the poor working class kids got drafted. Newt missed by timing, Mitt missed by his position.

:eusa_hand: You're the one that made serving country so important.

I said that McCain and Dole were more admirable than Romney. I didn't say Newt was more admirable than Romney.

You made a statement that he was a "draft dodger" like Mitt or Bill Clinton, who took specific actions to avoid induction. Newt didn't. Nope, he didn't go down to a recruiting office and volunteer, either, like I did when there wasn't a draft anymore. But he didn't 'dodge' the draft.

Just pointing out the inaccuracies in your statement.

The inaccuracy in your bigotry, JoeB, against Mitt is that you support a candidate that can't win.

The inaccuracy in your bigotry, JoeB, against Mitt is that you support a candidate that can't win.

1) Mitt can't win either.
2) It isn't bigotry to be against stupid, retarded beliefs because you call them a "religion".
3) I'd rather support someone who believes what I believe than someone who doesn't believe anything and is trying to pull a fast one.

2) It isn't bigotry to be against stupid, retarded beliefs because you call them a "religion".
3) I'd rather support someone who believes what I believe than someone who doesn't believe anything and is trying to pull a fast one.

You don't make definitions: yes, you are bigoted, which weakens your argument.

Then you don't believe in yourself by that last comment.

I said that McCain and Dole were more admirable than Romney. I didn't say Newt was more admirable than Romney.

You made a statement that he was a "draft dodger" like Mitt or Bill Clinton, who took specific actions to avoid induction. Newt didn't. Nope, he didn't go down to a recruiting office and volunteer, either, like I did when there wasn't a draft anymore. But he didn't 'dodge' the draft.

Just pointing out the inaccuracies in your statement.
Then I guess you will agree that Ron Paul is more admirable than newt? Since Ron Paul was drafted and went, and Newt well what did he do?

V I E T N A M W A R S T A T I S T I C S
Married men killed: 17,539

vietnam war statistics

You don't make definitions: yes, you are bigoted, which weakens your argument.

Then you don't believe in yourself by that last comment.

Romney Or Newt can't win without the support of Ron Paul and that right their ain't going to happen.

If Paul does not support the ticket and ends up going 3rd party, bigrebnc is correct ~ Obama victory.

How does the definition of a word deny anyone their rights...?

Because the Supreme Court of the United States of America has declared that marriage is a fundamental right. Mitt Romney wants to deny that fundamental right to gay and lesbian couples, thousands of whom are already legally married. That would equal taking rights away.

Why would anyone want to deny someone a fundamental right based on the definition of a word?

Oh, and that was supposed to be um, not I'm...damn autocorrect!

The SCOTUS declared the fundamental right to marriage as a legal concept of liberty and privacy but that right is not conveyed or denied by virtue of the terms used to describe it.

What other fundamental right would you be willing to deny gays and lesbians based on simply being gay or lesbian? The 1st amendment? The 2nd?

Romney want to not only deny a fundamental right to gays and lesbians, he wants to take it away from those that have it.

The burden will be placed on those wishing to deny marriage equality to provide an overriding harm in allowing it. Good luck.

Forum List

Back