Who's bitter now, BO?

Discussion in 'Congress' started by ScreamingEagle, Jun 26, 2008.

1. ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,158
    "Unlike the elitist view that believes Americans cling to guns out of bitterness, today's ruling recognizes that gun ownership is a fundamental right -- sacred, just as the right to free speech and assembly."

--John McCain

THREE CHEERS FOR THE SECOND AMENDMENT!!!

BTW where was the great bullshitter...er, orator, today?

McCain was there all by his lonesome at the local town hall meeting at Xavier University today….. where Obama had been invited to come debate him….what's Obama afraid of?

"Perhaps it would behoove Senator Obama, who feels that the gun control laws of his home city of Chicago are so effective, to examine more closely a town hailed by gun ownership advocates as a true success story of the Second Amendment; Kennesaw, Georgia, a town in the northern suburbs of Atlanta, this past April celebrated their 25th year without a single murder. What makes Kennesaw the pride of the Second Amendment supporters? Their city ordinance requiring that every home own at least one gun:

Obama, McCain, and the Second Amendment of the Constitution of the United States - DigitalJournal.com: The Power of Citizen Journalism

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2008
  2. midcan5

midcan5 liberal / progressive

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,286
    I was thinking about the recent hit on Obama that he is an elitist, isn’t it every Americans aspiration to be an elitist. You know one of those people with money who go to Yale and Harvard and party-hardy. Oh, sorry, wrong elitist. Then I thought suppose he is an elitist, do elitist automatically make bad decisions, you know like going to war and not having a clue. Oh, sorry, wrong elitist again. But then finally I got straight and thought what exactly is an elitist. So in search of the truth, I set out to the corner bar here in Hickville PA, you know one of those places with mostly Harleys outside, hay on the floor, three American beers on tap, and a sassy waitress with the sharpest tongue you’ll ever hear. And I sat down next to this tough looking character, blue sweat soaked bandanna dungarees heavy black boots and I asked him if he knew what an elitist was? He stared at me with cold blood shot eyes and I thought damn…but then he calmed a little and said the f_king no good sonsofbitches who closed down our factory and moved it to bumfuckegypt. I thanked him and at home checked Obama’s bio. No, for sure he ain’t no elitist.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Ninja

Ninja Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +377
    Scalia's given this motherfucker brain freeze :D:clap2::badgrin:

4. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    Just curious...do you think that Chicago would expereince more or less crime if every household there was ordered to have a gun on hand?

5. ScreamingEagle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,158
    After the Kennesaw example given, you had to ask? Yer darn tootin' crime would decrease in Chicago if the citizenry were armed to the teeth in their own self defense…...OBVIOUSLY being unarmed hasn't done any good…unarming the citizenry is just another stupid idiotic liberal belief that has only wound up hurting more people than it helps…

….of course you understand the marxist liberal elite DON'T CARE that unarming the citizenry hurts people….all they are interested in is their own POWER….unarmed people are much more easy to manipulate and control…however, you'll notice that the elites always have armed guards around THEMSELVES….it's OK for THEM to protect themselves and family but YOU'RE not supposed to protect yourself and your loved ones…why the hell is that?? Their lives are somehow more important than your life? Fuck that.

We Americans have NO desire to go down the same path as our European counterparts…who are unarmed fools in PC chains… you'll notice that their crime rates are even higher than ours…although liberals lie about that too…

6. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,754
    IMO, it is just as unconstitutional to force people to own guns as to not allow them to do so.

What say you?

7. Diuretic

Diuretic Permanently confused

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,397
    As far as I know this week didn't see a mass shooting at a business in Europe.

There was one in Kentucky I understand.

Why not keep the argument on track instead of introducing crap like you have?

The US is awash with firearms. Europe isn't. For that reason gun control in the US is hopeless. The best way for you to deal with it is to allow more and more freedom to own and use firearms. Europe doesn't have your problem so there's no comparison.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2008
  8. ScreamingEagle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,158
    Then I guess it's also unconstitutional for the government to require homeowners to conform to all their building codes and fire and safety codes as well....

9. ScreamingEagle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,158
    You mean the crap about how Europeans have higher crime rates....along with their anti-gun laws?

Crimewise Europe has a worse problem than the US....even with less guns...

10. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,754
    I don't know, that isn't what I asked you.

If your right to bear arms cannot be infringed upon it would seem to me it goes both ways.