The Gun control lobby tastes the "Bitterness" of the Supreme Court.

Discussion in 'Congress' started by 52ndStreet, Jun 27, 2008.

1. 52ndStreet

52ndStreet VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +170
    I think the elitist Gun control lobby in Washington,and the rest of America,realized that Americans do not want the government creating laws
    to strip them of their Guns and assault rifles. And the Democrats should realize
    that we don't need a Democratic Presidential candidate, who feel we "cling to our guns and religion out of Bitterness". The Supreme court handed down the right decision yesterday. There should never be any blanket all out ban on
    Guns or assault rifles.The D.C. law was wrong.It should have never been implemented.

2. busara

busara wanasiasa wapumbava

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +87
    can i ask why someone would need an assault rifle?

3. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    Why does someone need pink satin pants? I don't know, but that doesn't mean they should be prevented from buying them, if that's really what they want.

We aren't limited to what we "need" in this country. We are allowed to determine our own needs, and so long as we aren't trampling the rights of others in meeting those needs, we get to meet them.

4. 52ndStreet

52ndStreet VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +170
    Its a weapon of war,or civil disobedience. Which are always possibilities
    in the future of any country.Do you see the logic of having one ,as opposed to
    not having one.?The government should never tell us what we can, and can not have.When government start making decisions for us ,then it is time for big brother.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2008
  5. busara

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +87
    there is a slight difference. pants arent a lethal weapon that put other people at great risk. dont get me wrong, i will support the 2nd ammendment as long as it is in place, i just dont understand why a person would feel they 'need' an assault rifle unless they intended to do harm. someone can hunt just as effectively with other weapons.

6. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    It's none of your business why they want it, if they aren't using it illegally. In America we do not deny people their rights because we don't like their choices, unless those choices violate someone else's rights.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. Ninja

Ninja Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +377
    What do you mean by "assault rifle"?

8. busara

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +87
    true, it isnt my business. im simply wondering why someone would want one. the only reason i can think of why they would want one is for a violent crime. im not attacking gun ownership.

9. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    Do you have any idea how many people in this country have those weapons and never commit a crime, period, let alone a gun crime?

Members of my family and extended family collect and shoot guns. All sorts of guns. My ex husband's family owned a shooting range. They had an immense gun safe (a room, actually) for reloading and keeping their weapons.

They like weapons. Just like I like horses. They find them fascinating, they enjoy using them.

10. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,918
    And you would be wrong. People own them for MANY reasons and the reality is FEW are used in crimes at all. The premise of the 2nd Amendment is that we have weapons in case of invasion or civil unrest or the Government turns against us, not to go hunting.