Zone1 Who would you rather have overseeing US foreign policy: Biden or Trump?

Who would you rather have overseeing US foreign policy at this time?

• Biden

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Trump

Votes: 14 60.9%

• Total voters

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
The US seems to be embroiled in active conflict with major adversaries to a greater extent than at any other time in the past 60 years. Given the foreign policy records of Presidents Biden and Trump, it seems clear to me that Trump was much more competent and effective than Biden. Which would you rather have overseeing US foreign policy at this time?

Last edited:
Neville Chamberlain's appeasement policies worked, for awhile, then came the wars. History seems to be repeating itself.

The US seems to be embroiled in active conflict with major adversaries to a greater extent than at any other time in the past 60 years. Given the foreign policy records of Presidents Biden and Trump, it seems clear to me that Trump was much more competent and effective than Biden. Which would you rather have overseeing US foreign policy at this time?
I favor Biden's foreign policy, hands down over Trump's. Trump used foreign policy for person political advantage (getting impeached for it) as well as selling foreign policy to the highest bidder, such as the murderous Saudi (I saved his ass) Prince. He has even hosted Saudi backed golf tournaments, as in Saudi the financial backers of the 9/11 attack. Donny is too self serving to have control of foreign policy for profit.
1677342189957.png

Really? Let's review, shall we.

SUcking up to Putin
Sucking up to Little Rocket Man
Sabotaging the Iran Nuclear Agreement (Iran is now working on bombs again.)
Undermining NATO
Imposing tariffs on China that ended up hurting American companies.

And then Covid Hit, and Trump really showed us he didn't know what he was doing.

Biden has a foreign policy? Thanks, I wasn't aware of that.
He was able to rally the entire western alliance to Ukraine's defense, so, um yeah. Pretty good one at that.

While it’s no secret that since 2013 I’ve argued many times (including last month in these pages) – we place too much trust on our generals and turn too blind of an eye when they are proven disastrously wrong. With statements and claims made by a number of retired general officers leading up to Friday’s one-year mark in Russia’s war with Ukraine, however, it is more urgent than ever that the American public take what they say with more than a little skepticism.

If our policymakers take the advice of these former high-ranking officers, America may find itself at war with Russia, shocked by a Ukrainian loss – or worst of all: sucked into a nuclear exchange with Russia.

I favor Biden's foreign policy, hands down over Trump's. Trump used foreign policy for person political advantage (getting impeached for it) as well as selling foreign policy to the highest bidder, such as the murderous Saudi (I saved his ass) Prince. He has even hosted Saudi backed golf tournaments, as in Saudi the financial backers of the 9/11 attack. Donny is too self serving to have control of foreign policy for profit.
It is sad that your opinion of US foreign policy has nothing to do with foreign policy itself.

While it’s no secret that since 2013 I’ve argued many times (including last month in these pages) – we place too much trust on our generals and turn too blind of an eye when they are proven disastrously wrong. With statements and claims made by a number of retired general officers leading up to Friday’s one-year mark in Russia’s war with Ukraine, however, it is more urgent than ever that the American public take what they say with more than a little skepticism.

If our policymakers take the advice of these former high-ranking officers, America may find itself at war with Russia, shocked by a Ukrainian loss – or worst of all: sucked into a nuclear exchange with Russia.
I have an issue with conservatives giving a bias opinion simply because the current President is a Democrat.

Conservatives willingly started the Iraq war and then Afghanistan. Never wanting to stop it.

Here comes a real threat not only to Ukraine but to all of Russia's neighbors, and these conservatives wish the public to turn against the US and NATO helping Ukraine against Russia.

But then, many of these conservatives are now on the side of Russia, for Russia to win, so no wonder that they will bring negative perspectives, opinions, to try to turn the US against helping Ukraine.

It is not going to happen, and Ukraine is not going to lose. No country wants to become slave to a dictatorship which is nostalgic for the good all days of the Russian Empire.

I have an issue with conservatives giving a bias opinion simply because the current President is a Democrat.

Conservatives willingly started the Iraq war and then Afghanistan. Never wanting to stop it.

Both started with pretty wide bipartisan support.

Obama did nothing to stop either.

He started new wars.

Here comes a real threat not only to Ukraine but to all of Russia's neighbors, and these conservatives wish the public to turn against the US and NATO helping Ukraine against Russia.

But then, many of these conservatives are now on the side of Russia, for Russia to win, so no wonder that they will bring negative perspectives, opinions, to try to turn the US against helping Ukraine.

It is not going to happen, and Ukraine is not going to lose. No country wants to become slave to a dictatorship which is nostalgic for the good all days of the Russian Empire.

I find it really sad that those like myself that understand that this is the fault of both sides of the equation get defined as Russian supporters.

That has nothing to do with the OP. Please try again.

Telling your Allies the truth is leadership dumbass
Telling our allies that they might not be able to count on us might have been the truth as far as Trump was concerned but it's not responsible. If he was actually trying to shift the balance of power to favor Russia or just stupid the result is the same. Luckily the free world was stronger than his attempt to sow discord.

/----/ 100% Correctomundo
main-qimg-bd6658e11234a018fd3514820b237b54

Telling our allies that they might not be able to count on us might have been the truth as far as Trump was concerned but it's not responsible. If he was actually trying to shift the balance of power to favor Russia or just stupid the result is the same. Luckily the free world was stronger than his attempt to sow discord.
Telling your Allies to actually have a sufficient force is leadership.....even now they cant defend themself

Both started with pretty wide bipartisan support.

Obama did nothing to stop either.

He started new wars.

I find it really sad that those like myself that understand that this is the fault of both sides of the equation get defined as Russian supporters.
How is it the fault of Ukraine that Russia invaded it, if that is what you mean? Or are you talking about US Parties?

And what was the world supposed to do with Russia's invasion of Ukraine and interest in taking many other countries afterwards?

Facts dont mean anything today if they are presented by the wrong thinkers. Gotta love it.

Forum List

Back