Who Would You Rather Have as President?

Who Would You Vote for President

• Barack Hussein Obama

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Abraham Lincoln

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Joseph Smith Jr./If you like Romney...

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • David Palmer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • George Washington

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • John F. Kennedy

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Bill Clinton

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Ronald Reagan

Votes: 21 43.8%
  • A Woman

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Jack Bauer

Votes: 3 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ok, I just found out all I need to know from one google search. Any nitwit who says that the war on terror is a bad idea, has his head in the sand and knows nothing about foreign relations or the terrorists he denies are out there trying to kill us.
that alone would make me not vote for him. He would get us all massacred.

15 of the 19 hijackers were from Saudi Arabia. NONE of them were from Iraq. Bush's answer was to pull our troups out of Saudi Arabia and attack Iraq. He's made things much worse, not better. And the whole time our soldiers are out there fighting for no bid contracts for companies like Halliburton on our dime, our borders are unprotected. More and more things like Islamic prayer rugs are being found in the desert on our southern border. we've arrested hundreds of muslims crossing our southern border, How many got across?

I would have handled the war a lot differently. It would have been over real quick though, that much I'll say right now. I would have played to win, and not to be popular or avoid offending some lefties.
You are absolutely right about securing our borders. I would take our soldiers out of Korea and put ALL of them on the mexican border.

... and you would have still made a lot of huge mistakes, probably more since you didn't at least have the benefit of Bush Sr. being your father (the only reason I gave Jr. the benefit of the doubt).

dude, he may not deny there are terrorists but he wants to just cancel the war on terror and let them win. That is dangerous. sure I haven't read much more of his politics but that is a fatal flaw for a candidate in my view. Therefore the rest of his politics are irrelevant if we don't live long enought to see his reforms play out.

So we have to let more Americans die and waste how many more trillions of dollars just so we can "win" a war that can't be won? Terrorism is a tactic, you can't wage a war against a tactic. Al-Qaeda isn't capable of destroying the United States, they have no air-force and no navy. It's possible that we could be attacked, 9/11 showed that we're not invulnerable. However, we could be attacked by Americans as well, Timothy McVeigh comes to mind. We've been 7 - 8 years in Afghanistan and we haven't found bin-Laden, and that situation is not likely to change in the near future. It's time to stop trying to "save face," and let our troops come home to their families and friends.

I think you mean well with that last statement, but the wonderful thing is that Al Qaeda doesn't have an army or a navy, We want to keep it that way. You don't understand the mindset of these terrorists. They are on the run. If they are let off the hook. They will mobilize and gain numbers and that is how smaller operations take over a country. That is EXACTLY how Hitler took over. It wasn't the voice of Germany that was Nazi. It was the military that was Nazi and they had the guns and enough numbers to weild them and compel good German citizens to join the Nazi party rather than line up in the concentration camps as well.
You are wrong if you think you can't fight a war against an evil ideology like terrorism. You do it by not quitting. You think they are going to quit? Never, until the throat of every american and non- muslim is slit.
That is why we need to pursue every last one of these rats without mercy. Our soldiers are willing and understand their purpose but unfortunately the complacent citizens back home often don't share their understanding. Ron Paul is one of those.

That is not how Hitler and the Nazis came to power. Hitler came to power because he invoked the national pride of the people who were tired of living under the unfair Treaty of Versailles, and because he offered a way out of the hyper-inflation of the Weimar Republic.

You can't win a war against terrorism. There are American terrorists, Canadian terrorists, etc... It's impossible, there are always going to be people who want to hurt other people. If you think al-Qaeda could ever create an army, air-force, or navy that could in any conceivable way pose a threat to the United States you are wrong. These are men from third-world countries, where is the money going to come from to compete with the United States?

The price for the war on terror is too much to pay, in terms of both lives and money.

Last edited:
15 of the 19 hijackers were from Saudi Arabia. NONE of them were from Iraq. Bush's answer was to pull our troups out of Saudi Arabia and attack Iraq. He's made things much worse, not better. And the whole time our soldiers are out there fighting for no bid contracts for companies like Halliburton on our dime, our borders are unprotected. More and more things like Islamic prayer rugs are being found in the desert on our southern border. we've arrested hundreds of muslims crossing our southern border, How many got across?

I would have handled the war a lot differently. It would have been over real quick though, that much I'll say right now. I would have played to win, and not to be popular or avoid offending some lefties.
You are absolutely right about securing our borders. I would take our soldiers out of Korea and put ALL of them on the mexican border.

... and you would have still made a lot of huge mistakes, probably more since you didn't at least have the benefit of Bush Sr. being your father (the only reason I gave Jr. the benefit of the doubt).

What mistakes do you think I would make. I am not running for president here but I think a guy with my mentality for the war would have been 86'd rather quickly. That's because I would have cared more about our soldiers dying then their innocent civilians. It's the price of winning a war quickly. I would feel bad about the innocents that die, but I would feel worse about sacrificing our soldiers because of human shields.

So we have to let more Americans die and waste how many more trillions of dollars just so we can "win" a war that can't be won? Terrorism is a tactic, you can't wage a war against a tactic. Al-Qaeda isn't capable of destroying the United States, they have no air-force and no navy. It's possible that we could be attacked, 9/11 showed that we're not invulnerable. However, we could be attacked by Americans as well, Timothy McVeigh comes to mind. We've been 7 - 8 years in Afghanistan and we haven't found bin-Laden, and that situation is not likely to change in the near future. It's time to stop trying to "save face," and let our troops come home to their families and friends.

I think you mean well with that last statement, but the wonderful thing is that Al Qaeda doesn't have an army or a navy, We want to keep it that way. You don't understand the mindset of these terrorists. They are on the run. If they are let off the hook. They will mobilize and gain numbers and that is how smaller operations take over a country. That is EXACTLY how Hitler took over. It wasn't the voice of Germany that was Nazi. It was the military that was Nazi and they had the guns and enough numbers to weild them and compel good German citizens to join the Nazi party rather than line up in the concentration camps as well.
You are wrong if you think you can't fight a war against an evil ideology like terrorism. You do it by not quitting. You think they are going to quit? Never, until the throat of every american and non- muslim is slit.
That is why we need to pursue every last one of these rats without mercy. Our soldiers are willing and understand their purpose but unfortunately the complacent citizens back home often don't share their understanding. Ron Paul is one of those.

That is not how Hitler and the Nazis came to power. Hitler came to power because he invoked the national pride of the people who were tired of living under the unfair Treaty of Versailles, and because he offered a way out of the hyper-inflation of the Weimar Republic.

You can't win a war against terrorism. There are American terrorists, Canadian terrorists, etc... It's impossible, there are always going to be people who want to hurt other people. If you think al-Qaeda could ever create an army, air-force, or navy that could in any conceivable way pose a threat to the United States you are wrong. These are men from third-world countries, where is the money going to come from to compete with the United States?

The price for the war on terror is too much to pay, in terms of both lives and money.

I can't even come close to agreeing with you on that one. I know you want to end it so our soldiers don't die, but you don't see that it will be far far worse to quit.

That is exactly how Hitler came to power. He invoked pride in some and fear in everyone else. Just go look up what happened to people who opposed Hitler's rise. If you weren't willing to fall in line with Nazi pride, you were cut down fast, and your family too.http://www.ushmm.org/wlc/article.php?lang=en&ModuleId=10005208

Hitler couldn't mobilize an army while he was rising to power. Only after he had gained the power. You better believe that is what Bin Laden wants.

Last edited:

I can't even come close to agreeing with you on that one. I know you want to end it so our soldiers don't die, but you don't see that it will be far far worse to quit.

That is exactly how Hitler came to power. He invoked pride in some and fear in everyone else. Just go look up what happened to people who opposed Hitler's rise. If you weren't willing to fall in line with Nazi pride, you were cut down fast, and your family too.German Resistance to Hitler

Hitler couldn't mobilize an army while he was rising to power. Only after he had gained the power. You better believe that is what Bin Laden wants.

Nobody is saying that the Nazi's didn't silence their dissenters, but the majority of the German people loved Hitler on his way up. They saw him as the savior from all their ills. They let him and the Nazi's come to power because he promised to make the German nation strong and great again.

I'm sure bin-Laden would love to be able to do what Hitler did, but it's not possible. Regardless of whether we continue the war on terror or not, if bin-Laden becomes a public figure like Hitler was the United States is going in to get him. He'd be foolish to come out of hiding for any reason. bin-Laden will never be able to wage wars the way Hitler could, he'll only ever be the head of a criminal organization. It is absolutely impossible that al-Qaeda could raise an army, navy, or air-force that could ever be perceived as a serious threat to the United States.

That is exactly how Hitler came to power. He invoked pride in some and fear in everyone else. Just go look up what happened to people who opposed Hitler's rise. If you weren't willing to fall in line with Nazi pride, you were cut down fast, and your family too.German Resistance to Hitler

Nobody is saying that the Nazi's didn't silence their dissenters, but the majority of the German people loved Hitler on his way up. They saw him as the savior from all their ills. They let him and the Nazi's come to power because he promised to make the German nation strong and great again.

I'm sure bin-Laden would love to be able to do what Hitler did, but it's not possible. Regardless of whether we continue the war on terror or not, if bin-Laden becomes a public figure like Hitler was the United States is going in to get him. He'd be foolish to come out of hiding for any reason. bin-Laden will never be able to wage wars the way Hitler could, he'll only ever be the head of a criminal organization. It is absolutely impossible that al-Qaeda could raise an army, navy, or air-force that could ever be perceived as a serious threat to the United States.

Well we will have to agree to disagree on that. I think if it's not Bin Laden, it will be someone else like him that doesn't have the same reputation yet.

The greatness of a leader is often counted in the years their words remain applicable to a society long after that leader has passed into the pages of history.

Of all the American Presidents since Kennedy, only one's words still ring in the positive collective conscience of the nation he served. Carter? Johnson? Bush? Bush II? Clinton?

And what of Obama? So far he has been likened to political chinese food - tasty, but utterly forgettable after the fact and leaving you hungry again soon after its completion.

These words by Reagan were presented 45 years ago, and yet fit so well into the times and challenges of today, and give a stark warning to the spectacle of the stimulus package overseen by the Obama administration.

I so often find that those who talk against Reagan, do so from information spoken of Reagan by other detractors, and have never actually heard Reagan themselves.

Well, take a listen then, and decide for yourself.

Ronald Wilson Reagan was this nation's last great President:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt1fYSAChxs]YouTube - Ronald Reagan Speech - 1964 Republican National Convention[/ame]

I love chinese food, but it fills me up too quickly. You fail at analogies.

Actually then it would be quite appropriate.

Now take some time to listen to the words of Reagan...

Got enough of him in school, don't need anymore. Like all things, too much isn't a good thing.

If all you know of him was what your received in school then you know very little and show an alarming lack of intellectual interest regarding your own nation's recent history.

And thus so few are able to control so many...

Truly a wise statement. I am dying to know which idiots voted for "A Woman" solely on the basis that the candidate was a woman. I don't flame too often but that is RETARDED.

Truly a wise statement. I am dying to know which idiots voted for "A Woman" solely on the basis that the candidate was a woman. I don't flame too often but that is RETARDED.

Obsession ... sad but not surprising from either of you.

What does this mean? I don't understand your statements sometimes.

I can't believe there are no votes for Honest Abe, and though happy, I am surprised there are no votes for Honest Bill Clinton.

I can't believe there are no votes for Honest Abe, and though happy, I am surprised there are no votes for Honest Bill Clinton.

"Honest" Abe is a myth.

what made him such a dishonest guy then?

Well he lied saying that the Union predated the individual states, and that the states did not have the right to leave the voluntary Union setup by the founders. Then he stated that there would be no invasion of the south so long as they payed their tribute to the federal government, then refusing to be diplomatic towards the Confederacy. Then he instigated the incident at Fort Sumter by trying to re-supply it when he knew that the south wasn't going to let that happen.

As with most assassinated Presidents.. the good gets amplified and the bad gets buried... leading to a creation of a mythical person... lifting the 'fallen hero' to an exalted status... a typical human reaction, actually

Abe was a good Prez... in all honesty he did a lot of good.. but he is typically blown out of proportion, almost as much as Kennedy is

"Honest" Abe is a myth.

what made him such a dishonest guy then?

Well he lied saying that the Union predated the individual states, and that the states did not have the right to leave the voluntary Union setup by the founders. Then he stated that there would be no invasion of the south so long as they payed their tribute to the federal government, then refusing to be diplomatic towards the Confederacy. Then he instigated the incident at Fort Sumter by trying to re-supply it when he knew that the south wasn't going to let that happen.

Any guy who walks six miles back to the shop just to return 5 cents incorrect extra change(a lot back then) and propogates a war to exterminate slavery deserves the benefit of my doubt.

Forum List

Back