Who Would You Rather Have as President?

Who Would You Vote for President

• Barack Hussein Obama

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Abraham Lincoln

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Joseph Smith Jr./If you like Romney...

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • David Palmer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • George Washington

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • John F. Kennedy

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Bill Clinton

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Ronald Reagan

Votes: 21 43.8%
  • A Woman

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Jack Bauer

Votes: 3 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I used to have a friend from India. He says we do it all wrong here. In India, one person working can support 10 people. Here one person working can't even afford to support himself.

Before Reagan, we had something called "subsidized income" for people who were working but didn't make enough money. Reagan ended that "welfare" program and was surprised when most of those working people had to quit because they got more completely on welfare than they did working and they had to raise their kids.

I don't know if we've gone back to that but considering minimum wage has the lowest spending power in history, I sure hope so. People who are working deserve to make a living wage, especially in the so called "richest" nation in the world.

That is one program that should be reinstated. Screw welfare, give money to people working instead. Then more would get jobs and less money would be lost.

Look I know I exaggerate when I say he was voted in because he was black and different. But they are making coins and posters and tv and magazine shows and the guy hasn't done a single thing other than BE black.

That is true but I also saw plates of Ronnie also. Don't remember any coins though....

Far less discussion is of his politics than of his skin color. Why is everyone so obsessed with skin color? His annointers really are. It seems that because he is black he must have the answers to all our questions.

We've been obsessed with skin color in this country for a long time. He is the first POTUS of color which is no small feat and is something to celebrate considering the history of race relations. No one as all the answers but do you believe that anyone can turn this country around? We are usually offered two options for POTUS. And usually the person you choose is the person you feel is best to do the job. It's no different now. It's not an obsession with him being black, it was an obsession with change. I feel like he can really bring about change. But I also think that it's going to be a lot of work. And from what he is doing now, I believe him. He can easily just shut the republicans out but he is actually trying to work with them. Some people don't like change....

Promising words in our ears that probably won't come true, except for trying to hurt free enterprise by cursing every rich person and condemning their wealth because it "must be a result of corruption." and not hard work and ingenuity.
Free health care for everyone?????????????? What a disaster!!!!!!!!
That would be great IF WE COULD AFFORD IT. But there has never been a time in our history when we ever could. WHY NOW OF ALL TIMES?:cuckoo:

I never expected him or any other politician to come through with everything they promise. I just think that they shouldn't go in a completely different direction. I also think that he is addressing greed and corruption from the people that received help from taxpayers. As far as the spreading the wealth argument, that's what taxes are doing anyway. I don't think there is no one that has lost everything they had because they paid taxes. Free healthcare should be done but that's another story. I don't see that happening anytime soon.

People need to get off their asses, get to work and tear up their welfare checks(at least those who don't truly need them). Take a job that is beneath their dignity like McDonalds, WalMart(heaven forbid). Before I ever take a doled out welfare check from the government I will go and work in the strawberry fields with the illegals. I would go as a door to door salesman if I had to.

But we keep coddling the lazy and they keep getting fatter and fatter. Look at how many poor and welfaring citizens we have that are morbidly obese. What the hell kind of pathetic losers are we becoming. AND OBAMA WANTS TO PERPETUATE THIS.

I think people do get off their asses and work. I don't know any welfare recipients personally so I can't speak for any of them. But I do see lower income folks working in Walmart and McDonalds. It doesn't look like they have a shortage of workers. And unless you are willing to get paid what illegals get paid, you wouldn't be in the strawberry fields either. And dude, there are a LOT of middle class and upper class fat people too. Do you really equate welfare with being fat? That is an American problem and not a welfare problem.

So don't give me this crap like he has all the answers and is exaclty what we need. The mindset of the country needs to be turned back to the economic view of the 40s. Get to work no excuses, no one is going to give you a handout.

I'm assuming that was for someone else but we don't have much different views. No one has all the answers including the members of this board (even though we sometimes act like we do). I feel like you want this country to be on the right path just like I do. That's what we all have in common but we have different opinions on how it gets there.

Before Reagan, we had something called "subsidized income" for people who were working but didn't make enough money. Reagan ended that "welfare" program and was surprised when most of those working people had to quit because they got more completely on welfare than they did working and they had to raise their kids.

I don't know if we've gone back to that but considering minimum wage has the lowest spending power in history, I sure hope so. People who are working deserve to make a living wage, especially in the so called "richest" nation in the world.

That is one program that should be reinstated. Screw welfare, give money to people working instead. Then more would get jobs and less money would be lost.

:clap2:

I used to have a friend from India. He says we do it all wrong here. In India, one person working can support 10 people. Here one person working can't even afford to support himself.

That's what having a "minimum wage" does to the economy.

Look I know I exaggerate when I say he was voted in because he was black and different. But they are making coins and posters and tv and magazine shows and the guy hasn't done a single thing other than BE black.

That is true but I also saw plates of Ronnie also. Don't remember any coins though....

Far less discussion is of his politics than of his skin color. Why is everyone so obsessed with skin color? His annointers really are. It seems that because he is black he must have the answers to all our questions.

We've been obsessed with skin color in this country for a long time. He is the first POTUS of color which is no small feat and is something to celebrate considering the history of race relations. No one as all the answers but do you believe that anyone can turn this country around? We are usually offered two options for POTUS. And usually the person you choose is the person you feel is best to do the job. It's no different now. It's not an obsession with him being black, it was an obsession with change. I feel like he can really bring about change. But I also think that it's going to be a lot of work. And from what he is doing now, I believe him. He can easily just shut the republicans out but he is actually trying to work with them. Some people don't like change....

I never expected him or any other politician to come through with everything they promise. I just think that they shouldn't go in a completely different direction. I also think that he is addressing greed and corruption from the people that received help from taxpayers. As far as the spreading the wealth argument, that's what taxes are doing anyway. I don't think there is no one that has lost everything they had because they paid taxes. Free healthcare should be done but that's another story. I don't see that happening anytime soon.

People need to get off their asses, get to work and tear up their welfare checks(at least those who don't truly need them). Take a job that is beneath their dignity like McDonalds, WalMart(heaven forbid). Before I ever take a doled out welfare check from the government I will go and work in the strawberry fields with the illegals. I would go as a door to door salesman if I had to.

But we keep coddling the lazy and they keep getting fatter and fatter. Look at how many poor and welfaring citizens we have that are morbidly obese. What the hell kind of pathetic losers are we becoming. AND OBAMA WANTS TO PERPETUATE THIS.

I think people do get off their asses and work. I don't know any welfare recipients personally so I can't speak for any of them. But I do see lower income folks working in Walmart and McDonalds. It doesn't look like they have a shortage of workers. And unless you are willing to get paid what illegals get paid, you wouldn't be in the strawberry fields either. And dude, there are a LOT of middle class and upper class fat people too. Do you really equate welfare with being fat? That is an American problem and not a welfare problem.

So don't give me this crap like he has all the answers and is exaclty what we need. The mindset of the country needs to be turned back to the economic view of the 40s. Get to work no excuses, no one is going to give you a handout.

I'm assuming that was for someone else but we don't have much different views. No one has all the answers including the members of this board (even though we sometimes act like we do). I feel like you want this country to be on the right path just like I do. That's what we all have in common but we have different opinions on how it gets there.

sorry if I got off topic when discussion the obesity and laziness of the people. I was a personal trainer for 5 years and so I do know it is not just a problem for poor people but the numbers of obese people are higher in that demographic per captia.

It yet reamins to be seen if he is the right man at this particular juncture in time. I don't know at this particular point in time if government can fix a problem that it has largely instigated and seems to not understand at all.

Now I don't know if you all knew this, but Joseph Smith Jr. actually ran for president back in 1844.

In his campaign book, Smith outlined a six-point platform: gradually ending slavery; reducing the size of Congress by at least two-thirds; re-establishing a national bank; annexing Texas, California and Oregon; prison reform; and a position near and dear to Mormons at the time -- empowering the federal government to protect the liberties of MINORITIES(emphasis added and a word you liberals like) from "mobocracy."

Referring specifically to Gov. Lilburn Boggs, who had used his state militia to exterminate Mormons from his home state of Missouri in 1838, Smith wanted to ensure federal civil rights protections even if a governor himself were "a mobber."

um "none of the above?"

Maybe I'll chance my name to "none of the above" and run for office.

Who would you vote for?

I would have voted for Ron Paul. I ended up voting for the constitutional party candidate, Chuck Baldwin. Both the dems and the reps are so corrupt that anyone voting for them is voting for the destruction of our country.

Going with none of the above, or Ron Paul as well.

I'd have voted for Ron Paul as well.

Ok, I just found out all I need to know from one google search. Any nitwit who says that the war on terror is a bad idea, has his head in the sand and knows nothing about foreign relations or the terrorists he denies are out there trying to kill us.
that alone would make me not vote for him. He would get us all massacred.

Ok, I just found out all I need to know from one google search. Any nitwit who says that the war on terror is a bad idea, has his head in the sand and knows nothing about foreign relations or the terrorists he denies are out there trying to kill us.

You're view of Ron Paul is clearly inaccurate if you think he denies that there are terrorists who'd like to kill us. Do some more research.

Campaign For Liberty — Home

That would be a good start.

You're view of Ron Paul is clearly inaccurate if you think he denies that there are terrorists who'd like to kill us. Do some more research.

dude, he may not deny there are terrorists but he wants to just cancel the war on terror and let them win. That is dangerous. sure I haven't read much more of his politics but that is a fatal flaw for a candidate in my view. Therefore the rest of his politics are irrelevant if we don't live long enought to see his reforms play out.

dude, he may not deny there are terrorists but he wants to just cancel the war on terror and let them win. That is dangerous. sure I haven't read much more of his politics but that is a fatal flaw for a candidate in my view. Therefore the rest of his politics are irrelevant if we don't live long enought to see his reforms play out.

You do realize that terrorists benefit more from being attacked than from being talked to, right? Of course not. Terrorists recruit by using the attacks against them in their local populace as a catch phrase like our most recent "Change". You need to learn more about terrorism from non-partisan sources. Ron Paul isn't a bad choice compare to what we have had lately, though I am still undecided on him just because I don't know much about him.

So we have to let more Americans die and waste how many more trillions of dollars just so we can "win" a war that can't be won? Terrorism is a tactic, you can't wage a war against a tactic. Al-Qaeda isn't capable of destroying the United States, they have no air-force and no navy. It's possible that we could be attacked, 9/11 showed that we're not invulnerable. However, we could be attacked by Americans as well, Timothy McVeigh comes to mind. We've been 7 - 8 years in Afghanistan and we haven't found bin-Laden, and that situation is not likely to change in the near future. It's time to stop trying to "save face," and let our troops come home to their families and friends.

No, Ron Paul is for following the constitution and not playing world police.

Answer me this... who appointed the U.S. the world police? Since when do we go to war when we haven't been attacked? Since when did the President have the power to declare war on his own? He doesn't. Iraq was a colossal fuck up. If we're going to fight terrorism, Ron Paul says we should do so according to the CONSTITUTION! He also understands that we're devaluing our dollar by just printing more money and spending it. The man is smart, and I wish HE was President instead of this BUFFOON hussein who has absolutely ZERO experience.

Last edited:

15 of the 19 hijackers were from Saudi Arabia. NONE of them were from Iraq. Bush's answer was to pull our troups out of Saudi Arabia and attack Iraq. He's made things much worse, not better. And the whole time our soldiers are out there fighting for no bid contracts for companies like Halliburton on our dime, our borders are unprotected. More and more things like Islamic prayer rugs are being found in the desert on our southern border. we've arrested hundreds of muslims crossing our southern border, How many got across?

So we have to let more Americans die and waste how many more trillions of dollars just so we can "win" a war that can't be won? Terrorism is a tactic, you can't wage a war against a tactic. Al-Qaeda isn't capable of destroying the United States, they have no air-force and no navy. It's possible that we could be attacked, 9/11 showed that we're not invulnerable. However, we could be attacked by Americans as well, Timothy McVeigh comes to mind. We've been 7 - 8 years in Afghanistan and we haven't found bin-Laden, and that situation is not likely to change in the near future. It's time to stop trying to "save face," and let our troops come home to their families and friends.

I think you mean well with that last statement, but the wonderful thing is that Al Qaeda doesn't have an army or a navy, We want to keep it that way. You don't understand the mindset of these terrorists. They are on the run. If they are let off the hook. They will mobilize and gain numbers and that is how smaller operations take over a country. That is EXACTLY how Hitler took over. It wasn't the voice of Germany that was Nazi. It was the military that was Nazi and they had the guns and enough numbers to weild them and compel good German citizens to join the Nazi party rather than line up in the concentration camps as well.
You are wrong if you think you can't fight a war against an evil ideology like terrorism. You do it by not quitting. You think they are going to quit? Never, until the throat of every american and non- muslim is slit.
That is why we need to pursue every last one of these rats without mercy. Our soldiers are willing and understand their purpose but unfortunately the complacent citizens back home often don't share their understanding. Ron Paul is one of those.

15 of the 19 hijackers were from Saudi Arabia. NONE of them were from Iraq. Bush's answer was to pull our troups out of Saudi Arabia and attack Iraq. He's made things much worse, not better. And the whole time our soldiers are out there fighting for no bid contracts for companies like Halliburton on our dime, our borders are unprotected. More and more things like Islamic prayer rugs are being found in the desert on our southern border. we've arrested hundreds of muslims crossing our southern border, How many got across?

I would have handled the war a lot differently. It would have been over real quick though, that much I'll say right now. I would have played to win, and not to be popular or avoid offending some lefties.
You are absolutely right about securing our borders. I would take our soldiers out of Korea and put ALL of them on the mexican border.

Forum List

Back