Who Would You Rather Have as President?

Who Would You Vote for President

• Barack Hussein Obama

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Abraham Lincoln

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Joseph Smith Jr./If you like Romney...

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • David Palmer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • George Washington

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • John F. Kennedy

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Bill Clinton

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Ronald Reagan

Votes: 21 43.8%
  • A Woman

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Jack Bauer

Votes: 3 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nobody's perfect man, how would people remember you when you die. Will they focus on the good or the bad. I wouldn't deny imperfections in a man's character but I wouldn't go bringing them up if I knew it was better to have a general good guy remembered for good rather than the few wrongs he committed.

what made him such a dishonest guy then?

Well he lied saying that the Union predated the individual states, and that the states did not have the right to leave the voluntary Union setup by the founders. Then he stated that there would be no invasion of the south so long as they payed their tribute to the federal government, then refusing to be diplomatic towards the Confederacy. Then he instigated the incident at Fort Sumter by trying to re-supply it when he knew that the south wasn't going to let that happen.

Any guy who walks six miles back to the shop just to return 5 cents incorrect extra change(a lot back then) and propogates a war to exterminate slavery deserves the benefit of my doubt.

Lincoln didn't start the war between the states to end slavery, it was just another way to hurt the south. Lincoln started the war to force the southern states back into the Union so that they could pay their tribute to the federal government. In the process he destroyed the system of federalism that our founders gave us, did away with freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution (which he swore an oath to defend, in other words he lied), and allowed for the murder, pillaging, and raping of thousands of southern civilians and slaves at the hands of Union troops.

Well he lied saying that the Union predated the individual states, and that the states did not have the right to leave the voluntary Union setup by the founders. Then he stated that there would be no invasion of the south so long as they payed their tribute to the federal government, then refusing to be diplomatic towards the Confederacy. Then he instigated the incident at Fort Sumter by trying to re-supply it when he knew that the south wasn't going to let that happen.

Any guy who walks six miles back to the shop just to return 5 cents incorrect extra change(a lot back then) and propogates a war to exterminate slavery deserves the benefit of my doubt.

Lincoln didn't start the war between the states to end slavery, it was just another way to hurt the south. Lincoln started the war to force the southern states back into the Union so that they could pay their tribute to the federal government. In the process he destroyed the system of federalism that our founders gave us, did away with freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution (which he swore an oath to defend, in other words he lied), and allowed for the murder, pillaging, and raping of thousands of southern civilians and slaves at the hands of Union troops.

Well, I'd like to see your sources for one. and for the other I will state that it wasn't one reason why the war started but slavery was definitely a marquee reason. And if you want to talk about defending rights and freedoms, wouldn't freeing the slaves come under that description? As for raping of southern victims by northern troops I would really like to see some evidence of that. Even if those atrocities existed I believe they were a few rogues soldiers who are not representative of the union forces.
Lemme guess, you are from the South?

Well, I'd like to see your sources for one. and for the other I will state that it wasn't one reason why the war started but slavery was definitely a marquee reason. And if you want to talk about defending rights and freedoms, wouldn't freeing the slaves come under that description? As for raping of southern victims by northern troops I would really like to see some evidence of that. Even if those atrocities existed I believe they were a few rogues soldiers who are not representative of the union forces.

I'm from northeast Ohio and have always lived here, so I am from the north. Slavery was not a reason that Lincoln decided to go to war, he had no problem with slavery and even supported an amendment to the Constitution that would have made slavery permanent where it already existed. Sherman's march through the south was not a "few rogue soldiers." They were sent by Lincoln, and given the thanks of the nation from Lincoln for burning southern cities to the ground, murdering innocent civilians and slaves, and raping southern women.

My sources are:
The Real Lincoln by Thomas J. DiLorenzo
Lincoln Unmasked by Thomas J. DiLorenzo
War Crimes Against Southern Civilians by Walter Brian Cisco

King Lincoln Archive

That's a huge archive of Lincoln articles that may tickle your fancy.

As for most of Lincoln's crimes, you don't have to search very hard for them. Most people know that he suspended Constitutional rights in the north, was a racist who wanted to send black people out of the country, committed war crimes against southern civilians and slaves. They simply rationalize them away, because, after all, it's Father Abraham.

Reagan still way, WAY ahead.

This is wonderful.

I noticed that with some satisfaction as well.

He was the last President to face such daunting economic challenge and he did so with a quiet and optimistic style those who recall those times yearn for his leadership today.

With each passing year Reagan's greatness is more known and appreciated.

I had a student some years ago who came from Poland who was very quiet, though his writing showed him to be quite intelligent and well versed in the history of Europe. When the subject of Reagan came up, he became quite animated and said loudly twice, "Reagan was a great-great man! My father loves the American Reagan!"

While outwardly I did my best to appear to the students as non-partisan, inside I was very pleased at that young man's appreciation for Ronald Reagan.

I'm from northeast Ohio and have always lived here, so I am from the north. Slavery was not a reason that Lincoln decided to go to war, he had no problem with slavery and even supported an amendment to the Constitution that would have made slavery permanent where it already existed. Sherman's march through the south was not a "few rogue soldiers." They were sent by Lincoln, and given the thanks of the nation from Lincoln for burning southern cities to the ground, murdering innocent civilians and slaves, and raping southern women.

My sources are:

King Lincoln Archive

As for most of Lincoln's crimes, you don't have to search very hard for them. Most people know that he suspended Constitutional rights in the north, was a racist who wanted to send black people out of the country, committed war crimes against southern civilians and slaves. They simply rationalize them away, because, after all, it's Father Abraham.

Ok, I am gonna read these articles and see for myself if there is any real substance. It will take me a while to read them but I have a hunch there is something fishy going on with all this anti Lincoln jargon.

George Washington all day long. He know how to abide by the Constitution. And he didn't let the power go to his head. This man could have been the first king of the United States. At least the president for a long long time.

My sources are:

King Lincoln Archive

Ok, I am gonna read these articles and see for myself if there is any real substance. It will take me a while to read them but I have a hunch there is something fishy going on with all this anti Lincoln jargon.

Any thoughts on Lincoln's tyranny?

Washington was a remarkable figure.

Sadly, his importance has been diminished over time in the K-12 curriculum, and even the college level.

At no time in our history have we known so very little of it...

Pres. - Ronald Reagan
VP - George Washington

(Ah, Reaganomics. Where the rich got richer and the poor got richer)
The Real Reagan Economic Record: Responsible and Successful Fiscal Policy

White House Chief of Staff - Samuel Adams
Director of the Office of Management and Budget - Bill Gates
Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency - Richard Nixon
Ambassador to the United Nations - Bozo the Clown
Chair of the Council of Economic Advisors - Ludwig von Mises

Secretary of State - Benjamin Franklin
Secretary of the Treasury - Adam Smith
Secretary of Defense - Dwight Eisenhower
Attorney General - Robert Bork
Secretary of the Interior - Rush Limbaugh
Secretary of Agriculture - (Eliminated)
Secretary of Housing and Urban Development - Frank Lloyd Wright
Secretary of Transportation - (Eliminated)
Secretary of Energy - Albert Einstein
Secretary of Education - William F. Buckley Jr.
Secretary of Veterans' Affairs - (Moved under Defense dept)
Secretary of Homeland Security - (Eliminated)
Secretary of Commerce - Ayn Rand
Secretary of Health and Human Services - (Eliminated)
Director of the National Drug Control Policy - Bob Marley
United States Trade Representative - (Moved under Commerce dept)

Majority Whip (Senate) - Thomas Jefferson
Majority Whip (House) - Martin Luther King Jr.

George Washington all day long. He know how to abide by the Constitution. And he didn't let the power go to his head. This man could have been the first king of the United States. At least the president for a long long time.

Plus if he were around today, he could shut a lot of people up about what's "unconstitutional, and what is." The lefty Lawyers would hate him.

George Washington all the way. I agree. He would have stayed strictly to our constitution which at this point would help ever aspect of our country. We have fallen a long way.

The Federalist party would come back that's for sure.

My sources are:

King Lincoln Archive

Any thoughts on Lincoln's tyranny?

Sorry, I haven't had a chance to look it up but I will and then I'll let you know.

Forum List

Back