Obama finally said something I agree with!

Obama
I was very eager to make sure that we can deliver on a commitment that I have to deliver healthcare for the American people. I think I messed up. I screwed up in not recognizing
So lets rush into spending 900BILLION DOLLARS

On the job training

Messed up but this is what number 4 and counting!!

Obama
I was very eager to make sure that we can deliver on a commitment that I have to deliver healthcare for the American people. I think I messed up. I screwed up in not recognizing

On the job training

And they said Bush was dumb. Obama makes a sack of hammers look brilliant... :tongue:

The next four years are going to be a disaster for the country, but at least we'll go down laughing and crying at the same time... :hmpf:

On the job training

He didn't mess up. The guy was never confirmed. He stopped before he messed up. Maybe George will sit back and actually learn something for once in his Simpleton life..

same policies? are you kidding?

the last of the repubs are DESPERATELY trying to force the dems to cut cut cut taxes for the wealthy again.

and hopefully obama will point out to them that those policies messed things up in the first place.

but nice try.

the last of the repubs are DESPERATELY trying to force the dems to cut cut cut taxes for the wealthy again.

and hopefully obama will point out to them that those policies messed things up in the first place.

but nice try.
Please explain how tax cuts caused the credit crisis...

(This otta be good.)

but nice try.

(This otta be good.)

Oddly, it can, depending on who the cuts are for. Cutting taxes for only one small group forces the rest of us to pick up the slack or fall into more debt as a country like our currently problem ... :eusa_whistle:

However, until that debt is paid cutting any taxes is pretty stupid. As long as our government has no money we are ALL poor in reality. A flat tax for all (percentage of income) that is enforced equally would be the only viable and workable solution to any economic problem we have now. Though the actual cause of our current economic problem wasn't caused by tax cuts but by people living on money that isn't really there (credit cards) and by businesses actually expecting people to pay back this money they borrowed.

but nice try.

(This otta be good.)

Oddly, it can, depending on who the cuts are for. Cutting taxes for only one small group forces the rest of us to pick up the slack or fall into more debt as a country like our currently problem ... :eusa_whistle:

However, until that debt is paid cutting any taxes is pretty stupid. As long as our government has no money we are ALL poor in reality. A flat tax for all (percentage of income) that is enforced equally would be the only viable and workable solution to any economic problem we have now. Though the actual cause of our current economic problem wasn't caused by tax cuts but by people living on money that isn't really there (credit cards) and by businesses actually expecting people to pay back this money they borrowed.
You have no clue. You are only spouting Democrat talking points.

Government revenues went up. This was also true with the JFK, Reagan and Contract with America tax cuts.

And the tax burden shifted toward the rich:

chart6_lg.gif

Obama

On the job training

Obama isn't creating policy or the bill. His ideas were for infrastructure spending and creating a economy dependent upon green jobs. He's offering tax cuts to appease the Republicans. There's nothing wrong with that idea and Congress is working on the bill right now, BUT - all of these other frivilous things like contraception and enviornmental research and re-sodding the Washington Mall... that's just stupid. But that's not Obama's fault - that's Pelosi's.

You can blame Obama for bad vetting of these candidates. He screwed up. He made a mistake. At least he's man enough to own up to it right away instead of waiting 8 years like Bush. Reagan fucked up numerous times as well. In fact, it wasn't until 1983 that our economy finally started recovering and that was after he RAISED taxes in 1982.

You connies will have plenty of time to blame Obama for what actually is his fault. Don't blame him for the things that aren't. I never blamed Bush for 9/11, but I did blame him for not having a fully fleshed out exit strategy from Iraq.

better yet... let's listen to the idiots who got us into this mess.

Both sides of the isle got us into this mess. Let's not forget that this mess started with Freddie/Fannie-originally started by Jimmy Carter--& then controlled by democrats on the congressional & senate banking committees--whom "pressured" our banks into loaning out money to people who could not pay it back. Then you can blame republicans for not putting enough pressure on the likes of Barney Franks & Criss Dodd or at least bringing attention to the American public the severe problems with these two government run organizations. So BOTH are at fault.

Note--that Criss Dodd & Barney Frank are still in their exact same seat. If you would have done something as negligent as they did you would have been fired from your job. All of us would have, yet these two idiots are still there, in the exact same seats, now claiming that the previous 700 billion dollar bailout screwup that they did, is now something they claim credit for. Unbelievable.

Last edited:

When he admits to not being the best candidate for President, I can't help but agree with him.

That actually shows backbone ... a backbone that so few Americans ever have. Even in the regular work force ... especially in the regular workforce. People are just too weak to admit their short comings. So when he says that, at least he makes me feel more comfortable with him since he has the strength to at least admit it.

Great job taking it out of context! :eusa_whistle:

Obama: Well, first of all I never thought it was easy. Change is hard. Just like changing how campaigns were run is hard. We didn't do that overnight. If you recall my campaign for president, we had a lot of fits and starts. I wasn't the best candidate, and, you know, we made a lot of mistakes in the beginning, and over time we stayed focused on being true to our central message, which was that the American people deserve a better government.

He's obviously referring to the beginning as he references it again in the next sentence. He improved vastly over time.

Last edited:

(This otta be good.)

You have no clue. You are only spouting Democrat talking points.

Government revenues went up. This was also true with the JFK, Reagan and Contract with America tax cuts.

And the tax burden shifted toward the rich:

chart6_lg.gif

Those graphs don't mean a thing because the rich didn't pay their fair share.

Great job taking it out of context! :eusa_whistle:

Obama: Well, first of all I never thought it was easy. Change is hard. Just like changing how campaigns were run is hard. We didn't do that overnight. If you recall my campaign for president, we had a lot of fits and starts. I wasn't the best candidate, and, you know, we made a lot of mistakes in the beginning, and over time we stayed focused on being true to our central message, which was that the American people deserve a better government.

He's obviously referring to the beginning as he references it again in the next sentence. He improved vastly over time.

So with his focus on the campaign and WINNING ... that made him better?

Forum List

Back