Who Would You Pick to Replace Comey?

Who would you like to see as FBI director?

• Rudy Giuliani

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Chris Christi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ray Kelly

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • John Pistole

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Andrew McCabe

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Trey Gowdy

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • G Gordon Liddy

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters
Don't you think part of the FBI's job is to keep up on the nutcases?
Yep, that is why the democrats not a week ago, wanted Comey's head on a pike.
We did? Can you link those posts for us, please?
Have you been living under a rock? Just a few weeks ago, Schumer was calling for Comey's firing. Two days ago, he was calling the firing a mistake.
Oh...he called for "his firing"......but you claimed that Democrats had "wanted Comey's head on a pike." Let me be the first to inform you that those are not the same thing.
So, today you claim you don't understand a figure of speech, but tomorrow you'll probably indulge in it.

Whatever.
Oh...so you claim it is a figure of speech.........now. :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW....it's "head on a spike"

And this is what it means:

Idiom: Head on a spike
Idiom Definitions for 'Head on a spike'
If someone wants a head on a spike, they want to be able to destroy or really punish a person.

hardly the same as just wanting to fire someone.

Flynn.

Flynn should replace Comey

I dunno Frank --- that almost-mustache? Kinda sinister.....

upload_2017-5-11_12-57-45.jpeg

He's scary looking and scary acting. He always seems to have deep, dark conspiracy theories lurking in his mind, even if he doesn't exactly say it out loud.

No offense honey, but your ilk thinks that "words" are scary and believe that anyone disagreeing with you are "Nazi's" - Not putting a lot of stock in your "feelings"
I don't think you're a Nazi; just a bitch. I welcome disagreement, you can disagree with me all you want but you're the one getting "personal," per usual. And I'm not your honey.

ooo I like em feisty. Alright then. Tell me how he "acts scary" and tell me how many FBI folks you actually know that don't think about "conspiracy theories" Hint, it's part of their job to investigate them. I bet it would surprise you to know that FBI /regularly/ hangs out in all the underground haunts that most folks blow off, 4chan /pol/ and even darker corners like with the enemy - and they spend their entire time spinning conspiracy theories (relative term of course, depending on what country you're in and who's side you're on) and trying to prove/disprove them.
Don't you think part of the FBI's job is to keep up on the nutcases?

So, let me get this straight, you've gone from Gowdy is a bad pick for FBI Director because "he always seems to have deep, dark conspiracy theories lurking in his mind" to "don't you think part of the FBI's job is to keep up on the nutcases" -- I thank you for proving my point about Gowdy being a good choice and I concur.
Wait! Is Gowdy in the FBI? Has he ever been? There's a difference between checking out conspiracy theorists and being a conspiracy theorist. Gowdy is very intelligent, I'm sure. I would prefer to see someone who is not a dyed in the wool Republican politician with a strong partisan perspective as head of the FBI at this point, though. The person leading the FBI's investigation into the Russia investigation and a Republican administration should be as neutral as possible. If the President appoints a Republican politician, he should also demand an Independent Investigator to get this thing over with.

Wait! Is Gowdy in the FBI? Has he ever been? There's a difference between checking out conspiracy theorists and being a conspiracy theorist. Gowdy is very intelligent, I'm sure.

Apparently not intelligent enough to pick a name other than "Trés Gowdy". :lol:

Might as well run Plaxico Burress in there. Hey I know an engineer named Dick Bagg. True story, he signs his name that way on the elevator certificates when he does inspections.

Fat Ass Chris Christi getting zero votes! Poor guy! Before Trump came along I though he, Perry and Walker were probably our best shots at a GOP candidate!

I know right? How sad is it when you lose a poll vote to Gordon Liddy.... :lmao:

Wait! Is Gowdy in the FBI? Has he ever been? There's a difference between checking out conspiracy theorists and being a conspiracy theorist. Gowdy is very intelligent, I'm sure. I would prefer to see someone who is not a dyed in the wool Republican politician with a strong partisan perspective as head of the FBI at this point, though. The person leading the FBI's investigation into the Russia investigation and a Republican administration should be as neutral as possible. If the President appoints a Republican politician, he should also demand an Independent Investigator to get this thing over with.

Lets first start with the FBI Directors job description - Along with the Deputy Director, the Director is responsible for ensuring that cases and operations are handled correctly. The Director also is in charge of staffing the leadership in any one of the FBI field offices with qualified agents.

I believe Gowdy's hard nosed approach toward following the law is a good match for those duties.

That aside, I also believe that being a skeptic investigator and following all leads (including that grain of truth in conspiracy theories) is an important skill for an agent (be that FBI or CIA) to have. It ensures that no rocks remain un-turned. It speaks to having an open mind - especially useful when applied to figuring out the truth.

A political figure is the /worst/ thing to put in the FBI right now. The job needs to go to someone who has respect for the law and the constitution, not partisan games. The FBI should /never/ be a political figure, ever.

I agree, the person investigating /everything/ should be as neutral as possible - it wouldn't be whomever is appointed as Director of the FBI regardless, but even if it were, Gowdy is interested in LAW not partisan games, that inherently makes him neutral. I have little doubt that he would throw President Trump's ass in the chair and get to the bottom of if the President is corrupt - and in fact he as vocally expressed his concerns on that very point of Russian collusion/hacking the election, which makes him a good choice for the Dems as well.

I don't think the President should appoint a politician, however, I do think that perhaps appointing an independent investigator might be warranted just to settle shit down with the partisan crazies. However, to do so when there's not a scrap of credible evidence isn't going to go over well. The FBI needs to come up with something more than "so n so on the Trump team talked to a Russian 10 years ago" for that to be warranted.

Wait! Is Gowdy in the FBI? Has he ever been? There's a difference between checking out conspiracy theorists and being a conspiracy theorist. Gowdy is very intelligent, I'm sure.

Might as well run Plaxico Burress in there. Hey I know an engineer named Dick Bagg. True story, he signs his name that way on the elevator certificates when he does inspections.

You picked your birth name? Okay... well most of us don't. ~shrug~

Nope, and I don't use it either. We all get the choice of how to be called..

Nope, and I don't use it either. We all get the choice of how to be called..

Huh... I like my birth name, as did/does everyone around me, so that's not the norm with anyone. More power to ya I guess...

I guess I should ask my minions if any of them felt compelled to change their names heh

Forum List

Back