Who Would You Pick to Replace Comey?

Who would you like to see as FBI director?

• Rudy Giuliani

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Chris Christi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ray Kelly

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • John Pistole

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Andrew McCabe

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Trey Gowdy

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • G Gordon Liddy

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters
Wait! Is Gowdy in the FBI? Has he ever been? There's a difference between checking out conspiracy theorists and being a conspiracy theorist. Gowdy is very intelligent, I'm sure.

Apparently not intelligent enough to pick a name other than "Trés Gowdy". :lol:

Might as well run Plaxico Burress in there. Hey I know an engineer named Dick Bagg. True story, he signs his name that way on the elevator certificates when he does inspections.

You picked your birth name? Okay... well most of us don't. ~shrug~

Nope, and I don't use it either. We all get the choice of how to be called..

Huh... I like my birth name, as did/does everyone around me, so that's not the norm with anyone. More power to ya I guess...

I guess I should ask my minions if any of them felt compelled to change their names heh

I go by my middle name, like James Paul McCartney or G. Gordon LIddy.

So did my mother, and at least two of her siblings. Actually I've always been called by it. My great-grandfather's middle name. He didn't go by it, but he should have.

I agree, the person investigating /everything/ should be as neutral as possible - it wouldn't be whomever is appointed as Director of the FBI regardless, but even if it were, Gowdy is interested in LAW not partisan games, that inherently makes him neutral.
The FBI Director steers and decides yay or nay as to where/to what extent an investigation goes. Gowdy is interested in law, sure, but he was also outspokenly critical of Obama as well as Clinton. That makes it pretty obvious to me that he is looking at the world through a partisan prism. Gowdy talks all fair and balanced, but his actual opinions are not neutral.
Maybe he'll get fired, too?

I agree, the person investigating /everything/ should be as neutral as possible - it wouldn't be whomever is appointed as Director of the FBI regardless, but even if it were, Gowdy is interested in LAW not partisan games, that inherently makes him neutral.
The FBI Director steers and decides yay or nay as to where/to what extent an investigation goes. Gowdy is interested in law, sure, but he was also outspokenly critical of Obama as well as Clinton. That makes it pretty obvious to me that he is looking at the world through a partisan prism. Gowdy talks all fair and balanced, but his actual opinions are not neutral.

He was also outspoken that Trump wasn't happy with him: (I'll find "better" if I can - this ones kind of shitty)

Forum List

Back