So . . . Just What Has Happened To Our Flying Skies?

toobfreak

Tungsten/Glass Member
Apr 29, 2017
On The Way Home To Earth
It has gotten now to almost every day you are seeing video or news of passengers brawling in the aisles of a plane, slug fests, passengers being threatened with arrest, their kids to be taken from them. Police officers, threats of felony charges if they do not give up their paid-for seats for some specious reason! Apologies from the airlines, Congressional investigations, then . . . the same thing all over again! What is at the heart of the problem here?

IMO, the natural result of government intervention and control. Anytime you put the government in charge of anything, it eventually becomes a disaster, huge overruns, massive delays, and all with the humanity of Pol Pot. No one can be reasonable anymore.

Such events and customer treatment would have been UNTHINKABLE 20 years ago! Now a reality that everyone has gotten used to and now accepts. I do not.

upload_2017-5-10_22-51-20.jpeg

Need to take away the government subsidies and allow the airlines to the raise cost of seats.

There is more to that than I'm stating. I'll let the posters reading it work it out for themselves.

*****SMILE*****

:)

It has gotten now to almost every day you are seeing video or news of passengers brawling in the aisles of a plane, slug fests, passengers being threatened with arrest, their kids to be taken from them. Police officers, threats of felony charges if they do not give up their paid-for seats for some specious reason! Apologies from the airlines, Congressional investigations, then . . . the same thing all over again! What is at the heart of the problem here?

IMO, the natural result of government intervention and control. Anytime you put the government in charge of anything, it eventually becomes a disaster, huge overruns, massive delays, and all with the humanity of Pol Pot. No one can be reasonable anymore.

Such events and customer treatment would have been UNTHINKABLE 20 years ago! Now a reality that everyone has gotten used to and now accepts. I do not.

It is only children and public school educated - no manners

View attachment 126043

Need to take away the government subsidies and allow the airlines to the raise cost of seats.

There is more to that than I'm stating. I'll let the posters reading it work it out for themselves.

*****SMILE*****

What subsidies?

upload_2017-5-10_22-56-21.jpeg

WikiLeaks Disclosure Shows U.S. Airlines Received Billions in Subsidies

http://www.economist.com/blogs/gulliver/2015/03/airline-subsidies-gulf

http://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/061515/

*****SMILE*****

View attachment 126043

*****SMILE*****

What subsidies?

View attachment 126044

WikiLeaks Disclosure Shows U.S. Airlines Received Billions in Subsidies

http://www.economist.com/blogs/gulliver/2015/03/airline-subsidies-gulf

http://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/061515/

*****SMILE*****

404: Page Not Found
The page you requested could not be found. It may have moved or does not exist.

Go to our homepage | Send us an email

Read more: Page not found | Investopedia http://www.investopedia.com/not-found/#ixzz4gjvBSHZQ
Follow us: Investopedia on Facebook

It's so different when white folk riot.

Yes, the peasants should never be educated.

It's so different when white folk riot.
Why? Because they're not allowed to blame it on blacks?

The problem is that the airline industry has become a oligopoly. Obama never should have allowed the US Air-United merger to take place. The airline industry can treat its customers like dirt because they know they have nowhere to go. The big airlines need to be broken up through anti-trust laws.

As a matter of fact, back in the 1970's, and the 1980's, before airlines were deregulated, flying was pure luxury. Now, it is a dog eat dog industry, and I don't fly any more.

Crowding. Put a shitload of people crammed in a tight space, fill those tiny cubbyholes with obese people or screaming kids, overbook, take away their food they used to serve, increase prices...and you get what is happening.

Would someone like a research project (I'm a bit off kilter lately with other things)

I'd like to see a list of where these flights are from/to and the home state for the "inflicted" passengers for each incident.

lol. Not only no...HAYELL no will anyone bust ass to do that search for you...because...it ain't important. What IS important is the airlines need to get their shit together and/or people find another way to travel...OR...another airline does the opposite of what these idiots are doing and make a mint by going back to the 70's in quality customer service.

lol. Not only no...HAYELL no will anyone bust ass to do that search for you...because...it ain't important. What IS important is the airlines need to get their shit together and/or people find another way to travel...OR...another airline does the opposite of what these idiots are doing and make a mint by going back to the 70's in quality customer service.

You speak for 'everyone'? How humble of you.

It's called delegation dear, not just a work term. Obviously it's too low on my priority list to bother with at this time, so really if no one wants to do it then no worries. If someone does, cool we can go from there and see if there's any correlation or connection and thus hopefully ferret out a solution. ~shrug~

Yes, the peasants should never be educated.

Its the manners cupcake.

Forum List

Back