Who would you like to see at Romneys running mate..

Would you vote for it, though, is the question.

I'd consider it. But probably not. Even if hell did, in fact, freeze over and Rand were the pick - he'd be largely ignored as a vice president, a token at best.

Let's be honest. The VP is as John Adams put it is "the most insignificant office that ever the invention of man contrived or his imagination conceived." The VP has three jobs: a) bang the gavel in the Senate, b) wait for the President to die, and c) avoid doing something stupid.

Now the likelihood that Romney is going to die is virtually zero so the only value to the VP candidate is someone who will bring in votes or help secure a critical state. Rob Portman may deliver Ohio which is absolutely critical. Rubio would help with the Hispanic vote but to what degree, I don't know. Would the Rubio factor be enough to flip New Mexico for example? I doubt it. It would certainly ice Florida, but my guess is that Romney will probably take Florida without Rubio once it's all said and done.

Anyhow...that's what Romney's team will be looking at. Who offers the best chance of delivering a critical state or set of states and they will go with who they think can do that. Rand Paul is too polarizing. I would be very shocked if he got the nod and just forget about Santorum right now. He will drive away the Independents in flocks.

Last edited:
Paul Ryan, Bobby Jindahl are the two that come to mind.

I like Rubio, I respect that he has said that he wants to stay where he is, but maybe if asked he may change his mind. :)

That's just politics. No potential VP candidate ever comes out and says "oh pick me, pick meeeeeeeee" ;) They have to play it detached publicly or they will look like a tool if someone else gets the nod. Behind the scenes is a different matter. Rubio will do it if asked. So will the rest of them with only very few exceptions. I doubt Condi Rice would do it, for example, because she is not playing that game at all anymore and from what I have read she has no wish to get back into it.

Maybe he will run for president himself one day....:) He is very talented and as with other talents, what's the rush....but he would be a great VP if asked...

since the GOP has made zero effort to attract minorities to this point

Trying to divide America along racial lines is not a Republican thing.

Indeed, dividing people into little groups, identity politics, is a Democrat specialty. The problem for the Republicans, however, is that the strategy has been very successful, and they face an uphill battle. The least they could do is try to communicate their message to those groups on a clear and consistent basis. The other guys are, and it's hardening many minorities against the Republicans.

The GOP ignores demographics at their own peril.

Huckabee is to nice for the job.

Palin….no way after the reality television she did.

Condi…would be perfect but won't do it.

We need someone of color…because Obama got elected only because he was black. No one cared about what he was talking about….he wrote books to brainwash people into thinking he was someone he was not. I doubt he is even a citizen…as it took him over three years to cough up a bogus certificate. His other records are sealed and he won't release his educational records or medical records. Who is he? He is black and that is what got him the job. So if the Republicans want any chance….they better find someone qualified who is of color. And there are plenty out there.

Howard Stern proved this. Go to youtube and type in Sterns Harlem interviews…you will die laughing.

I still love Herman Cain……he is my pick. He is likable…and as the Democrats always say….the personal life does not matter so how could they bring up infidelities if there were any…hell Kennedy, Clinton…had them.

Huckabee is to nice for the job.

We need someone of color…because Obama got elected only because he was black. No one cared about what he was talking about….he wrote books to brainwash people into thinking he was someone he was not. I doubt he is even a citizen…as it took him over three years to cough up a bogus certificate. His other records are sealed and he won't release his educational records or medical records. Who is he? He is black and that is what got him the job. So if the Republicans want any chance….they better find someone qualified who is of color. And there are plenty out there.

Howard Stern proved this. Go to youtube and type in Sterns Harlem interviews…you will die laughing.

I still love Herman Cain……he is my pick. He is likable…and as the Democrats always say….the personal life does not matter so how could they bring up infidelities if there were any…hell Kennedy, Clinton…had them.

This is why Bobby Jindahl would be a good pick, but he is about as charismatic as Gore...

Indeed, dividing people into little groups, identity politics, is a Democrat specialty. The problem for the Republicans, however, is that the strategy has been very successful, and they face an uphill battle. The least they could do is try to communicate their message to those groups on a clear and consistent basis. The other guys are, and it's hardening many minorities against the Republicans.

I don't suppose you will want to support that statement? That democrats own that startegy.

Please, if you are going to tell me that the practice is so prevalent in Dem strategy and so absent in the GOP that it is obvious to anyone...and that there is no need to support it.......just don't. It is better if you just let it sit there.

By the way.....how can the GOP refine it's message to "those groups" without recognizing them as "those groups"?

And, is the Democratic strategy of messaging "those groups" hardening them against the GOP because they are engaging in positive Democratic messaging or negative GOP messaging?

Last edited:

Yep..Republicans should continue to pass laws that allow for searches of Hispanics, country wide. They should really go after abortion and contraception too. As well as advocating for no questions asked shootings of black kids. And they should also tell Muslims they can't build Mosques in the United States. And start commissions to investigate all Muslims.

Good stuff.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back