Who would you like to see at Romneys running mate..

Romney will be the face of the GOP. The veep pick has never mattered for much and I don't see that changing here. And this notion that Romney needs a minority is something of a fallacy, since the GOP has made zero effort to attract minorities to this point, and cramming one in there under Mitt would make whomever it is look like a token. I'm still guessing it'll be Ryan, Portman or Rubio (token), in that order...

My choices,,

Chris Christie
Paul Ryan
Marco Rubio
Scott Walker
John Kasich
Alan West

Those on my list in no particular order

Again, doesn't matter who his running mate is, it's still going to be Romney.

Romney's problem here is that if he gets a running mate that people might get somewhat excited about, it'll just remind them about how inadequate he is to the people he's representing.

My guess, he'll take Rob Portman. A guy who won't upstage him, but has gravitas.

If their anti abortion, anti social security and medicare and anti union positions are so popular, how come its those issues that make all these people unelectable? Isn't that something? Why can't any of the names mentioned be the VP? Why can't Santorum? Because of his economic and social views. And that goes for every other name on this list. So you have to go completely off the radar. But I will bet you this Rob Portman with all his gravitas, is still anti abortion, anti social security and medicare and anti middle class.

If not, what seperates him from the other names mentioned? Other than we don't know all his baggage yet. He just hasn't been vetted yet.

So Christie, Walker, Cain, Allen West, Bachmann, Newt, NONE OF THEM are good choices? Isn't that amazing? What happened to their mandate in 2010? I've never even heard of this ass clown. Who is he? :lol:

He's the Senator from Ohio (a swing state) and used to be Bush-43's budget director. (which could actually be a downside.)

Romney will be the face of the GOP. The veep pick has never mattered for much and I don't see that changing here. And this notion that Romney needs a minority is something of a fallacy, since the GOP has made zero effort to attract minorities to this point, and cramming one in there under Mitt would make whomever it is look like a token. I'm still guessing it'll be Ryan, Portman or Rubio (token), in that order...

I can't see him taking Ryan, as Ryan has become the face of some very unpopular proposed cuts. (Incidently, I think Ryan is one of the few adults in the room in the GOP Caucus.)

Susan Collins

Are you joking here or not?

I do think that Romney's running mate has to hit the following boxes.

1) Someone who won't unnecessarily antagonize the far right.

2) Someone who isn't more dynamic than Romney himself.

3) Someone who can credibly talk about issues, and hold his own in the one debate with Biden no one will actually watch.

I can't see him taking Ryan, as Ryan has become the face of some very unpopular proposed cuts. (Incidently, I think Ryan is one of the few adults in the room in the GOP Caucus.)

I love this shit.

Ryan is a petulant, dishonest, political hack.

I like Rubio, I respect that he has said that he wants to stay where he is, but maybe if asked he may change his mind. :)

And just to quantify those "cuts", the growth of the proposed outlays is about a Trillion plus dollars across ten years.

http://danieljmitchell.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/ryan-2012-budget.jpg

I love this shit.

Ryan is a petulant, dishonest, political hack.

The observations of a true Liberal.

Just to have a comparator to gauge your sanity, how do you describe Joe Biden?

I like Rubio, I respect that he has said that he wants to stay where he is, but maybe if asked he may change his mind. :)

That's just politics. No potential VP candidate ever comes out and says "oh pick me, pick meeeeeeeee" ;) They have to play it detached publicly or they will look like a tool if someone else gets the nod. Behind the scenes is a different matter. Rubio will do it if asked. So will the rest of them with only very few exceptions. I doubt Condi Rice would do it, for example, because she is not playing that game at all anymore and from what I have read she has no wish to get back into it.

Forum List

Back