"Who won the veep debate" thread

Bottom line.... If you are a liberal and want a bigger government, Biden won. He was a model liberal.

If on the other hand, you see America going the wrong direction... Ryan won.

No minds were changed.

The line of the night in my opinion was when Ryan said they would not blame others for the next four years.... Instead they will take responsibility and they also will not try to replace our founding principles, but to re-apply our founding principles.

cnn polls said ryan was favored by about 10% and one thing i noticed was that about halfway through the cocaine or whatever the vp was on started to wear off. i think someone in the audience had to of just gotten his attention, and told him he was making a fool of himself.

I have never seen so many rightwingers this butthurt all at once.

Regards from Rosie

You haven't seen anything yet, Rosie.

The butthurt you are seeing now pales in comparison to what we saw here after the ACA ruling, and that butthurt will be a candle to the sun after the re-election.

What swing voters? Did you poll every swing voter already?

Frank Luntz did , DUMMY.Piss off Noob and STFU.. the ADULTS are having a conversation.
Frank Luntz, Mark Levin... You aren't just drinking the kool-aid, you are spooning the powder out of the container, bypassing the "mix with water" part, and just packing down your throat.

Yes that's right. Only liberals can commission reliable polls.

I have never seen so many rightwingers this butthurt all at once.

Regards from Rosie

Horseshit. The right is grateful as fucking hell that Biden made an ass out of himself with his attitude...because if not for his overacting, he would most likely have been seen as the clear winner of this debate based on experience and his usual likeable and conversational tone. He did the left no favors by coming off as a jerk, and even honest people on the left aren't attempting to deny it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1O5II0ZBCuA]Romney ties his dog to the roof of his car in an airtight kennel?! - YouTube[/ame]

Chris Wallace interviewing Mitt Romney.

Ryan wins, yes, of course. He's not a psycho like Biden.

I'm happy those few who watched this saw the truth. I know I enjoyed it.

I don't think that Biden is a psycho, but he was so pumped up for this debate that his self restraint was obviously not in tact. He isn't known for self restraint, we know, but this was surely over the top and appeared crude, disrespectful and lacking in good judgment.

I couldn't help but think that a president is one that should be able to bring sparring Congresspeople together for the good of the country. If this president doesn't listen to both sides of the aisle, find some common ground to build on and bring those together, he is useless. And this man could not shut up and listen. All he could do was talk, interrupt and appear condescending.

Are these atributes you would want in a leader?

Ryan was just the opposite. He was cordial, when he was constantly being interrupted, not shaken off message when being overtalked, was cool, calm and continued toi debate when smirks continued by his partner. I commend him for that. He was presidential material.

Biden when he's on is pretty formiddable..he IS likeable and quick. I think he went in there with an absolute plan...to bloviate, to distract, to unnerve, to call Ryan a liar, to put out some fake stuff...

I think he main objective was to prevent Ryan from coming away a star...and I think as far as that objective goes, he did it.

Vice president Biden, while attempting to appear confident and dismissive instead projected condescension rudeness and a manic superiority facade.

That tipped the scale from draw to advantage Ryan.

High points. Ryan wrote letter begging for stimulus.
Ryan made fun of Joe's "gaffes" when talking about the 47%, then Joe said, "I mean what I say about the 47% and so does Mitt Romney".

Vice president Biden, while attempting to appear confident and dismissive instead projected condescension rudeness and a manic superiority facade.

That tipped the scale from draw to advantage Ryan.

Ryan was smiling. It's just that he has no lips.

Ryan wins, yes, of course. He's not a psycho like Biden.

I'm happy those few who watched this saw the truth. I know I enjoyed it.

I don't think that Biden is a psycho, but he was so pumped up for this debate that his self restraint was obviously not in tact. He isn't known for self restraint, we know, but this was surely over the top and appeared crude, disrespectful and lacking in good judgment.

I couldn't help but think that a president is one that should be able to bring sparring Congresspeople together for the good of the country. If this president doesn't listen to both sides of the aisle, find some common ground to build on and bring those together, he is useless. And this man could not shut up and listen. All he could do was talk, interrupt and appear condescending.

Are these atributes you would want in a leader?

Ryan was just the opposite. He was cordial, when he was constantly being interrupted, not shaken off message when being overtalked, was cool, calm and continued toi debate when smirks continued by his partner. I commend him for that. He was presidential material.

You're negative description of Biden very aptly describes Romney in the last debate, making your conclusion a form of special pleading simply because Ryan is a conservative. It is merely that fact that Biden is on the other side for you, that the same characteristics you attribute to him, don't apply to Romney only the week before, when their behavior was very similar. Special pleading...

Forum List

Back