who will christians discriminate against once gays have equal rights?

Here's a straight up and honest question though. Considering Islamic nations regularly punish if not execute gays, why are Christians continually under attack from the American LGBT communitiy?

Europe is now beginning to see some real problems with hardline Muslims against their gay communities. Holland is seeing anti gay violence really ramp up from Islamists.

So why is it I don't see thread titles like

who will Muslims discriminate against once gays have equal rights?

or who will Hindus discriminate against once gays have equal rights?

or who will Troggs discriminate against once gays have equal rights?

I just don't get it.

Here's a straight up and honest question though. Considering Islamic nations regularly punish if not execute gays, why are Christians continually under attack from the American LGBT communitiy?

Europe is now beginning to see some real problems with hardline Muslims against their gay communities. Holland is seeing anti gay violence really ramp up from Islamists.

I just don't get it.
Because most Christians adhere strictly to the word of the bible. The LGBT community can't stand that....So, Christians are not only labeled bigots by the clowns, but non-Christians who don't buy into their BS are also labeled bigots.

The LGBT primarily attacks the Christian faith, because it's the dominate faith in this country.

In all actuality, it's the LGBT community who are the true bigots. They just refuse to admit it. As we see daily on this board.

Last edited:
I don't consider excluding gays from your church to because they want to be married discrimination. Churches are free to marry whoever they choose.

Last edited:

I just don't get it.

I was thinking the same thing while reading thru the thread, you'd think that only Christians discriminate at all, and that all other groups have somehow found the cure for it. :lol: I think human beings discriminate, for all kinds of reasons, and it knows no group boundaries such as 'christians', 'whites', 'blacks', 'women', 'nurses', etc... It's a silly concept to begin with by those who are bigots themselves.

I just don't get it.
Because most Christians adhere strictly to the word of the bible. The LGBT community can't stand that....So, Christians are not only labeled bigots by the clowns, but non-Christians who don't buy into their BS are also labeled bigots.

The LGBT primarily attacks the Christian faith, because it's the dominate faith in this country.

In all actuality, it's the LGBT community who are the true bigots. They just refuse to admit it. As we see daily on this board.

The majority of gays are christian.............................

Survey Explores Faith of Homosexuals, Christian News

The Bush faith based initiatives allow religious organizations to discriminate in hiring and still recieve federal dollars. This violates the Civil Right's Act of 1964.

I just don't get it.

Sad indeed, if true.

Sad indeed, if true.

Why is that sad?

Christianity is morphing right before our eyes into a religion that grows more and more accepting of homosexuality by the day.

Sad indeed, if true.

Why is that sad?

Christianity is morphing right before our eyes into a religion that grows more and more accepting of homosexuality by the day.

Sad, because by definition, just BEING gay is sinful. That's ridiculous. I can't imagine why any self-respecting gay man or lesbian would go to a Christian church.

The only way to be a "good christian" and gay is to be celibate.

I just don't get it.
Yes, actually, you do.

And where have you been? Christian bashing is all the rage. Why? Because even their extremist nuts (and let's pretend that isn't a tiny % of the total for a sec) are very rarely violent, unlike oh say Muslim extremists, so realistically there is little to lose or fear in bashing them. Christians tend to just take it, just like Jesus did. So what if what the ranters say is loaded with idiocy and holes in their logic big enough to drive a truck through? It's the latest thing! So hop on board and rant about the Inquisition or pretend all Christians are militant fundies, and of course ignore the tons of charitible work they do! What a fun ride, you can whine and cry all you want 'bout them SOBs, wheeeeeeeeeee

:cuckoo:

Last edited:

I just don't get it.

They can call themselves Christians until the crows swim. Fact is, it's a bit hypocritical to identify as such. Seeing as though they go against the bible, and choose to live their immoral life.

I just don't get it.
Yes, actually, you do.

And where have you been? Christian bashing is all the rage. Why? Because even their extremist nuts (and let's pretend that isn't a tiny % of the total for a sec) are very rarely violent, unlike oh say Muslim extremists, so realistically there is little to lose or fear in bashing them. They just take it, just like Jesus did. So what if what they say is loaded with idiocy and holes in their logic big enough to drive through? It's the latest thing! So hop on board and rant about the Inquisition or pretend all Christians are militant fundies, what a fun ride, you can whine and cry all you want 'bout them SOBs, wheeeeeeeeeee

:cuckoo:

Hmm. "Christian bashing" is no more than daring to challenge church policy and practice. "Christian bashing" is pointing out which so-called "Christians" committ evil acts. "Christian bashing" is insisting on separation of church and state.

No one is saying ALL Christians are militant fundies. We are saying that Christians are not excluded from doing harmful acts by virtue of calling themselves the title, "Christian".

Christians who post here, don't "take it" the way Jesus did. They whine continuously about how oppressed they are. Pretty hard to be oppressed when you're the dominant group.

They can call themselves Christians until the crows swim. Fact is, it's a bit hypocritical to identify as such. Seeing as though they go against the bible, and choose to live their immoral life.
Thanks for reminding me of one of my fav. lines in the Bible:

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

:rolleyes: Homosexuals can be Christians. Get over it.

You make my point perfectly. No self-respecting gay or lesbian individual would want to go near YOUR church.

Hmm. "Christian bashing" is no more than daring to challenge church policy and practice. "Christian bashing" is pointing out which so-called "Christians" committ evil acts. "Christian bashing" is insisting on separation of church and state.
No. Christian bashing is hating on Christians and acting like they as a group are generally or even inherently "bad" or throwing out silly stereotypes about them and acting as if they apply across the board (if at all). PS I am not saying you per se. Very general comment.

No one is saying ALL Christians are militant fundies.
OK just "most." Or "lots." Pls let's not get pedantic. And you'd be amazed how many people out there have such a ridiculous mindset - again I am not saying you, I am speaking in very general terms.

Christians who post here, don't "take it" the way Jesus did. They whine continuously about how oppressed they are. Pretty hard to be oppressed when you're the dominant group.
I can't speak to the first parts of this. But yes, one can certainly by "oppressed" (although perhaps "unjustly attacked" or something similar would be more accurate here) despite being the majority.

You make my point perfectly. No self-respecting gay or lesbian individual would want to go near YOUR church.
That's fine........I rarely attend church anyway.

But, would your pledge not to be near my church, equal descrimination and bigotry, seeing as though my church may not buy into the BS?:eusa_whistle:

Hypocritical much?

It's your freedom to attend whatever the fuck you damn well please. Just as much as it is my freedom not to accept your deviance as valid.

No. Christian bashing is hating on Christians and acting like they as a group are generally or even inherently "bad" or throwing out silly stereotypes about them and acting as if they apply across the board (if at all). PS I am not saying you per se. Very general comment.

No one is saying ALL Christians are militant fundies.
OK just "most." Or "lots." Pls let's not get pedantic. And you'd be amazed how many people out there have such a ridiculous mindset - again I am not saying you, I am speaking in very general terms.

I can't speak to the first parts of this. But yes, one can certainly by "oppressed" (although perhaps "unjustly attacked" or something similar would be more accurate here) despite being the majority.

Some Christians EARN their hatred. They behave badly. They make poor representatives of the religion. They do hateful things. It's wrong to see ALL Christians as the same as the ones who act like bozos.

Christians in America are not oppressed. I would say some of them are spoiled. They expect respect before they earn it, just because they are in the majority. I think that's wrong.

There is a movement in this country to make the US a Christian theocracy. That's wrong. The US is not meant to be a theocracy.

Some Christians who post here whine and complain continuously about being "bashed" when ANY Christian person or Church is criticized. I think that's wrong.

Last edited:

I was not aware of the fact that I had to be sin free before I began to follow Christ. Can you tell me how I can achieve this goal as I have been lead to believe that nothing I do can make me sin free. I have been told repeatedly that it is by Grace that I have been saved, through faith -- and this is not from myself -- it is the Gift of God, not by works, so that I do not boast. ;) personalizing Ephesians 2:8-9.

Really, what right do you have to state that anyone, gay or straight, is excluded from the kingdom of God?

My belief is that if God wants their souls that He will provide what they need and nothing we can or will do can change that.

Immie

That's fine........I rarely attend church anyway.

But, would your pledge not to be near my church, equal descrimination and bigotry, seeing as though my church may not buy into the BS?:eusa_whistle:

Hypocritical much?

It's your freedom to attend whatever the fuck you damn well please. Just as much as it is my freedom not to accept your deviance as valid.

I would be more than happy than to stay away from YOUR church and YOUR views. Luckily, not all who call themselves, "christian", think like you.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back