'Jewish Indiana Jones' accused of fabricating stories

Jos

Rookie
Feb 6, 2010
A Jewish charity co-founder who claimed he crisscrossed the globe rescuing Torahs as a "Jewish Indiana Jones" has surrendered to face mail and wire fraud charges after authorities said he duped benefactors by fabricating dramatic stories about sometimes dangerous trips, including to concentration camp sites in Poland and Germany.

Menachem Youlus, who owns the Jewish Bookstore in Wheaton, Maryland, where he lives, was charged in a criminal complaint unsealed in federal court in Manhattan and was released on Wednesday on $100,000 (£61,000) bail.

His attorney, Paul Rooney, said: "We deny this accusation, and anything else we have to say will be said in court."

Court papers said 50-year-old Youlus carried out the fraud from at least 2004 until last year, pocketing hundreds of thousands of dollars through the Save a Torah charity he co-founded in 2004 as a nonprofit organisation. A criminal complaint said he passed off Torahs he bought from US dealers to synagogues and congregations nationwide, sometimes at inflated rates.
'Jewish Indiana Jones' accused of fabricating stories | World news | guardian.co.uk

A Jewish charity co-founder who claimed he crisscrossed the globe rescuing Torahs as a "Jewish Indiana Jones" has surrendered to face mail and wire fraud charges after authorities said he duped benefactors by fabricating dramatic stories about sometimes dangerous trips, including to concentration camp sites in Poland and Germany.

Menachem Youlus, who owns the Jewish Bookstore in Wheaton, Maryland, where he lives, was charged in a criminal complaint unsealed in federal court in Manhattan and was released on Wednesday on $100,000 (£61,000) bail.

His attorney, Paul Rooney, said: "We deny this accusation, and anything else we have to say will be said in court."

Court papers said 50-year-old Youlus carried out the fraud from at least 2004 until last year, pocketing hundreds of thousands of dollars through the Save a Torah charity he co-founded in 2004 as a nonprofit organisation. A criminal complaint said he passed off Torahs he bought from US dealers to synagogues and congregations nationwide, sometimes at inflated rates.
'Jewish Indiana Jones' accused of fabricating stories | World news | guardian.co.uk

What the heck is the matter with you with these transparent anti-Semitic threads....
...why don't you take up a more constructive hobby.

Ever hear of Jews who have benefited all of mankind with breakthroughts in medicine or with wonderful inventions???

BTW, I don't know if I ever mentioned this, but the pic in your avi....that is one of the light switches in my home, as it was originally a church.

It remains the only thing you and I have in common.

Work on it.

• Banned
Ask yourself how you came to perceive, telling a true story in the Religion and Ethics forum about a persons ethics and religion is antisemitic ?
Any exploitation of the Holocaust for crass commercial purposes is appalling. Creating false Holocaust histories for Torah scrolls is despicable. Youlus’ scheme is at least as reprehensible as Binjamin Wilkomirski’s much-acclaimed fake Holocaust memoir, which turned out to be a work of fiction written by a Christian clarinetist named Bruno Dösseker, born Bruno Grosjean in Switzerland, not Latvia.

Far from having been made a pariah, however, Youlus apparently continues to function as a scribe with impunity, and Save a Torah, his 501 (c) 3 tax-exempt organization, shamelessly continues to solicit funds on its Web site. Even worse, some prominent members of the Jewish community actually defend him publicly.

Read more: The Jewish Chronicle - Why is anyone still defending Menachem Youlus
http://thejewishchronicle.net/view/...hy-is-anyone-still-defending-Menachem-Youlus-

do you really have a Jesus Boner light switch?:lol:

Last edited:

What the heck is the matter with you with these transparent anti-Semitic threads....
...why don't you take up a more constructive hobby.

Ever hear of Jews who have benefited all of mankind with breakthroughts in medicine or with wonderful inventions???

BTW, I don't know if I ever mentioned this, but the pic in your avi....that is one of the light switches in my home, as it was originally a church.

It remains the only thing you and I have in common.

Work on it.

WTF? how is it anti-semitic to point out a Jew defrauding people and wtf does that have to do with contributions of other Jews?

• Banned
do you really have a Jesus Boner light switch?

do you really have a Jesus Boner light switch?

I have a light switch that memorializes how God offers protection and guidance to children.

See what I mean about how little we have in common...
...I consider that one of my blessings.

• Banned
Did you steal the "boner" from the church?
You used to perplex me, normally females with a limited attractiveness usually develop an interesting personality, so what happened to you?

Last edited:
Ask yourself how you came to perceive, telling a true story in the Religion and Ethics forum about a persons ethics and religion is antisemitic ?
Any exploitation of the Holocaust for crass commercial purposes is appalling. Creating false Holocaust histories for Torah scrolls is despicable. Youlus’ scheme is at least as reprehensible as Binjamin Wilkomirski’s much-acclaimed fake Holocaust memoir, which turned out to be a work of fiction written by a Christian clarinetist named Bruno Dösseker, born Bruno Grosjean in Switzerland, not Latvia.

Far from having been made a pariah, however, Youlus apparently continues to function as a scribe with impunity, and Save a Torah, his 501 (c) 3 tax-exempt organization, shamelessly continues to solicit funds on its Web site. Even worse, some prominent members of the Jewish community actually defend him publicly.

Read more: The Jewish Chronicle - Why is anyone still defending Menachem Youlus
The Jewish Chronicle - Why is anyone still defending Menachem Youlus

do you really have a Jesus Boner light switch?:lol:

Since you told me to "go take a shower" eg, "go get gassed" once, I'd say she's correct.

Did you steal the "boner" from the church?
You used to perplex me, normally females with a limited attractiveness usually develop an interesting personality, so what happened to you?

Spanish women are hot :) as are almost every women from Mediterranean region.

Forum List

Back