Who the hell wouldn't want to explore space?

тобі зручніше говорити українською?
ПЕТРО
:04::04::04::04:

--------------------------------
I lived in the Ukrainian Soviet Republic, in the city of "Кривой Рог"
therefore I understand the Ukrainian language

11z51e.jpg

When exploring space becomes routine and as safe as taking a commercial flight on a jet plane, I’d love to.

"Exploration" is never routine and safe. That's sort of the point of the word.

Well, I am way overage for such an adventure, but were I young again, I would do it. You are going to die, sometime, somewhere. We all hope to make a positive contribution to the advancement of our species, or at least the sane among us do. And, no matter what the outcome, personally, the exploration of our solar system, and the expansion of mankind to a multi-planet species would be a huge contribution. And, yes, all exploration involves finding new ways to die. One of the names for the Oregon Trail was the 3000 mile long graveyard. And justly so, but two my ancestors walked that trail, and here I am in beautiful Oregon.

We need to establish a permanent presence on the moon first before attempting any of the other spectacular waste of resources and money.

Seriously, landing on mars, europa, io or Titan would be the biggest event of anyones fucking life. It would put you in the goddamn history book and would be truly something to remember for the rest of your life.

It would be far bigger then climbing Everest or anything you could do on this planet
As you can see from the responses there are a lot of really stupid people out there. I love the ones that say we should wait till it is safer to explore space, how exactly does it get safer if we are not exploring now to learn how to make it safer?

Seriously, landing on mars, europa, io or Titan would be the biggest event of anyones fucking life. It would put you in the goddamn history book and would be truly something to remember for the rest of your life.

It would be far bigger then climbing Everest or anything you could do on this planet

Yes, but like all exploration for humanity it always turn into some type of conquest and lives are lost.

So I am for exploring when we are ready...

No "flights into space" will not ...
Forget ...
This is not necessary for Humanity, until we disassemble the "General Theory of Relativity of Einstein" ...
There is no solution to this problem.
---------------------
Therefore, the Americans ...
Watch Hollywood and chew popcorn .. :04:
But, better - learn, learn and learn ...
So said "Grandfather Lenin" ...
He was right !

Sure, go to Mars so humans can destroy the environment?

Don't think so.

I’m there just as soon as I can get someone else to pay for it.

I support Universal Space Travel as a basic human right.

Well we can't have Universal Space Travel rights before we all have Universal health care coverage.

That would be the cart before the horse.

So far, the government has oppressed me by not seeing to it that my right to go to Mars has been denied thus far.

the nearest star is 42 trillion miles away

:04:
Proxima Centauri - Wikipedia
Distance to the nearest star = 4.2 Light years.
1. Astronomers never measure distances in miles or kilometers
2. In Science they never measure:
- distance in miles
- weight in pounds....
In addition, there is no concept in science: an acre, a barrel, and many other names that are used in America.
-------------------------------------------------- ----------
In science there are 3 systems of units.
I like SI systems: meter, kilogram, second
So if you are driving to the nearest star at the speed of light and turn your headlights on, will they do anything?

- distance in miles
- weight in pounds....
In addition, there is no concept in science: an acre, a barrel, and many other names that are used in America.
So if you are driving to the nearest star at the speed of light and turn your headlights on, will they do anything?

That would land you a ticket for wreck less operation of a space vessel I'm afraid.

- distance in miles
- weight in pounds....

That would land you a ticket for wreck less operation of a space vessel I'm afraid.
Good God man, all I'm trying to do is get to Alpha Centauri A.

- distance in miles
- weight in pounds....

Sure, and your wife is pregnant and giving birth on Alpha Centauri A. I've head it all before.......

- distance in miles
- weight in pounds....

Sure, and your wife is pregnant and giving birth on Alpha Centauri A. I've head it all before.......
That's right! Why do have to be such a hard ass? We wanted to give birth on A because the gravity is slightly less than here! Plus, it's been terraformed already by benevolent aliens.

- distance in miles
- weight in pounds....

That's right! Why do have to be such a hard ass? We wanted to give birth on A because the gravity is slightly less than here! Plus, it's been terraformed already by benevolent aliens.

Benevolent aliens? They hide from humans and, in doing so, refuse to pay their fair share of universal health care.

They can't hide forever. We will find them.

obama_telescope_591.jpg

Forum List

Back