Who the hell wouldn't want to explore space?

I agree stepping on Mars would be a bigger thrill than reaching the summit of Everest. But I would take more satisfaction in beating the physical exhaustion throughout the journey up and down the mountain over imagining myself bored on the long way to and especially back from Mars. Heck I'd take driving in a stock car or Indy auto race over space travel.

I'm anxious to get to Mars. I hear they have a lot of red rock. I love red rocks.

I agree stepping on Mars would be a bigger thrill than reaching the summit of Everest. But I would take more satisfaction in beating the physical exhaustion throughout the journey up and down the mountain over imagining myself bored on the long way to and especially back from Mars. Heck I'd take driving in a stock car or Indy auto race over space travel.
I like your avatar ...
Can I copy it to my vault?
:04:

I like your avatar ...
Can I copy it to my vault?
:04:

Not for me to say, for image source google "hayseed" then click on images to get a good copy.

Last edited:
What is the purpose of a lunar space station

And who was the first on the Moon - Americans or Russians?
As in most things space related, it was the USA

We have walked on the moon
Explored every planet
Have rovers on Mars
Sent probes beyond the solar system
Used Hubble to explore the Galaxy

Russians are more concerned with having sex with their sisters

Off you go then.

Just don't force me to pay for your little trip, m'kay?

Not for me to say, for image source google "hayseed" then slick on images to get a good copy.

Thank you, I know how to get a good copy and everything else ...
I will not use your avatar on the forums, nor on Russian, nor American

Now Two Thumbs, if a light year is meaningless and cannot be referanced, then how did you come up with the miles?

Selivan, why do you think that you know enough to say anything like that? I suspect what you know in physics will compare to the physics of a hundred years from now about the same as what a neolithic hunter knew of transistors.
it's called math.

crap, now I have to figure out if I remembered right

A light year is 5,878,625,373,183.6 miles

and it's 4.2 light years away

carry the one

My Dad would probably stop twice to pee, so really really far away.

you can't visualize a light year, you have no concept or point of reference. so the idea of travelling there is absurd.
I always kept the empty beer bottles to pee in while traveling...
My Dad drank coffee so he wouldn't need to pee, like a manly man.

Coffee and beer are natural diuretics.
then explain how my Dad could drink 1/2 a pot of coffee, fill a Heinz ketchup bottle with more coffee, drive from Northern Illinois to Southern Arkansas and not need to stop except for gas.

He must have one huge bladder.
Coffee makes ya piss like a russian race horse.

We need to establish a permanent presence on the moon first before attempting any of the other spectacular waste of resources and money.

Its closer to the Earth and therefore easier to supply and export resources back to earth.
If we can set up a manufacturing base on the moon it will be cheaper to build exploration vehicles. The moon has less gravity than Earth.
Helium 3 maybe the key to Nuclear Fusion, the Moon literally has the stuff just lying around.

We need to establish a permanent presence on the moon first before attempting any of the other spectacular waste of resources and money.

Its closer to the Earth and therefore easier to supply and export resources back to earth. If we can set up a manufacturing base on Mars it will be cheaper to build exploration vehicles. The moon has less gravity than Earth.
Helium 3 maybe the key to Nuclear Fusion, the Moon literally has the stuff just lying around.
Not to mention the pockets of it in space...

I have never been interested in Mars

But I always wanted to see Uranus

Seriously, landing on mars, europa, io or Titan would be the biggest event of anyones fucking life. It would put you in the goddamn history book and would be truly something to remember for the rest of your life.

It would be far bigger then climbing Everest or anything you could do on this planet

Yes, but like all exploration for humanity it always turn into some type of conquest and lives are lost.

So I am for exploring when we are ready...
We are ready when we have the means to do it. And that is right now.

No "flights into space" will not ...
Forget ...
This is not necessary for Humanity, until we disassemble the "General Theory of Relativity of Einstein" ...
There is no solution to this problem.
---------------------
Therefore, the Americans ...
Watch Hollywood and chew popcorn .. :04:
But, better - learn, learn and learn ...
So said "Grandfather Lenin" ...
He was right !
First, the solar system. Then we can worry about interstellar space. By then, we may know more about the physics of this universe than we do today.

OK, I have a totally different viewpoint. I really don't care for the thrill of being on top of a mountain. However, if there is the need for a seismograph on top of that mountain, that it is a different matter. And going to Mars would not be for the thrill of stepping on Mars for me, but for the thrill of studying a geology that did not develop on Earth. And learning the Geological and, possibly, Biological developmental history of another planet.

There are gazillions of resources in the asteroids and outer planets. We need those resources as soon as is feasible. So those that whine about cost are being stupid beyond belief.

Forum List

Back