Who the hell wouldn't want to explore space?

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Seriously, landing on mars, europa, io or Titan would be the biggest event of anyones fucking life. It would put you in the goddamn history book and would be truly something to remember for the rest of your life.

It would be far bigger then climbing Everest or anything you could do on this planet

Last edited:
When exploring space becomes routine and as safe as taking a commercial flight on a jet plane, I’d love to. Right now while we are still figuring it all out, not so much. To high of a probability of something going wrong. I will leave it to someone that has the Right Stuff.

Seriously, landing on mars, europa, io or Titan would be the biggest event of anyones fucking life. It would put you in the goddamn history book and would be truly something to remember for the rest of your life.

It would be far bigger then climbing Everest or anything you could do on this planet

That would depend on whether your life is only about getting people's attention.

First wheelie on Mars? I'm in.

As long NASA is spending billions to send spacecraft to Mars they should at least seed the planet with life and let it evolve. There are microbes that could likely survive on Mars.

As it was proved back in the 70s, that:
The probability of the existence of planets that have conditions for life is very small within a few light years from the Earth.
But even if we find such a planet, it will be a "one-way ticket" ...
Astronauts can not even send a message, good or bad on that planet
Why?
1. Even if you have the opportunity to "make a hole in the space", the time that astronauts will spend is less than 5 minutes.
2. On Earth, it will cost several million years ....

more details here:
Aliens do not exist ...

As it was proved back in the 70s, that:
The probability of the existence of planets that have conditions for life is very small within a few light years from the Earth.
But even if we find such a planet, it will be a "one-way ticket" ...
Astronauts can not even send a message, good or bad on that planet
Why?
1. Even if you have the opportunity to "make a hole in the space", the time that astronauts will spend is less than 5 minutes.
2. On Earth, it will cost several million years ....

more details here:
Aliens do not exist ...
the nearest star is 42 trillion miles away

:04:
Proxima Centauri - Wikipedia
Distance to the nearest star = 4.2 Light years.
1. Astronomers never measure distances in miles or kilometers
2. In Science they never measure:
- distance in miles
- weight in pounds....
In addition, there is no concept in science: an acre, a barrel, and many other names that are used in America.
-------------------------------------------------- ----------
In science there are 3 systems of units.
I like SI systems: meter, kilogram, second

I’m there just as soon as I can get someone else to pay for it.

I support Universal Space Travel as a basic human right.

:04:
Proxima Centauri - Wikipedia
Distance to the nearest star = 4.2 Light years.
1. Astronomers never measure distances in miles or kilometers
2. In Science they never measure:
- distance in miles
- weight in pounds....
In addition, there is no concept in science: an acre, a barrel, and many other names that are used in America.
-------------------------------------------------- ----------
In science there are 3 systems of units.
I like SI systems: meter, kilogram, second
if you do the actual math, as I have, it comes to 42 trillion miles

I may have forgotten the answer, but since 'light years' is meaningless and can't be referenced..

Now Two Thumbs, if a light year is meaningless and cannot be referanced, then how did you come up with the miles?

Selivan, why do you think that you know enough to say anything like that? I suspect what you know in physics will compare to the physics of a hundred years from now about the same as what a neolithic hunter knew of transistors.

Now Two Thumbs, if a light year is meaningless and cannot be referanced, then how did you come up with the miles?

Selivan, why do you think that you know enough to say anything like that? I suspect what you know in physics will compare to the physics of a hundred years from now about the same as what a neolithic hunter knew of transistors.
it's called math.

crap, now I have to figure out if I remembered right

A light year is 5,878,625,373,183.6 miles

and it's 4.2 light years away

carry the one

My Dad would probably stop twice to pee, so really really far away.

you can't visualize a light year, you have no concept or point of reference. so the idea of travelling there is absurd.

it's called math.

carry the one

you can't visualize a light year, you have no concept or point of reference. so the idea of travelling there is absurd.
I always kept the empty beer bottles to pee in while traveling...

it's called math.

carry the one

My Dad drank coffee so he wouldn't need to pee, like a manly man.

it's called math.

carry the one

Coffee doesn't make you need to pee, my Mom would argue that point. I always hated coffee...

As long NASA is spending billions to send spacecraft to Mars they should at least seed the planet with life and let it evolve. There are microbes that could likely survive on Mars.
There's already life on Mars

Me. I have zero interest in leaving this planet. I' Not even a,huge fan of air travel, nevermind strapping my was to the world's largest bottle rocket and having it propel me into a massive void with no oxygen, limited gravity, and no definitive knowledge of what's at the other end of the trip.

Matt, awesome thread bro! 100% agreement

it's called math.

carry the one

Coffee and beer are natural diuretics.

Forum List

Back