Who the fuck is guarding our Embassies?

Did you post in the "Bush knew about 9/11!!" thread? Should I look at what you had to say about Dubya and the PDB?

Amazing... Calm down sparky.

No, see I have enough sense to know that not a single soul could have been prepared for what happened on 9/11.

Fair enough.

I wonder when Synth and Lakota are going to show up in this thread

The host nation is supposed to guarantee the safety of an embassy. To do this they often provide an external screen of security, in some cases more for show than anything else. The country's own security forces are allowed to protect themselves inside the perimeter of the property.The issue becomes, however that a defense's depth is often more important than the "number of rifles," so even a strong internal force might not have the phyiscal space to mount an effective defense, hence the reliance on the host countries outer security perimeter.

Technically the embassy land is not US soil, but is invoidable by the host nation. So basically then cannot enter without permission.

Article 22 of the attached covers the laws concerned.

http://untreaty.un.org/ilc/texts/instruments/english/conventions/9_1_1961.pdf

Technically, we're in fucking Libya, so the USMC should be guarding the people. They can engage the bad guys at will and feel free to engage the Libyan security forces helping the bad guys too

We look like clowns right now, we essentially asked Muslims to guard US Embassy personnel in Tripoli, are we fucking retarded?

We are in THEIR country. The number of host country citizens in any one city alone outnumber an entire embassy staff by 1,000s to 1. And unless EVERY American embassy had a garrison of soldiers stationed there specifically trained to protect the staff and their families, there is NO way that a small number of guards could repel an attack by hundreds of people with arms and explosives. That's just a fact. Deal with it!

Contractors guard some embassies I think.

I heard that the Embassy in Iraq has Contractors providing security but I also found this:

American Embassy Guard Qualifications United States embassies are guided by a special branch of the U.S. Marine Corps called Marine Security Guards. These men work in small teams to guard and defend embassies around the world. They are run by officers who are centrally located according to their region and who do not go to embassies on a day-to-day basis.

Read more: American Embassy Guard Qualifications | eHow.com American Embassy Guard Qualifications | eHow.com

Contractors guard some embassies I think.

I heard that the Embassy in Iraq has Contractors providing security but I also found this:

American Embassy Guard Qualifications United States embassies are guided by a special branch of the U.S. Marine Corps called Marine Security Guards. These men work in small teams to guard and defend embassies around the world. They are run by officers who are centrally located according to their region and who do not go to embassies on a day-to-day basis.

Read more: American Embassy Guard Qualifications | eHow.com American Embassy Guard Qualifications | eHow.com

There's not a chance in Hell that the USMC was guarding the Embassy

Classic liberal name calling. They all but opened the gate. That's not guarding.

Last edited:
Classic liberal name calling. They all but opened the gate. That's not guarding.

Agreed. Sorry for the name calling.

Seems that not only were the USMC not present but the local Macaca Security force helped the attackers locate the Ambassador

I doubt there were any Marines there, all the bad guys would be dead

Yeah, maybe in the movies.

Libyan security guarding our Embassy? good god.

The Lybians weren't guarding anything.

Libyan security is credited with guarding the Embassy you fucking retard

You know, in NYC where lots of other nations have embassies or consular offices (i.e., for the UN), local NY City police DO guard the embassies/consular offices of those other nations. That doesn't mean their own guards don't also guard such facilities.

Forum List

Back