Who the fuck is guarding our Embassies?

How piss poor is security at our Embassy in a shithole like Libya that a "small and savage group" of fucking morons can over run it?

Why don't we have USMC guard at all our Embassies?

American security at embassies around the world is mostly symbolic and cursory. American Marines are not there to use lethal force against a host country's own citizens. REAL security is provided by the host country which is expected to take their own citizens into custody or, in a worst case scenario, repel an attack with lethal force.

How piss poor is security at our Embassy in a shithole like Libya that a "small and savage group" of fucking morons can over run it?

In the Begazi Incident, It appears that we moved the Ambassador because of the threat, and our so called Friends in the new Libyan Government that the Admin is Praising, actually told the Mob where they could find the Ambassador.

This Episode is a glaring Example of the Absolute Failure of Obama's Lead From Behind Foreign Policy, Which I am sure the Libs will promptly blame on Republicans.

American security at embassies around the world is mostly symbolic and cursory. American Marines are not there to use lethal force against a host country's own citizens. REAL security is provided by the host country which is expected to take their own citizens into custody or, in a worst case scenario, repel an attack with lethal force.

You don't really believe that do you?

Well... yesterdays events in Cairo and Libya seal it. President Carter is no longer the worst President in US history, Obama is. Someone tell me how the Marine embassy guards allowed the breaching of the embassy walls. Who gave the order not to shoot? This was an act of war and Obama is on his way to a campaign rally/fund raiser. Any American that still supports this man is putting his or her selfish wants, needs, and Utopian ludacris desires over the real needs for our Nation and it's security. And for that I say shame on you.

I refuse to believe that there were any Marines present in the area. I cannot imagine any circumstances under which this could have happened if in fact the USMC was any where near the area

But that requires an answer from the Administration

In the Begazi Incident, It appears that we moved the Ambassador because of the threat, and our so called Friends in the new Libyan Government that the Admin is Praising, actually told the Mob where they could find the Ambassador.

This Episode is a glaring Example of the Absolute Failure of Obama's Lead From Behind Foreign Policy, Which I am sure the Libs will promptly blame on Republicans.

obama appeasement foreign policy get's one us ambassador killed.

the security of embassies are the responsibility of the host nation

This is correct, in fact, I am almost positive that UN law dictates how embassies are arranged.

It would make sense, that since the actual property is considered our land, the surrounding area should be defended by the host country... Inside the walls, it is our security.

Saying that Obama is at fault just sensationalism, there is no direct proof that he himself somehow reduced the forces at the embassy.

As dumb as it is, the embassy in Libya is now a necessity, since we have invaded their country we have citizens on their soil.

This is correct, in fact, I am almost positive that UN law dictates how embassies are arranged.

It would make sense, that since the actual property is considered our land, the surrounding area should be defended by the host country... Inside the walls, it is our security.

Saying that Obama is at fault just sensationalism, there is no direct proof that he himself somehow reduced the forces at the embassy.

As dumb as it is, the embassy in Libya is now a necessity, since we have invaded their country we have citizens on their soil.

We didn't invade Libya.

I'm just asking the question as to who is guarding the Embassy. I'd like a real answer

WHO was guarding the World Trade Center that 19 little puck ass terrorist brought it down? We have no business being Libya if we have to graud it against terrorists. Al Qaeda strike again and will again.
We have 133 foreign embassies and how much is is costing us?

IRAQ EMBASSY
The embassy compound is by far the largest the world has ever seen, at one and a half square miles, big enough for 94 football fields. It cost three quarters of a billion dollars to build (coming in about $150 million over budget). Inside its high walls, guard towers and machine-gun emplacements lie not just the embassy itself, but more than 20 other buildings, including residential quarters, a gym and swimming pool, commercial facilities, a power station and a water-treatment plant. (cost to employ how many people?)
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/16/us-embassy-iraq-state-department-plan_n_965945.html

Last edited:

We invaded Libya without Congressional approval? Best thing for you to do is shut up, you are hurting obama more than helping.
However do continue.

You don't really believe that do you?

That's the way it is in the real world.

We invaded Libya without Congressional approval? Best thing for you to do is shut up, you are hurting obama more than helping.
However do continue.

I understand your knee jerk reaction..

I should have been more elaborate: when I said "Obama's fault", I meant the supposed reduction of security at the embassy.

Did you post in the "Bush knew about 9/11!!" thread? Should I look at what you had to say about Dubya and the PDB?

However do continue.

I should have been more elaborate: when I said "Obama's fault", I meant the supposed reduction of security at the embassy.

No you were quite clear when you said we invaded Libya, did obama by chance get congressional approval?

Apparently nobody is guarding our embassy. Obama sent a Marine Fast Team....TODAY (a bit late there Bobo). What a failure. I hope this crushes this jackass's "post-convention bump". Actually, it's guranteed to destroy his "bump" in the polls.

We didn't invade Libya.

We invaded their "air space".

WHO was guarding the World Trade Center that 19 little puck ass terrorist brought it down? We have no business being Libya if we have to graud it against terrorists. Al Qaeda strike again and will again.

You stopped making sense right after you wrote the word "who"

Were we supposed to have surface to air missiles on top of WTC and engage and destroy fully loaded US Commercial aircraft?

However do continue.

No you were quite clear when you said we invaded Libya, did obama by chance get congressional approval?

No, and "for the record" I did not approve of that.

The whole thing was a mess.

Apparently nobody is guarding our embassy. Obama sent a Marine Fast Team....TODAY (a bit late there Bobo). What a failure. I hope this crushes this jackass's "post-convention bump". Actually, it's guranteed to destroy his "bump" in the polls.

He should send in 82nd and the 101st

Forum List

Back