Who speaks for the Republican party?

I'm an old White guy.

The current Republican party doesn't appeal to me.

I didn't say they appealed to all old white men, they just seem to only be led by old white men

Old white men freed slaves, wrote Brown vs. Board of Education, Roe v. Wade.

Do you find Barack Obama to be a particularly unifying fellow?

And also jackass, what you wrote is also completely patronizing to black americans as if they had nothing to do with offsetting one of the worst crimes ever committed on a group of people in the history of the world. And you wonder why the Republican Party is associated with being racist jackass

Fuck off. You people kicked the first black justice to the curb over his politics.

I got nothing to defend to you.

I didn't say they appealed to all old white men, they just seem to only be led by old white men

And also jackass, what you wrote is also completely patronizing to black americans as if they had nothing to do with offsetting one of the worst crimes ever committed on a group of people in the history of the world. And you wonder why the Republican Party is associated with being racist jackass

The Republican Party is the party that insisted slaves be freed.

We are associated with being racist NOW because a bunch of fucking corrupt racist Dems from the south migrated to our party. It wasn't until then we became associated with racism, and the purpose was to deflect blame from the DEMOCRATIC PARTY.

It was actually a brilliant move.

I always interpreted that Mark Twain quote as meaning that Democrats, being the "party of the people" doesn't isolate itself with a signed, sealed, and delivered message. We're too diverse.

I agree that the right wing noise machine dictates how non-democrats should believe and behave. It seems like every time any Republican (or libertarian for that matter) in a high profile position comes out with even a whisper of cooperation with some Democratic proposal, s/he gets smacked down within hours by the loudmouths who keep the drumbeat going until the next one. In the meantime, any "message" gets lost amid the din. There's no greater proof of that than the posts seen on this board.

What libertarian is in a high profile position, other than Ron Paul? And he doesn't get "smacked down" by anyone, he simply votes his conscience.

Ya think? What do you call this smackdown by da man Rush himself:

Ron Paul Doesn't Have a Snowball's Chance

There are several libertarian-republicans. They obviously don't designate Libertarian as their party, because they wouldn't get the campaign donations needed to get them elected. I think the Governor of North Carolina (who might be a 2012 candidate) is considered a libertarian.

There's also a more recent show where Rush says he respects Ron Paul, and as far as "smackdowns" go that was pretty tame. He simply spoke the truth, that Ron Paul really didn't have a chance at winning the Republican nomination.

It's the governor of South Carolina you're thinking of, Mark Sanford. I personally wouldn't consider him a libertarian, more of a conservative with some libertarian leanings.

I'm an old White guy.

The current Republican party doesn't appeal to me.

They also had slaves for hundreds of years, didn't allow women to vote for hundreds of years, and did other really shitty, terrible stuff.

Yes, actually, Obama is unifying. Of course he can't unify the batshit crazy rightwing nutters, but then they wouldn't follow anyone who wasn't an extreme rightwinger themselves.

The Republican Party is the party that insisted slaves be freed.

We are associated with being racist NOW because a bunch of fucking corrupt racist Dems from the south migrated to our party. It wasn't until then we became associated with racism, and the purpose was to deflect blame from the DEMOCRATIC PARTY.

It was actually a brilliant move.

Unfortunately you've changed over the past 150 years. You decided to pander to racist southern white folks. Thats your own damn fault.

Fuck off. You people kicked the first black justice to the curb over his politics.

The first black justice was THURGOOD MARSHALL you fucking moron, not Clarence Thomas. :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2: for proving how your opinion has zero credibility

The first black justice was THURGOOD MARSHALL you fucking moron, not Clarence Thomas. :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2: for proving how your opinion has zero credibility

Okay, so you attempted to kick the second black supreme court justice to the curb.

Thats because he was a fucking moron who has been accused of sexually assaulting people. Or should we have just let him in because he was black?

Okay, so you attempted to kick the second black supreme court justice to the curb.

I didn't attempt anything, an no I don't like Thomas but there is a HUGE difference between Thomas and Marshall and screwing up which came first isn't just a moronic as the number 1 vs 2.

Thats like screwing up James Madison and James Monroe and saying no big deal cause one was 4th and one was 5th

They also had slaves for hundreds of years, didn't allow women to vote for hundreds of years, and did other really shitty, terrible stuff.

Just like the Muslims of today!

Thats because he was a fucking moron who has been accused of sexually assaulting people. Or should we have just let him in because he was black?

"Accused".

Hey, wasn't Clinton "accused"? WTH didn't you kick him to the curb???

Oh, that's right..because he's a WHITE GUY.

"Accused".

Hey, wasn't Clinton "accused"? WTH didn't you kick him to the curb???

Oh, that's right..because he's a WHITE GUY.

Clinton was already president. Thomas was in the process of being confirmed.

Forum List

Back