Who speaks for the Republican party?

This is utter nonsense. How can one person speak for an entire party? Who speaks for the Democratic Party? Obama? I'm sure there are plenty of Democrats that would say Obama doesn't represent them.

nonsense? repubs had a unified "message" since Reagan... democrats have never had one voice (the whole "I don't belong to any organized political party... i'm a democrat" thing...and we've always eaten our own.

the repubs have no voice because the rightwingnuts want to force out the sane people and they're battling for control. personally, i'd prefer the colin powell school beat out the rush wingnut school...they're smarter on that side of the divide.

The Republicans don't lack a message they lack an audience. Nobody really cares what they have to say because they haven't forgotten Bush, so now the American people are letting the Democrats have their turn to see if they do any better. But as I said, all this focus on "Who's the supposed leader of the Republican Party?" is nonsense. There is no one person that speaks for all Republicans.

I disagree. The Republicans have an audience--themselves!!

yes, we need to take the advice of Democrats about who we should look to for leadership.

BTW, I wasn't aware that anyone spoke for the Republican Party, per se.

Does one person speak for the Democrats? Who is it? I'll bet you don't know, idiots....

Nobody needs to speak for the Republicans. Parties don't traditionally have ONE PERSON to speak for them.

Does one person speak for the Democrats? Who is it? I'll bet you don't know, idiots....
Let me guess--you are a hardcore Conservative Republican.

Believe it is a political joke that people are asking "who speaks for the GOP?"(I think it is. )

A little tender at the prospects of entertaining an unversal conservative Leader to lead the GOP out of exile and into the hearts of the citizenry?

Why so angry? Did not John Kerry "sacrificial campaign" do it for the Democrats? Was not Howard Dean's enigmatic yell enough to hypnotize the nation several years ago. Did not Obama's promise of hope and change and the subsequent waiting keep the country begging for more of nothing? Like the Democrats, the Republicans have many leaders. The problem they face is how do they learn to work together in order to win back the nation?

Seems the dems had an identity crisis around 2004. good thing they never overcame it. Oh wait, they did.

There was no identity crisis. Dems lost midterms because they were still being identified a' la Bill Clinton's sexual crisis. Call it a "cleansing." Plus the Iraq War had only just begun and everyone was rah rah rah, let's get the ragheads for 911. The various blocs within the Democratic Party have never been fractured as bad as the Republicans have this time. In fact, I think this is a "first" for Republicans. Something to think about. Why?

2004 was a midterm election? :lol:
bill clinton's sexual crisis was why kerry lost in the "midterms"? that's a new one.

the repubs were far more fractured in both 1964 and 1976; it's hardly a first.

Ohhhhhhhh, my bad. Bring on your wet noodles. I sometimes make typos too. Actually it WAS "midterm" for Bush.

Happy? You won one, for once.
:lol:

nonsense? repubs had a unified "message" since Reagan... democrats have never had one voice (the whole "I don't belong to any organized political party... i'm a democrat" thing...and we've always eaten our own.

the repubs have no voice because the rightwingnuts want to force out the sane people and they're battling for control. personally, i'd prefer the colin powell school beat out the rush wingnut school...they're smarter on that side of the divide.

I always interpreted that Mark Twain quote as meaning that Democrats, being the "party of the people" doesn't isolate itself with a signed, sealed, and delivered message. We're too diverse.

I agree that the right wing noise machine dictates how non-democrats should believe and behave. It seems like every time any Republican (or libertarian for that matter) in a high profile position comes out with even a whisper of cooperation with some Democratic proposal, s/he gets smacked down within hours by the loudmouths who keep the drumbeat going until the next one. In the meantime, any "message" gets lost amid the din. There's no greater proof of that than the posts seen on this board.

will rogers would like a word with you.:lol:

Aye, I'd love to have a chat with him too. A man of the people, a Democrat.

Let me guess--you are a hardcore Conservative Republican.

Believe it is a political joke that people are asking "who speaks for the GOP?"(I think it is. )

A little tender at the prospects of entertaining an unversal conservative Leader to lead the GOP out of exile and into the hearts of the citizenry?

Why so angry? Did not John Kerry "sacrificial campaign" do it for the Democrats? Was not Howard Dean's enigmatic yell enough to hypnotize the nation several years ago. Did not Obama's promise of hope and change and the subsequent waiting keep the country begging for more of nothing? Like the Democrats, the Republicans have many leaders. The problem they face is how do they learn to work together in order to win back the nation?

I think it's a joke as well, one of many. Another reason to ignore polls.

I always interpreted that Mark Twain quote as meaning that Democrats, being the "party of the people" doesn't isolate itself with a signed, sealed, and delivered message. We're too diverse.

I agree that the right wing noise machine dictates how non-democrats should believe and behave. It seems like every time any Republican (or libertarian for that matter) in a high profile position comes out with even a whisper of cooperation with some Democratic proposal, s/he gets smacked down within hours by the loudmouths who keep the drumbeat going until the next one. In the meantime, any "message" gets lost amid the din. There's no greater proof of that than the posts seen on this board.

What libertarian is in a high profile position, other than Ron Paul? And he doesn't get "smacked down" by anyone, he simply votes his conscience.

Ya think? What do you call this smackdown by da man Rush himself:

Ron Paul Doesn't Have a Snowball's Chance

There are several libertarian-republicans. They obviously don't designate Libertarian as their party, because they wouldn't get the campaign donations needed to get them elected. I think the Governor of North Carolina (who might be a 2012 candidate) is considered a libertarian.

Nobody needs to speak for the Republicans. Parties don't traditionally have ONE PERSON to speak for them.

The term "who speaks for" is a generalization. It would be more clear if the question were "Which person do Republicans listen most to?" Better?

As I was reading this article the answer to "why nobody knows who the leader of the GOP" is actually right in front of you in the picture. What does that picture contain unanimously? Old, Fat, White guys. Thats all they offer and its caught up to them in a progressively diverse country with also women out numbering men. Then, wehn they bring some women on stage they bring complete morons like Palin and Bachmann hoping they can hang with the likes of Clinton and Sebelius:razz: And then to show diversity, they bring in Jindal who has as much speaking ability as Bush. Why not push Pawlenty, at least he's young. Face it GOP, this country has changed and will continue to become a younger, diverse country and they need to get rid of all the old white guys. Their time is up(thank God)

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Poll: Majority unsure who speaks for the GOP « - Blogs from CNN.com

As I was reading this article the answer to "why nobody knows who the leader of the GOP" is actually right in front of you in the picture. What does that picture contain unanimously? Old, Fat, White guys. Thats all they offer and its caught up to them in a progressively diverse country with also women out numbering men. Then, wehn they bring some women on stage they bring complete morons like Palin and Bachmann hoping they can hang with the likes of Clinton and Sebelius:razz: And then to show diversity, they bring in Jindal who has as much speaking ability as Bush. Why not push Pawlenty, at least he's young. Face it GOP, this country has changed and will continue to become a younger, diverse country and they need to get rid of all the old white guys. Their time is up(thank God)

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Poll: Majority unsure who speaks for the GOP « - Blogs from CNN.com

You are an ignorant one.:cuckoo:

Wow, very intelligent response with absolutely no opposition opinion laced with any factual data at all. Good job, makes perfect sense why you voted for Bush twice:clap2:

Wow, very intelligent response with absolutely no opposition opinion laced with any factual data at all. Good job, makes perfect sense why you voted for Bush twice:clap2:

Blogs from CNN????? You are an ignorant one.:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Forum List

Back