Who says Obama wasn't elected because he is "black"???

Discussion in 'Politics' started by healthmyths, Sep 15, 2012.

1. healthmyths

healthmyths Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,850
    "Samuel L. Jackson's 'I Voted for Barack Because He Was Black' a 'Surprising Confession'

He contended that Obama's message wasn't important, since he believes most politicians will say anything to get elected.

The following sentence suggests the former: "However, not everyone in the community thinks race is enough of a reason to vote for Obama."

Not everyone in the community thinks race is enough of a reason to vote for Obama.

Interesting comment given how liberal media outlets like the Huffington Post have been telling people for over three years that any white person that didn't vote for Obama in 2008 was racist.

Doesn't that therefore make Jackson a racist?

HuffPo: Samuel L. Jackson's 'I Voted for Barack Because He Was Black' a 'Surprising Confession' | NewsBusters.org

At least Jackson is honest!
    How many whites also voted for Obama just because THEY didn't want to think by NOT voting for Obama they were racists?

If Jackson is representative of voters that voted for Obama because of skin color ... Today with Obama's track record..
    maybe some of those people NOW realize it is MORE then skin color to consider!!!

2. tyroneweaver

tyroneweaver Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,860
    where's that idot jackson been. Bernakie runs the country now anyway.

3. RosieS

RosieS Partisan Courtesan Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +747
    I voted for Obama's white half.

Regards from Rosie

4. Ernie S.

Ernie S. Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,433
    Consider if fate had conspired to put Stanley Ann Dunham with a white man named barack obama. We would never have heard of her son who would likely be an assistant manager at McDonald's in Honolulu.
    The only thing special about this President is, as joe biden put it, "I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy," Biden said. "I mean, that's a storybook, man."

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. NYcarbineer

NYcarbineer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,189
    How many people didn't vote for Obama because he's black?

It's good old fashioned racism to believe that Obama only won because he's black. It's a way of saying, well,

a black man couldn't win a presidential election on his own merits; there must have been some strange reverse racism phenomenon occurring, because, you know,

black people aren't presidential material...

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  6. healthmyths

healthmyths Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,850
    There are and have been qualified (operative word "qualified") black people I've actually donated money to their campaign.. Name "Herman Cain" mean anything??
    I also supported Michael Steele GOP head (Democrats NEVER have had a black DNC head by the way..).
    Today Allen West is be called an "Uncle Tom" by people like YOU which is so RACIST!

It is good OLD fashion Hyperbolism, hysteria to make that cliched jump "ONLY way he won was because he's black" !

It is a FACT though Obama's ONLY reason to vote for him was he was black because he:
    1) Never had ANY executive position.
    2) He obviously doesn't know that businesses not only match employee payroll taxes BUT pay taxes if there are profits because he wants to destroy businesses!

Just an aside.. do you know that employers match i.e. employees pay SS/Medicare and employers pay for each employee matching amounts??
    Are you aware of that when you castigate businesses as evil profiteers???

7. Leweman

Leweman Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +737
    Plenty of people say it... nobody believes it.

8. Ernie S.

Ernie S. Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,433
    I'd lay odds that more people voted for him than against him because he is black. Of course a black man could win the Presidency on his own merits. What we are trying to point out, however, is barack obama's lack of any merit other than his complexion.
    I've voted for Allen West twice, I supported Herman Cain and wanted Romney to choose Condi Rice as his running mate. I most definitely did not vote against obama because he is black.

9. LadyGunSlinger

LadyGunSlinger Conservative Babe Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,196
    It's racist to vote based upon skin color.. THAT'S TRUE RACISM. Liberalism the face of racism.. it's like the dude who accuses his girl of cheating when he was the one who was cheating.. Happens all the time.

10. LordBrownTrout

LordBrownTrout Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,352
    Has nothing to do with skin color although I was accused of being racist for not voting for him. It went like this: So you didnt vote for O. You're racist? Unbelievable. This happened last night while having dinner in a small town in Colorado.