Who played the role of "The Joker", in The batman Movies, best?

Who played the role of "The Joker", in the Batman Movies, the best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nicholson would have been a better Penguin, as fat as he was.

Heath Ledger, by far!

I do not think that there will be anyone that will be able to play the role of "The Joker" better then Heath Ledger"!
cesar-romero-as-the-original-joker.gif

You forgot him, how DARE you!

Heath Ledger, by far!

I do not think that there will be anyone that will be able to play the role of "The Joker" better then Heath Ledger"!

Romero played him as a cartoon character,and for laughs.

Great job, for as old as he was, but...

not a joker
He played the joker onscreen in 1966

I know, I watched it faithfully on Wednesday and Thursday nights.

But he played it as a cartoon character, not a villain

Heath Ledger, by far!

Romero played him as a cartoon character,and for laughs.

Great job, for as old as he was, but...

not a joker
He played the joker onscreen in 1966

I know, I watched it faithfully on Wednesday and Thursday nights.

But he played it as a cartoon character, not a villain
Same Bat Time, Same Bat Channel

Too different to say one is better.

Nicholson was the ideal comic book psycho Joker. Perfect.

Ledger played it over-the-top demented. Very different, but equally effective.

Admittedly I have not seen Leto's version.

Nicholson was great, but Ledger was just fucking mind-blowing.

A pretty interesting back-story to all this: When informed that Ledger had died, Nicholson cryptically said "I warned him" about the Joker role.

Jack Nicholson warned Heath Ledger on 'Joker' role

Ledger recently told reporters he "slept an average of two hours a night" while playing "a psychopathic, mass-murdering, schizophrenic clown with zero empathy ... "I couldn't stop thinking. My body was exhausted, and my mind was still going."

Never saw the movie, just the ads and a couple of outtakes, so I'm going with Nicholson. He's never bad in anything I've seen him in, even the ones with crappy writing and directing. Never saw the other two that I can remember, though I've probably seen as many of their outtakes as Jack's, and I can distinctly remember Jack's, which tells me he was the best.

Not only was Heath Ledger the best Joker he is in the top five of the best performances by an actor in any movie at any time in history.

Ledger was not the most faithful to the comics, but his was by far the best performance. His take on the Joker was amazing, easily the best acting performance from a comic book hero movie.

Cesar Romero
I did have Romero on my list, I didn't think to many people would of known that he played the joker in 1966. I could be wrong.

The old TV series sucked, frankly; nearly all of them did. They got watched a lot because most places had maybe three channels and there was not a lot of choices. For us it was The Mike Douglas Show, a soap opera, game shows, or the cheesy half hour kid show crap, like Batman, or Leave It To Beaver, ad nauseam. They were only ''great'' because the other fare was even worse.

The only shows I miss are the 'Variety' shows; you got to see new acts, bands, etc., all the time. Some got popular and famous, most faded away. Today, shows like 'The Voice', America's Got Talent, etc. have revived those, only with modified formats, turning them into 'game show' type deals.

Last edited:
Ledger was the fucking man! I heard him getting in that character almost drove him mad lol..
Jack was good considering the time. And of course he plays an excellent psychopath. That Batman was also my favorite. I thought Keaton was the best Batman.
Leto sucked balls. That character he tried to portray sucked balls.

Ben Affleck was the worst Batman ever. Right behind him was that Christian guy that played in American psycho

Ben Affleck was the worst Batman ever. Right behind him was that Christian guy that played in American psycho

Did you not see Batman and Robin, or Batman Forever? Clooney and, particularly, Kilmer were terrible as Batman. Much worse than Affleck or Bale.
To each their own
i did but those were terrible. Their voices made me want to superman punch them to planet krypton

Forum List

Back