Who, other than a man, ever put voice to the will of God?

GreatestIam

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2012

We are told that we will be judged at the end of our lives. Judged by a God who will torture us forever in hell if we happen to not believe properly and follow his rules. This judgement will come even as we never get full disclosure by a God who hides from us. We are as some say, to choose heaven or hell, God or Satan, without having full knowledge of the conditions.

We are to believe that bible God is our real God yet that God is arguably a genocidal son murdering God. He is more akin to Satan than what any moral God would be.

All that we have in the way of information has been written by men.

Who other than a man ever put voice to the will of God?

For peace and stability, within religions, and possibly the world, a new man must be found to represent God within the various religions. Let us thank God that man has forsaken the Christian God as a lawmaker and ignore his barbaric laws.

That being the case as all believers have ignored or scrapped the Abrahamic bible God’s laws, since they do not live by them, should believers not elect a new God as scriptures indicate is supposed to happen at end times?

God was a human invention to begin with.

Should we not seek a new modern God who does not have the evil baggage that the current God has?

Our laws are certainly better than any God’s so it seems to me that we should elect a new God based on current law and not the draconian immoral laws of the old Gods. God has always been represented by a man. We should return to that system while recognizing that God has always been a myth.

Regards
DL

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M114bK4qaiM&feature=related]Take your god and shove him - YouTube[/ame]

TurpisHaereticus's Channel - YouTube

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9FKn4rKXEY&feature=related]Satan and God: who is the good guy? - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKg4HLsu5gE&feature=related]Is Satan a Catholic? - YouTube[/ame]

A fiery hell is a man made invention it is not in the bible. Those that are righteous and those that have not had the opportunity to learn of God will be resurrected those that are righteous to a perfect body to live for all time on a restored Earth in God's Kingdom. Those that never learned of God will be taught and if they are righteous will also be there.

Everyone else will just be dead.

God spoke directly to Moses and I believe several others in the Old Testament.

We are told that we will be judged at the end of our lives. Judged by a God who will torture us forever in hell if we happen to not believe properly and follow his rules. This judgement will come even as we never get full disclosure by a God who hides from us. We are as some say, to choose heaven or hell, God or Satan, without having full knowledge of the conditions.

We are to believe that bible God is our real God yet that God is arguably a genocidal son murdering God. He is more akin to Satan than what any moral God would be.

All that we have in the way of information has been written by men.

Who other than a man ever put voice to the will of God?

For peace and stability, within religions, and possibly the world, a new man must be found to represent God within the various religions. Let us thank God that man has forsaken the Christian God as a lawmaker and ignore his barbaric laws.

That being the case as all believers have ignored or scrapped the Abrahamic bible God’s laws, since they do not live by them, should believers not elect a new God as scriptures indicate is supposed to happen at end times?

God was a human invention to begin with.

Should we not seek a new modern God who does not have the evil baggage that the current God has?

Our laws are certainly better than any God’s so it seems to me that we should elect a new God based on current law and not the draconian immoral laws of the old Gods. God has always been represented by a man. We should return to that system while recognizing that God has always been a myth.

Regards
DL

Take your god and shove him - YouTube

TurpisHaereticus's Channel - YouTube

Satan and God: who is the good guy? - YouTube

Is Satan a Catholic? - YouTube

Sometimes, we need to back ourselves up a little bit and ask ourselves questions. For example - how do we know or define what is evil or not?

What is the definition of evil?

e·vil   [ee-vuhl] Show IPA
adjective
morally wrong or bad; immoral; wicked: evil deeds; an evil life.
harmful; injurious: evil laws.
characterized or accompanied by misfortune or suffering; unfortunate; disastrous: to be fallen on evil days.
due to actual or imputed bad conduct or character: an evil reputation.
marked by anger, irritability, irascibility, etc.: He is known for his evil disposition.

What is the definition of evil? <-- link

Question: "What is the definition of evil?"...

The existence of evil has been used as a weapon by opponents of theism-and Christian theism in particular-for some time. The so called “problem of evil” has been the subject of various arguments by atheists in an attempt to demonstrate that a God who is good simply cannot exist. By implying that God must be the creator of evil, God’s holy character has been called into question. There have been many arguments used to indict God as the cause of evil. Here is one of them:

1) God is the creator of everything that exists.
2) Evil exists.
3) Therefore, God is the creator of evil.

The logic of this syllogism is sound. The conclusion follows logically from the premises. But does this syllogism demonstrate that God is the creator of evil? The problem with this argument is its second premise, that evil is something. For evil is not a thing; it is a lack or privation of a good thing that God made. As Christian philosopher J.P. Moreland has noted, “Evil is a lack of goodness. It is goodness spoiled. You can have good without evil, but you cannot have evil without good.”

Goodness has existed as an attribute of God from all eternity. While God is perfectly holy and just, He is also perfectly good. Just as God has always existed, so too has goodness as it is a facet of God’s holy character. The same cannot be said for evil. Evil came into being with the rebellion of Satan and subsequently entered the physical universe with the fall of Adam. As Christian apologist Greg Koukl has said, “Human freedom was used in such a way as to diminish goodness in the world, and that diminution, that lack of goodness, that is what we call evil.” When God created Adam, He created him good, and He also created him free.

However, in creating Adam free, God indirectly created the possibility of evil, while not creating evil itself. When Adam chose to disobey God, he made this possibility a reality. The same scenario had previously played out when Satan fell by failing to serve and obey God. So it turns out that evil is not a direct creation of God; rather, evil is the result of persons (both angelic and human) exercising their freedom wrongly.

While evil is certainly real, it is important to recognize that evil does not have existence in and of itself. Rather, it only exists as a privation (or a parasite) on the good. It exists in the same way that a wound exists on an arm or as rust exists on a car. The rust cannot exist on its own any more than cold can exist without the existence of heat or darkness can exist without the existence of light.

Despite the horrible effects of evil on our world, the Christian believer can take comfort in the words of the Lord Jesus Christ recorded for us in the Gospel of John, “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world” (John 16:33). More importantly, we look forward with great anticipation to our home in heaven where the ultimate evil, death, will finally be destroyed along with the “mourning, crying and pain” which it inevitably produces (Revelation 21:4).

A fiery hell is a man made invention it is not in the bible. Those that are righteous and those that have not had the opportunity to learn of God will be resurrected those that are righteous to a perfect body to live for all time on a restored Earth in God's Kingdom. Those that never learned of God will be taught and if they are righteous will also be there.

That is a hell of a thing to do for a God who loves us.

Do you not find it strange that you believe in a real Moses when the Jews, to me the authoritative interpretation of their own book, do not believe him to be real but only an archetype?

Who should I believe, Jews or Christians?

Regards
DL

There's all kinds of different religions around the world, not just Christianity or Judaism. Some say the Bible, Koran, Torah and all others are the word of God written by man under His guidance. Some say those books and all others are man's interpretation of what God thinks or would say in their opinion.

Bottom line - go with your gut, listen to your conscience. It's ultimately your decision, don't listen to anybody else.

Do you not find it strange that you believe in a real Moses when the Jews, to me the authoritative interpretation of their own book, do not believe him to be real but only an archetype?

Regards
DL

You'd be better off going with the Jews than the Christians.

1. Yeshua (Jesus) was a Jewish man, and was in Jerusalem for the Passover. The Romans (after they sacked Jerusalem) then had copies made of the Torah which they took back to Rome with them (translated into Greek). They then mixed certain elements of Paganism in with what they got from the Jews so that they could get the rest of the Roman Empire to adopt the new religion.

Easter doesn't have as much to do with the Resurrection as it does with a solstice celebration (which explains all the fertility symbols in eggs and rabbits) as well as the Sunrise Service.

Same with Christmas, it's also a solstice observance.

Besides, there are many mistranslations that came with it as well. The Commandment that everyone thinks says "Thou shalt not kill" is a mistranslation, the original Hebrew states that "Thou shalt not MURDER".

Besides..........the Torah has remained unchanged for over 3,000 years. The Bible hasn't.

Was there something you wanted to discuss?

Regards
DL

I thought we were...?

You're claiming that God isn't real, that "we" as people have made Him up, correct?
The above is part of my reply/discussion.

Not really on the topic but what the hell.

Christians are always trying to absolve God of moral culpability in the fall by whipping out their favorite "free will!", or “ it’s all man’s fault”.

That is "God gave us free will and it was our free willed choices that caused our fall. Hence God is not blameworthy."

But this simply avoids God's culpability as the author of Human Nature. Free will is only the ability to choose. It is not an explanation why anyone would want to choose "A" or "B" (bad or good action). An explanation for why Eve would even have the nature of "being vulnerable to being easily swayed by a serpent" and "desiring to eat a forbidden fruit" must lie in the nature God gave Eve in the first place. Hence God is culpable for deliberately making humans with a nature-inclined-to-fall, and "free will" means nothing as a response to this problem.

Having said the above for the God that I do not believe in, I am a Gnostic Christian naturalist, let me tell you that it is all human generated. Evil is our responsibility.

Much has been written to explain what I see as a natural part of evolution.

Consider.
First, let us eliminate what some see as evil. Natural disasters. These are unthinking occurrences and are neither good nor evil. There is no intent to do evil even as victims are created.

Evil then is only human to human.
As evolving creatures, all we ever do, and ever can do, is compete or cooperate.
Cooperation we would see as good as there are no victims created. Competition would be seen as evil as it creates a victim. We all are either cooperating, doing good, or competing, doing evil at all times.

Without us doing some of both, we would likely go extinct.

This, to me, explains why there is evil in the world quite well.

Be you a believer in nature, evolution or God, we should see that what Christians see as something to blame, we should see that what we have, deserves a huge thanks where it belongs. God or nature.

There is no conflict between nature and God on this issue. This is how things are and should be.

Regards
DL

There's all kinds of different religions around the world, not just Christianity or Judaism. Some say the Bible, Koran, Torah and all others are the word of God written by man under His guidance. Some say those books and all others are man's interpretation of what God thinks or would say in their opinion.

Bottom line - go with your gut, listen to your conscience. It's ultimately your decision, don't listen to anybody else.

Rather Gnostic and brighter than most Christian thought.

Jesus did say that the law was written on our hearts.

As we are the temple of God, Jesus again, God or access to him is within all of us and all that has been written should be taken with a grain of thought and doubt.

If not, you end up like believers here who believe in talking animals and worship a genocidal God who had his own son murdered when there was no need to.

That is insane.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

You'd be better off going with the Jews than the Christians.

1. Yeshua (Jesus) was a Jewish man, and was in Jerusalem for the Passover. The Romans (after they sacked Jerusalem) then had copies made of the Torah which they took back to Rome with them (translated into Greek). They then mixed certain elements of Paganism in with what they got from the Jews so that they could get the rest of the Roman Empire to adopt the new religion.

Easter doesn't have as much to do with the Resurrection as it does with a solstice celebration (which explains all the fertility symbols in eggs and rabbits) as well as the Sunrise Service.

Same with Christmas, it's also a solstice observance.

Besides, there are many mistranslations that came with it as well. The Commandment that everyone thinks says "Thou shalt not kill" is a mistranslation, the original Hebrew states that "Thou shalt not MURDER".

Besides..........the Torah has remained unchanged for over 3,000 years. The Bible hasn't.

Well put.

Christianity is not likely to reverse its original reversal of the Jewish interpretation.

It would have to scrap the original sin, an unjust guilt producing farce, and give woman back her rightful place beside man instead of where they put her by blaming the fall on her, behind man.

Honesty is NOT something Christianity is known for.

Regards
DL

I thought we were...?

You're claiming that God isn't real, that "we" as people have made Him up, correct?
The above is part of my reply/discussion.

Not really on the topic but what the hell.

Christians are always trying to absolve God of moral culpability in the fall by whipping out their favorite "free will!", or “ it’s all man’s fault”.

That is "God gave us free will and it was our free willed choices that caused our fall. Hence God is not blameworthy."

But this simply avoids God's culpability as the author of Human Nature. Free will is only the ability to choose. It is not an explanation why anyone would want to choose "A" or "B" (bad or good action). An explanation for why Eve would even have the nature of "being vulnerable to being easily swayed by a serpent" and "desiring to eat a forbidden fruit" must lie in the nature God gave Eve in the first place. Hence God is culpable for deliberately making humans with a nature-inclined-to-fall, and "free will" means nothing as a response to this problem.

Having said the above for the God that I do not believe in, I am a Gnostic Christian naturalist, let me tell you that it is all human generated. Evil is our responsibility.

Much has been written to explain what I see as a natural part of evolution.

Consider.
First, let us eliminate what some see as evil. Natural disasters. These are unthinking occurrences and are neither good nor evil. There is no intent to do evil even as victims are created.

Evil then is only human to human.
As evolving creatures, all we ever do, and ever can do, is compete or cooperate.
Cooperation we would see as good as there are no victims created. Competition would be seen as evil as it creates a victim. We all are either cooperating, doing good, or competing, doing evil at all times.

Without us doing some of both, we would likely go extinct.

This, to me, explains why there is evil in the world quite well.

Be you a believer in nature, evolution or God, we should see that what Christians see as something to blame, we should see that what we have, deserves a huge thanks where it belongs. God or nature.

There is no conflict between nature and God on this issue. This is how things are and should be.

Regards
DL

How are my replies not on topic? Let's backtrack to your OP. You said a few things there, including:

"We are to believe that bible God is our real God yet that God is arguably a genocidal son murdering God. He is more akin to Satan than what any moral God would be."

"God was a human invention to begin with."

My reply was aimed at digging deeper into the subject(s). You referred to "bible" God, and compared Him to Satan; even liking Him to Satan. Yet how do you know who Satan is if not by the Word of God showing us who he is?

Or perhaps I should ask - may I please ask what a Gnostic Christian naturalist believes?

Rather Gnostic and brighter than most Christian thought.

Jesus did say that the law was written on our hearts.

As we are the temple of God, Jesus again, God or access to him is within all of us and all that has been written should be taken with a grain of thought and doubt.

If not, you end up like believers here who believe in talking animals and worship a genocidal God who had his own son murdered when there was no need to.

That is insane.

Regards
DL

God didn't have his son murdered. God and his son carried out a plan to redeem His other children, from Satan. Jesus was co-author of the plan. When Christ said, "it is finished", he wasn't referring to his life here on Earth. He was referring to the plan of redemption.

And, there aren't alot of rules to follow. < (you must be thinking of our government.)
There are 11 rules we are asked to obey. His yolk is light.

And, the "judgment" God hands out to His children, has nothing to do with sin. There is no sin in Heaven, so if you are in Heaven, you are sin free. The judgment concerns the good works you have done on Earth. If they<good works, were done for Christ's sake, they survive and your reward will be doled out accordingly, If they were done for self gratification, then self gratification WAS your reward.

Forum List

Back