Zone1 Who or What is God according to the Bible?

Ha ha….
So the Bible just makes up shit ?
Do you think that Ancestry.com makes up shit?
Do you think they consult with the Learned Elders of Zion before they deem someone a Jew genetically?

It is interesting that all Christian sects that believe in the Bible do not agree on all aspects of who or what God is. In your particular Christian sect, who and what do you believe God is according to the Bible and what scriptural evidence do you have to back up your belief? In The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints we believe that God the Father is an exalted man. In Luke chapter 24 we learn that the resurrected immortal Christ has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as mankind has and is able to eat and be touched by his disciples.

Luke 24:36-43
36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.
41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?
42 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.
43 And he took it, and did eat before them.

From this we know that Jesus, who is part of the godhead, has an immortal resurrected body of flesh and bones. Thus a part of the godhead is in the form of mankind and does have a body of flesh and bones. One question I would have is why would you expect the Father to be a different being that the Christ? In Hebrews 1 we learn that the immortal resurrected Jesus Christ is the express image of the person of the Father:

Hebrews 1:1-3
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

If the immortal resurrected Jesus, with a body of flesh and bones, is the express image of the person of the Father, wouldn't that mean that the Father also has an immortal body of flesh and bones just as Jesus has? This makes even more sense when we realize that God made mankind in his very image and likeness.

Genesis 1:26
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Here we learn that there was more than one being in the creation when we read the words "us" and "our" in this verse. I believe this is referring to both God the Father and Jesus Christ since it was through Jesus that God created all things that were created according to John 1:1-3:

John 1:1-3, 14
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Other verses that indicate that God the Father is also in the form of a man are as follows:

Hebrews 1:3
3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

How can Jesus sit down on the right hand of the Father if the Father doesn't have a right hand?

Acts 7:55-56
55 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up steadfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,
56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

Again, Jesus is seen standing on the right hand of God the Father.

Revelation 7:9-10
9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.

Here we read that God the Father sits upon a throne. How is this done without a body?

Since Jesus is the express image of the Father, does not the following teaching of Jesus make sense?

John 14:9
9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

If you disagree with this, please present the scriptural evidence to back up your belief.
do not agree on all aspects of who or what God is !!! What a stupid uninformed statement. That MUST be true on both reason and faith grounds.
1) Faith is a growth til the day you die, so even Augustine did not start as how he finished.
2) We are of different abilities, intellects and education, That my Faith is at my level and yours at yours MUST imply a difference , not only from the growth aspect of 1) but from common sense.
3) Error about God is not error about the Faith. The Creed is one thing and your own speculations another
4) If God is a free being then there MUST BE things we can only know if He reveals them AND if we know the revelation. Two more sorting mechanisms you overlook,.

REALLY, did you even think before posting that !!!!

do not agree on all aspects of who or what God is !!! What a stupid uninformed statement. That MUST be true on both reason and faith grounds.
1) Faith is a growth til the day you die, so even Augustine did not start as how he finished.
2) We are of different abilities, intellects and education, That my Faith is at my level and yours at yours MUST imply a difference , not only from the growth aspect of 1) but from common sense.
3) Error about God is not error about the Faith. The Creed is one thing and your own speculations another
4) If God is a free being then there MUST BE things we can only know if He reveals them AND if we know the revelation. Two more sorting mechanisms you overlook,.

If all you’re after is growth in faith, there is no progression. You’re just more willing to accept unproven stuff later then you rightfully doubted earlier. It’s evidence you should be looking for, not more faith. You need to trust your search, not avoid or make up stories to fill your doubts.

Most often it’s best to say, “ I don’t know”.

If all you’re after is growth in faith, there is no progression. You’re just more willing to accept unproven stuff later then you rightfully doubted earlier. It’s evidence you should be looking for, not more faith. You need to trust your search, not avoid or make up stories to fill your doubts.

Most often it’s best to say, “ I don’t know”.
We have faith in what can't be proven. However, most of what begins as faith is proven over time and become fact, not faith.

"Prove all things; hold fast that which is good." -1Thess 5:21

NOTHING can be proven. But it doesn’t mean you stand in the corner and read made up stuff. You get off your butt and look for evidence.
You 'prove' the oxen by plowing with them. Not everyone has the same 'oxen'.

John 17:3
3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

According to this verse it is critical that we come to know God in order that we gain life eternal. We have received through many prophets many revelations where God has revealed himself unto mankind to let us know what manner of being He is.

We learn from the first accounts in Genesis that man and woman were created after the very image and likeness of God.

Genesis 1:26-27
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

From the Prophet Moses we learn that God can be spoken to face to face as one man speaketh with another:

Exodus 33:11
11 And the Lord spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle.

From Moses we also learn that God has a body with back parts:

Exodus 33:21-23
21 And the Lord said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock:
22 And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by:
23 And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.

Jesus, while on the earth was in the form of a man and after His resurrection He was still in the form of a man:

Luke 24:36-43
36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.
41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?
42 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.
43 And he took it, and did eat before them.

When the disciples wondered what the Father looked like, Philip ask Jesus to shew him the Father. This was Jesus reply:

John 14:6-9
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

Jesus, as a man, tells Philip that if he has seen Him then he has also seen the Father. We later learn that the reason Jesus said this is because he is the express image of the person of the Father. The Father and the Son look alike.

Hebrews 1:1-3
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

To me the revelations in the scriptures are quite clear as to what God is. He is an exalted Man of Holiness. Both He and His Son are the epitome of immortal mankind. Our spirits are his offspring and children.

Acts 17:28-29
28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man’s device.

Hebrews 12:9
9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

Psalms 82:6
6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

You 'prove' the oxen by plowing with them. Not everyone has the same 'oxen'.
Have no idea what you said. It may have made sense to you. You prove nothing working with “your” oxen. But you do gather some evidence and make trials that indicate
what your oxen can be used for. Then, you give this information to other oxen owners and let them do more testing, then they decide for THEMSELVES.

But, your experience may help them in their trials. So we stop listening to made up shit. . Science is evidence gathering to enhance understanding . There is no proof of anything. There is eveidence or there is none or not enough. .

Last edited:
Have no idea what you said. It may have made sense to you. You prove nothing working with “your” oxen. But you do gather some evidence and make trials that indicate
what your oxen can be used for. Then, you give this information to other oxen owners and let them do more testing, then they decide for THEMSELVES.

But, your experience may help them in their trials. So we stop listening to made up shit. . Science is evidence gathering to enhance understanding . There is no proof of anything. There is eveidence or there is none or not enough. .
Strong evidence is good enough for me. Scientists always have an agenda, usually to get published. Many of our problems can be laid at the feet of scientists. Scientists discover things then wash their hands of the consequences of using those things. Scientists also make life more complicated than it needs to be.

Scientists always have an agenda, usually to get published.
So every other scientist can make a name and lots of funding for himself and university or research facility by showing his mistakes.

. You are wrong…

Last edited:
Scientists discover things then wash their hands of the consequences of using those things. Scientists also make life more complicated than it needs to be.
Hilarious. It’s complicated to you, for Obvious reasons. It took thousands of scientists Sequestered for months to develop the A bomb. In your mind, it was too hard and we should have let Germany and Japan kill more Americans, maybe you’d like to see your life expectancy to go back where it was before science….like 35 years….because it’s too hard.

Hilarious. It’s complicated to you, for Obvious reasons. It took thousands of scientists Sequestered for months to develop the A bomb. In your mind, it was too hard and we should have let Germany and Japan kill more Americans, maybe you’d like to see your life expectancy to go back where it was before science….like 35 years….because it’s too hard.
We didn't need the Atom Bomb to defeat Germany, and we could have ended the war with Japan with conventional bombing and naval bombardment. There was never a need for a single soldier to set foot on Japanese soil. Militarily Japan was already defeated when we dropped the bomb. We dropped it because of racial hatred of the Japanese.

Regarding longevity, the medical industry exists on the illness of people, not our health. There are millions who live to a ripe old age without the aid of medicines. For all the good that they do the medical industry is the greatest impediment to health. Instead of promoting health they seek a rich harvest from our illnesses.

Many developments that make our lives easier are actually weakening us physically and morally. We are a people with too much idle time, which is not used very productively.

Even our educational system is used to keep us ignorant and dependent.

Forum List

Back