Who is white?

This is not a trivial question. America is very diverse now so it's a reasonable question to ask, just who exactly is white.

Are Jews white?
Are light skinned Middle Easterners white?
Are Hispanics who appear mixed white?
Are mixed people white?

My answer to the all of the above is no. This is not racist, it's just a fact. Only people who have completely European descent are white. Of course, there can be some admixture, but it has to be pretty distant to the point where it is barely recognizable.

Technically, Caucasians are the "white race" and as of the Pleistocene, the "White Race" covered the upper third of Africa and all points north into Europe and east into Eurasia (green area).

Screen Shot 2018-02-15 at 4.55.18 PM.png

most of the people you call Jews are not real jews but whites that became Ashkenazi Jews. The original Hebrews are Black.

The US has a policy that says no matter what you are caucasian if you come from Egypt.

Egyptian Immigrant Wants to be Reclassified as Black | TIME.com

ap66668524454.jpg

There Is No Such Thing as Race
By Robert Wald Sussman On 11/8/14 at 3:01 PM
1107mythofrace.jpg

Newsweek
Tech & ScienceRace

In 1950, the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) issued a statement asserting that all humans belong to the same species and that “race” is not a biological reality but a myth. This was a summary of the findings of an international panel of anthropologists, geneticists, sociologists, and psychologists.

A great deal of evidence had accumulated by that time to support this conclusion, and the scientists involved were those who were conducting research and were most knowledgeable about the topic of human variation. Since that time similar statements have been published by the American Anthropological Association and the American Association of Physical Anthropologists, and an enormous amount of modern scientific data has been gathered to justify this conclusion.

Today the vast majority of those involved in research on human variation would agree that biological races do not exist among humans. Among those who study the subject, who use and accept modern scientific techniques and logic, this scientific fact is as valid and true as the fact that the earth is round and revolves around the sun

Why Are We Divided by Race When There Is No Such Thing?

and for the record, this isn't the first time you've tried to delegitimize jews in order to make a point about people of color.
Of course there is such a thing as race. There are obvious differences in black Africans, white Europeans, and Asians. People are now taking DNA tests to discover their makeup. DNA is biological. Race is biological.

In America, people of various races are interbreeding so much that distinct races could cease to exist. However, many parts of the world remain much more segregated.

Perhaps race isn't important, or should not be made important, but it is real.

I provided the scientific explanation.

"interbreeding"?

I think the perception of race is real, which is why I found that article so interesting.

I can tell you that when I fill out a form I respond that I'm white. The O/P thinks I'm not because in his "mind", Jews aren't white. That is a fallacy. Then came the responsive fallacy, which was that I am not a Jew BECAUSE I'm white. That was as silly as the o/p's fallacy.

So I welcome the scientific explanation. And I agree with you that race isn't important. Well, it seems to be in our society right now, but it really shouldn't be because there are great people of every flavor and sucky people of every flavor.
A "scientific explanation" which is obviously wrong.

is it wrong? or is it that there is no genetic distinction between the racial designations and therefore, technically, no race.

just something to ponder. the world would be a better place if it were true in any event.
The how does Ancestry.com find racial distinctions in DNA tests. There are genetic distinctions.

There Is No Such Thing as Race
By Robert Wald Sussman On 11/8/14 at 3:01 PM
1107mythofrace.jpg

Newsweek
Tech & ScienceRace

In 1950, the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) issued a statement asserting that all humans belong to the same species and that “race” is not a biological reality but a myth. This was a summary of the findings of an international panel of anthropologists, geneticists, sociologists, and psychologists.

A great deal of evidence had accumulated by that time to support this conclusion, and the scientists involved were those who were conducting research and were most knowledgeable about the topic of human variation. Since that time similar statements have been published by the American Anthropological Association and the American Association of Physical Anthropologists, and an enormous amount of modern scientific data has been gathered to justify this conclusion.

Today the vast majority of those involved in research on human variation would agree that biological races do not exist among humans. Among those who study the subject, who use and accept modern scientific techniques and logic, this scientific fact is as valid and true as the fact that the earth is round and revolves around the sun

Why Are We Divided by Race When There Is No Such Thing?

and for the record, this isn't the first time you've tried to delegitimize jews in order to make a point about people of color.
Of course there is such a thing as race. There are obvious differences in black Africans, white Europeans, and Asians. People are now taking DNA tests to discover their makeup. DNA is biological. Race is biological.

In America, people of various races are interbreeding so much that distinct races could cease to exist. However, many parts of the world remain much more segregated.

"interbreeding"?

I think the perception of race is real, which is why I found that article so interesting.

I can tell you that when I fill out a form I respond that I'm white. The O/P thinks I'm not because in his "mind", Jews aren't white. That is a fallacy. Then came the responsive fallacy, which was that I am not a Jew BECAUSE I'm white. That was as silly as the o/p's fallacy.

So I welcome the scientific explanation. And I agree with you that race isn't important. Well, it seems to be in our society right now, but it really shouldn't be because there are great people of every flavor and sucky people of every flavor.

is it wrong? or is it that there is no genetic distinction between the racial designations and therefore, technically, no race.

just something to ponder. the world would be a better place if it were true in any event.
The how does Ancestry.com find racial distinctions in DNA tests. There are genetic distinctions.

my 23&me didn't say I was Caucasian. it said I was 98.8% Ashkenazi Jew from the middle east and northeast Africa then somehow gong through france.

it also said I was likely to have an affinity for coffee but wouldn't be kept awake by it. (true)

"interbreeding"?

my 23&me didn't say I was Caucasian. it said I was 98.8% Ashkenazi Jew from the middle east and northeast Africa then somehow gong through france.
So it's going into much finer detail than simply Caucasian!

"interbreeding"?

there was a lot of detail. none of it about race.

Beleive that if you like. If you don’t think DNA can’t be used to detect a Chinese Asian, a Caucasian European or a Black African, then you are fooling yourself.

Beleive that if you like. If you don’t think DNA can’t be used to detect a Chinese Asian, a Caucasian European or a Black African, then you are fooling yourself.

They can detect that someone has a bloodline that went through Asia or Africa. There was no mention of skin color

Like mine went through Northern Africa. That makes sense. My husband had a minute bit of Japanese and .001 Native American. We have no idea where that came from.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

They can detect that someone has a bloodline that went through Asia or Africa. There was no mention of skin color

Like mine went through Northern Africa. That makes sense. My husband had a minute bit of Japanese and .001 Native American. We have no idea where that came from.
Race is not just skin color...although that’s what we mostly think about. Japanese.....Native American....that’s indication of race in my book. Someone who is 99% Japenese isn’t going to look like Tom Hanks.

Race is not just skin color...although that’s what we mostly think about. Japanese.....Native American....that’s indication of race in my book. Someone who is 99% Japenese isn’t going to look like Tom Hanks.

I am just pointing out that there is no genetic distinction based on skin color. In any event, the subject is interesting. Thanks for the conversation. I've enjoyed it.

I am just pointing out that there is no genetic distinction based on skin color. In any event, the subject is interesting. Thanks for the conversation. I've enjoyed it.
Me too...

It's true not all caucasians present with a pale white skin tone. For example Donald Trump presents as an orange toned caucasian
When I was younger I was a lifeguard on a number of beaches. Although I am typically Caucasian, by late September of each of those years my skin had become as dark as many Negroes and darker than some. But in no way did I resemble, or was I ever mistaken for, a Negro.

Skin color is the least determining element in racial distinction.

Being pre-occupied with your race has similar problems to being pre-occupied with your religion. Neither has much to do with your character, intelligence, talents and skills, heart or how you treat other people. That is what defines you.

This is not a trivial question. America is very diverse now so it's a reasonable question to ask, just who exactly is white.

Are Jews white?
Are light skinned Middle Easterners white?
Are Hispanics who appear mixed white?
Are mixed people white?

My answer to the all of the above is no. This is not racist, it's just a fact. Only people who have completely European descent are white. Of course, there can be some admixture, but it has to be pretty distant to the point where it is barely recognizable.
Yes. Jewish isn't a race but a religion.
No.
No.
No.

And you, no.

Being pre-occupied with your race has similar problems to being pre-occupied with your religion. Neither has much to do with your character, intelligence, talents and skills, heart or how you treat other people. That is what defines you.
True. However, if your “race” is in pain as a result of having been oppressed, then you will focus on your race just like you would focus on your tooth if you had a pain in your tooth (toothache). If you focus on your race and your race is not in pain, then you are the likely cause of other races pain.

Last edited:
most of the people you call Jews are not real jews but whites that became Ashkenazi Jews. The original Hebrews are Black.

The US has a policy that says no matter what you are caucasian if you come from Egypt.

Egyptian Immigrant Wants to be Reclassified as Black | TIME.com

ap66668524454.jpg
I don’t want to be associated with whites anymore. There is a very big difference between us first generation Americans and these whites. I’m Greek American. I have white friends but really what’s so great about them? We see them crying that foreigners are stealing their jobs and changing their way of life. These whites gave my father a hard time at work and my brother and I a hard time at school. So for that fuck them.

They do drugs get disease have baby mamas and get welfare too.

And most all the shooters are angry whites. It’s not blacks, Mexican, Muslims, Indians, Greeks. It’s white males

Forum List

Back