Who is upset about the shut down?

I saw it first hand today

The same people who were told to give up 20% of their salaries over the summer were given furlough letters and sent home without pay once again

It is what happens when you allow a small group of terrorists to dictate the government

Oh here comes the T word again. You mofo's need to stop throwing that around so loosely because one of these days you'll be the terrorist.

Terrorists hurt innocent people in pursuing their agenda. That is what Republicans are doing
Actually both sides are at fault, playing politics. The Tea Party, ignoring the fact they would be blamed for the shut down, chose this avenue to attack the ACA. Dems, knowing the Pubs would be blamed for the shut down, refused to compromise allowing it to happen.

I was too busy watching football to care about a shutdown. But good on the Republicans for forcing it. For once they weren't thinking about their political livelihoods and instead thinking of the American people. There may be hope for them yet; still they have a looooooong way to go.

Well it was quiet maybe because everyone was at the healthcare website signing up. I hear they had about 3,000,000 people visiting. I'll be interested in knowing how many signed up today.

579104_348590008611013_1012163553_n.jpg

Last night a strongminded young independent I met in a nonpolitical work situation asked me if I heard any news about the shutdown.

I thought he would be against the shutdown so I tried not to sound too partisan when I mentioned what I heard or what I want. I was very surprised to hear that he was rooting for it. He was delighted to think about how much money would be saved if government shut down.

I pointed out that the unions of the furloughed people would press for backwages so that money would likely still be spent. He thought it would be stupid and wrong if they were paid for days they didn't work; he noted that private union members get laid off all the time without getting backpay.

But bottom line -- the only ordinary non-confirmation-bias-promoting person I've talked with about this was in favor of a gov't shutdown.

What if anything have you heard from people other than the usual suspects in the forums and on the media?

You rave about someone who is callous? That's *!#@^#@ UP.
Oblivious to the 10's of millions who are out of work due to current economic policy which you support, but worry that one person has no sympathy for government employees who may lose a few days work.

A special person you are. You only lick the jackboots of government people.

The same people who were told to give up 20% of their salaries over the summer were given furlough letters and sent home without pay once again

It is what happens when you allow a small group of terrorists to dictate the government

Oh here comes the T word again. You mofo's need to stop throwing that around so loosely because one of these days you'll be the terrorist.

Terrorists hurt innocent people in pursuing their agenda. That is what Republicans are doing

That's retarded. Will there be drones?

Run for the hills :eek:

Nadal Hassan dictates the government? :dunno:

I dont get the concept behind all of this crap..its stupid. Why would they even come to this conclusion of shutting the government down its going to cause so much drama...... But at the end of the day we can not say that this is going to be the end of the world....look at all the other situations that the usa was going through and then all these other people where claiming that it was the end of the world because of these situations. Only ""god"" has the last say so not man.!! So what we need to start doing as a nation is to keep the faith strong...&& pray pray pray pray pray pray pray!!!!! For the strength of this nation.!!! We need to stand as one and stop depending on the goverment for everything ...only god can touch the hearts of these people in the white house!!!

Nadal Hassan dictates the government? :dunno:

TeaTards

I dont get the concept behind all of this crap..its stupid. Why would they even come to this conclusion of shutting the government down its going to cause so much drama...... But at the end of the day we can not say that this is going to be the end of the world....look at all the other situations that the usa was going through and then all these other people where claiming that it was the end of the world because of these situations. Only ""god"" has the last say so not man.!! So what we need to start doing as a nation is to keep the faith strong...&& pray pray pray pray pray pray pray!!!!! For the strength of this nation.!!! We need to stand as one and stop depending on the goverment for everything ...only god can touch the hearts of these people in the white house!!!
Good God. :eek:

For each day the government is shut down, Sen. Ted Cruz says he’ll donate his salary to charity.

The Texas Republican made his promise Monday, just hours before lawmakers hit a stalemate that sent the government into a shutdown, the National Review reports.

"If . . . Harry Reid forces a government shutdown, I intend to donate my salary to charity for each day the government is shut down," Cruz said in a statement.

Cruz makes $174,000 a year. That’s $467.71 a day — before tax.

Montana Republican Rep. Steve Daines plans to do the same. The Missoulian reports
Daines will donate his salary to the Big Sky Honor Flight, a nonprofit that flies vets to Washington D.C. to visit war memorials.

House Speaker John Boehner says he'll simply return his check to the Treasury during the shutdown. He earns $223,500 or $612.33 a day. Boehner wrote a letter to House members encouraging them to return their checks as well.

Reporters have asked other lawmakers if they'll do the same, but many have shied away from answering the question.

Cruz says he'll donate his salary because he knows many federal employees will go without pay during the shutdown.

Sen. Ted Cruz to Donate Salary During Shutdown

record.cfm

Senator Ted Cruz

Last edited:
I think memories of the sequester fear mongering has dampened concern for the partial government shutdown. I have no doubt that the republicans will be blamed but the level of animosity seems to be subdued. Except for the usual liberal suspects screaming about terrorism, hostage taking, racism, arson, anarchists, most people seem to have a wait and see attitude.

Forum List

Back