• Tom Brady

• Bret Farve

• Steve Young

• Terry Bradshaw

• Otto Graham

• Fran Tarkenton

• Bart Starr

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm a Bengals fan... they made it to the super Bowl twice, and lost to Montana twice. I'm also a Notre Dame fan... I hate and love Montana at the same time... but he is still by far the best ever.

Maybe you should have stuck to the last 50 years. Lol. I haven't even heard of some of these players. We aren't all old farts, you know! :p

If there are people on that list you don't recognize, then you are just admitting that you aren't a very big sport fan and that your vote is a bit skewed. Only Otto Graham is too old to have played in a Super Bowl. All the rest have played QB in at least one Super Bowl or more, except Marino.

Maybe you should have stuck to the last 50 years. Lol. I haven't even heard of some of these players. We aren't all old farts, you know! :p

If there are people on that list you don't recognize, then you are just admitting that you aren't a very big sport fan and that your vote is a bit skewed. Only Otto Graham is too old to have played in a Super Bowl. All the rest have played QB in at least one Super Bowl or more, except Marino.

How would I know about players who played before I was born?

Do you know who George Washington is?

You don't learn about football players in school, genius!

And shut up anyways. Was I talking to you? No, I was not.

no, but if you watch football these people get mentioned all the time... and you don't have to go to school to read a book.

You do also understand that this was Super Bowl 51 right? So in the last 50 years all these players did play except Otto Graham.

And shut up anyways. Was I talking to you? No, I was not.

You sound like a snowflake...

no, but if you watch football these people get mentioned all the time... and you don't have to go to school to read a book.

You do also understand that this was Super Bowl 51 right? So in the last 50 years all these players did play except Otto Graham.

So? That doesn't mean I know who they are! Oh, does that mean I can't watch football or talk about it anymore? Puhleese.

:321:

^ This. Credit where due

Might want to put Eli Manning up for consideration as well. Without hitting David Tyrell on the helmet Brady would be 6-1

Lucky catch is all that was! Dumb luck is what you would call it!

Sort of like last night's catch? :)

No. Who caught a ball on top of his head?

Both were lucky.

The Patriots were not lucky. Everyone knows that the catch the Giants made was a LUCKY catch.

Edelman' catch was lucky, that could have easily been dropped, Seattle had one like it in their Super Bowl loss to New England, two years ago. Just like the Immaculate Reception, just like the Holy Roller, the key is to be in position for those plays to break your way. Luck has and will always be part of the game.

So? That doesn't mean I know who they are! Oh, does that mean I can't watch football or talk about it anymore? Puhleese.

If you don't know who they are, you are only guessing that Brady is the best.

And so are you since probably none of you have ever seen all quarterbacks play. Besides that, there is no comparing modern day quarterbacks with those from so long ago. The rules are completely different and everything is completely different.

And so are you since probably none of you have ever seen all quarterbacks play. Besides that, there is no comparing modern day quarterbacks with those from so long ago. The rules are completely different and everything is completely different.

I have seen every QB on the list play except for Graham. That said, today's QBs have more protection from being hit, also the rules of the game have changed of the last several years that have made it more advantageous to favor a good passing attack over a running attack.

Today's QB is much more conditioned than the yesteryear. QBs today cannot go out and party all night and then play football. Had conditioning been a big part of the game years ago it would have been a different story on QBs.

Also a 65% pass completion was rare. Then you look a QBs like Fouts, Plunkett, Marino and Tarkenton and they had huge games and they would be 300 and 400 yd games and were rare.

A lot has changed, so who really was and is the best QB? Brady could be but Graham went to championship games every season as a pro, that counts for something. Brady won five in the era of parity.

I have seen every QB on the list play except for Graham. That said, today's QBs have more protection from being hit, also the rules of the game have changed of the last several years that have made it more advantageous to favor a good passing attack over a running attack.

Today's QB is much more conditioned than the yesteryear. QBs today cannot go out and party all night and then play football. Had conditioning been a big part of the game years ago it would have been a different story on QBs.

Also a 65% pass completion was rare. Then you look a QBs like Fouts, Plunkett, Marino and Tarkenton and they had huge games and they would be 300 and 400 yd games and were rare.

A lot has changed, so who really was and is the best QB? Brady could be but Graham went to championship games every season as a pro, that counts for something. Brady won five in the era of parity.

Not to mention rule changes that makes it easier for widereceivers to get open because the defensive backs can't mug them without a penalty like they used to... and the safeties can't head hunt the receivers any more like back in the day when Jack Tatum used to kill guys. Back when guys like Sonny Jerguson used to throw for 300 yards, that is like Drew Brees throwing for 400 yards today.

Eight numbers that show just how crazy Patriots' Super Bowl comeback really was

99.6 percent
The Falcons' win probability, according to ESPN, after Patriots kicker Stephen Gostkowski hit a 33-yard field goal with 9 minutes 44 seconds remaining in the fourth quarter to cut New England's deficit to 16 points. According to Neil Paine of ESPN, no team has ever overcome a lower win probability in the second half of the Super Bowl than New England did on Sunday night.

8 minutes, 49 seconds
The time it took the Patriots to go from a win probability of less than 1 percent to a win probability of 50 percent, after a two-point conversion tied the game with less than a minute to go in regulation.

Seattle Seahawks in Super Bowl XLIX (64 yards).

466 yards
Brady's new Super Bowl record for yardage, set on 43 completed passes, which breaks St. Louis Rams QB Kurt Warner's mark (414 yards) against the Tennessee Titans in Super Bowl XXXIV. It is only the fourth time since the merger of 1970 that a team allowed 450 or more passing yards in an playoff game.

93 plays
Total number run by New England, breaking the NFL record (regular season and playoffs), set by the Pittsburgh Steelers (84) in Super Bowl XXX. Atlanta ran 46 plays.

Receptions by James White, breaking the previous Super Bowl record held by Denver Broncos wide receiver Demaryius Thomas (13 catches) during Super Bowl XLVIII. If not for Brady's out-of-this-world heroics, White would be the game's most valuable player. He had 110 yards and a touchdown in the passing game and added two more scores on the ground.

The number of times New England moved the chains against Atlanta, a Super Bowl record, to join the 1984 San Francisco 49ers as the only Super Bowl teams to have at least 30 first downs.

Football is a team sport, but Brady is now the only quarterback in NFL history to have five Super Bowl rings. He has been named MVP in four of those wins.

Who is the Greatest Quarterback of All Time?

What is your criteria? Over the decades the game has changed and evolved, every era has had their greats. Who is the greatest? I listed 12 QB's not sure if I left anyone who could be considered as a top QB.

Make your case of who is the greatest.

Montana: Leadership, Control of Emotions, clock management, accuracy of passes, field of vision and the ability to run if and when necessary.

One example: In the final minutes of the 1989 Super Bowl Montana led an 11-play, 92-yard drive to score the winning touchdown. In order to calm his teammates in the huddle just before the final game-winning drive, Montana pointed into the stadium crowd and said "Hey, isn't that John Candy?"

Then and there he earned the nickname, Joe Cool.

So leading a team from 25 down and orchestrating a 91 yard drive to tie, isn't leadership and being calm under pressure?

I didn't say it was not. And, Brady survived too many dropped balls, and, the catch keeping a drive alive was not "luck" as some would tell it, it was skill, concentration and spectacular.

Montana had a history of comebacks, at Notre Dame and with the Niner's. Comebacks by Joe Cool were almost common, the win against the Cowboy's which got them into their first super bowl was a drive much like the win over the Bengals in '89 and many regular season games over the years.

BTW, the Niners O dominated teams in two Super Bowls, scoring 52 points in one; New England's margin of victory with Brady has never been by more than six points. The Niners beat Denver 55 - 10 and Miami 38 -16.

Forum List

Back