• Tom Brady

• Bret Farve

• Steve Young

• Terry Bradshaw

• Otto Graham

• Fran Tarkenton

• Bart Starr

Results are only viewable after voting.
Tom Brady. The proof is in last night's game. One important part of being a good QB is being a good leader and being able to lead the team to victory. To be able to keep the fire in the bellies of the players last night was pretty darn good leadership and motivational skills, considering how far behind they were. However, they never gave up and kept on fighting until the end and that is all due to good leadership and incredible motivation and determination.

It has to be. Just like MJ was the greatest basketball player to ever live, just like I was the greatest player at badminton eveh!!!

Seriously the greatest QB to play the game with out a doubt had to be Jimmy McMahon

View attachment 175876

I don't know who that is. The game is different today than it was back in the old days. There is a LOT more money involved to buy players for one thing. A "team" doesn't have the same players from year to year like in the old days, and there are salary caps that affect things too. Different rules and regulations too. So, IMO, it's hard to compare the QBs of today from those in the 1970s/1980s and before that because it's changed so much since then.

Best players, Jerry Rice, Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, LT and Walter Payton.
Guys like randy moss Terrell Owens and Calvin Johnson are the best football players. They’re two completely different categories. Brady is best about. I really like Aaron Rodgers. I wonder how he would have done in New England. Or cam newton. He’s a better athlete than Brady but he doesn’t have the team.

For the haters . . . :D

Clayton's GOAT quarterback ranking

Clayton's GOAT quarterback ranking: Tom Brady is No. 1
He is the man. The patriots have never won back to back have they? Sort of like Tim Duncan and the spurs. I wonder if Tom has one more in him. I bet he’s done.

Why? Because he lost a Super Bowl? Every time he loses a game, you all go spewing this kind of nonsense. He is not literally Superman and does not win every single game. That does not mean he is "done." HE seems to think he has a few good years left in him, and since he is the oldest QB in the league yet took us all the way to the SB AGAIN, then I would believe him more than YOU, Bo Bo. :eusa_hand: When Tom starts sucking, then you can say that. That is not to say that the Pats shouldn't be or are NOT thinking about his replacement though either.

Tom Brady is NOT the most athletic QB. He can't move around for shit. What he has is brains and a knack for getting the ball where he wants it and for reading the field and the players. He also has experience. He doesn't care though. Everyone underestimated him when he was just a college player as well. He was like a 6th round draft pick! Lol!

Tom Brady is NOT the most athletic QB. He can't move around for shit. What he has is brains and a knack for getting the ball where he wants it and for reading the field and the players. He also has experience. He doesn't care though. Everyone underestimated him when he was just a college player as well. He was like a 6th round draft pick! Lol!
We’re just being super critical of the goat. Not his fault he was a key part of the greatest organization in football

The lions just hired your assistant coach as our head coach. I hope he brings a winning mentality.

We’re just being super critical of the goat. Not his fault he was a key part of the greatest organization in football

The lions just hired your assistant coach as our head coach. I hope he brings a winning mentality.

Our offensive coordinator was supposed to go but decided at the last minute to stay. He went one other time to be a head coach, but it didn't work out for him and he came back.

I just remembered that I have an autographed picture of Tom Brady, Randy Moss and Tedy Bruschi. I will wait until Tom Brady is inducted in to the Hall of Fame and try to sell it on EBay for some bucks!!! :113:

I went with Brady, but I really only considered Super Bowl era QBs. Otherwise I might have gone with Otto Graham, who had the most incredible level of success of any QB.

I considered Montana the greatest for a long time, but a few years ago I decided Brady had overtaken him. To make it to the Super Bowl in half of your seasons, winning 5; to get to the AFC Championship game in 12 of 16 seasons; to win the division in 15 of 16 seasons; to have the records Brady already owns, and those he is close to getting; I had to change my mind and consider Brady the best ever of the Super Bowl era.

Now Otto Graham played 10 seasons of professional football and went to the title game in all 10, winning 7. He even won a pro basketball championship in his one year playing that sport. No other QB has had that sort of success. However, that was such a different time, it's hard to compare. When Graham played in the AAFC, it only had 8 teams. When Graham joined the NFL in 1950, I believe there were only 13 teams. The rules were different, the game was played differently.

Montana is the greatest Super Bowl quarterback ever. 4-0, never threw a pick in the big game, 3 time MVP, I put him ahead of Brady there, although it's very close. But for the overall career, Brady is the SB era GOAT.

Guys like randy moss Terrell Owens and Calvin Johnson are the best football players. They’re two completely different categories. Brady is best about. I really like Aaron Rodgers. I wonder how he would have done in New England. Or cam newton. He’s a better athlete than Brady but he doesn’t have the team.

Why only WRs for best football players, and if that's what you're going with, how do you not have Rice there?

Why only WRs for best football players, and if that's what you're going with, how do you not have Rice there?
Papa already had rice listed.

I just think these guys are the most athletic. Fast, strong, jumping ability, they are built like gods.

I went with Brady, but I really only considered Super Bowl era QBs. Otherwise I might have gone with Otto Graham, who had the most incredible level of success of any QB.

I considered Montana the greatest for a long time, but a few years ago I decided Brady had overtaken him. To make it to the Super Bowl in half of your seasons, winning 5; to get to the AFC Championship game in 12 of 16 seasons; to win the division in 15 of 16 seasons; to have the records Brady already owns, and those he is close to getting; I had to change my mind and consider Brady the best ever of the Super Bowl era.

Now Otto Graham played 10 seasons of professional football and went to the title game in all 10, winning 7. He even won a pro basketball championship in his one year playing that sport. No other QB has had that sort of success. However, that was such a different time, it's hard to compare. When Graham played in the AAFC, it only had 8 teams. When Graham joined the NFL in 1950, I believe there were only 13 teams. The rules were different, the game was played differently.

Montana is the greatest Super Bowl quarterback ever. 4-0, never threw a pick in the big game, 3 time MVP, I put him ahead of Brady there, although it's very close. But for the overall career, Brady is the SB era GOAT.
Montana only went to the Super Bowl 4 Times. You are rewarding him for not making it to more super bowls. Or you are punishing Brady for making it to more super bowls. Don’t forget joe got knocked out of the playoffs before the Super Bowl every year he played except 4 seasons

So if Brady never made it to the Super Bowl the years he lost you’d be sitting here saying Brady is perfect 5 and 0 in his super bowl appearances. Well I’d rather be 5 and 1.

For me it's Joe Montana, Mr Cool. I've never seen a quarter that can keep calm and operate at such a high level no matter how much the pressure. Brady probably edges him out in stats but for me it's Montana.

For me it's Joe Montana, Mr Cool. I've never seen a quarter that can keep calm and operate at such a high level no matter how much the pressure. Brady probably edges him out in stats but for it's Montana.

I so wish Montana won the super bowl with the chiefs

For me it's Joe Montana, Mr Cool. I've never seen a quarter that can keep calm and operate at such a high level no matter how much the pressure. Brady probably edges him out in stats but for it's Montana.
I feel the same way about Jordan. Sure Lebron has been the greatest player for longer than Jordan and Lebron will shatter a lot of records but he doesn’t come close to Jordan in how he owned the other teams for 6 seasons.

You may be judging based on style. You may like Montana’s personality more. Brady and his coach are easy to root against. They don’t joke a lot. Brady isn’t doing commercials like Payton Manning

Montana only went to the Super Bowl 4 Times. You are rewarding him for not making it to more super bowls. Or you are punishing Brady for making it to more super bowls. Don’t forget joe got knocked out of the playoffs before the Super Bowl every year he played except 4 seasons

So if Brady never made it to the Super Bowl the years he lost you’d be sitting here saying Brady is perfect 5 and 0 in his super bowl appearances. Well I’d rather be 5 and 1.

No, I'm not judging that based solely on how many Super Bowls a player played in, but how they performed in those Super Bowls. Montana had a great game-winning drive against the Bengals in a close game. He also had 4 TDs against Miami in a dominant win, and 5 TDs against Denver in a blowout win. Montana never threw a pick in 4 Super Bowls. Montana never lost in 4 Super Bowls. Montana never had fewer than 2 TDs in a Super Bowl. Montana's lowest QB rating for a Super Bowl is 100, his highest is 147.6.

Brady only had 1 TD in the first loss to the Giants. Brady threw picks in 4 of his 8 Super Bowls, and had that huge fumble in the Eagles game (Montana never lost a fumble or threw a pick). Brady never had a blow-out or dominant win. Brady's winning % in the Super Bowl is only .500. Brady's lowest QB rating for a Super Bowl is 82.5. His lowest rating in a Super Bowl he won is 86.2. Brady's highest rating is 115.4.

When you look at how they performed in Super Bowls, Montana was better than Brady. If Montana had played in 4 more Super Bowls, perhaps it would have evened out some, but going by the body of work available, Montana was consistently excellent in the big game.

No, I'm not judging that based solely on how many Super Bowls a player played in, but how they performed in those Super Bowls. Montana had a great game-winning drive against the Bengals in a close game. He also had 4 TDs against Miami in a dominant win, and 5 TDs against Denver in a blowout win. Montana never threw a pick in 4 Super Bowls. Montana never lost in 4 Super Bowls. Montana never had fewer than 2 TDs in a Super Bowl. Montana's lowest QB rating for a Super Bowl is 100, his highest is 147.6.

Brady only had 1 TD in the first loss to the Giants. Brady threw picks in 4 of his 8 Super Bowls, and had that huge fumble in the Eagles game (Montana never lost a fumble or threw a pick). Brady never had a blow-out or dominant win. Brady's winning % in the Super Bowl is only .500. Brady's lowest QB rating for a Super Bowl is 82.5. His lowest rating in a Super Bowl he won is 86.2. Brady's highest rating is 115.4.

When you look at how they performed in Super Bowls, Montana was better than Brady. If Montana had played in 4 more Super Bowls, perhaps it would have evened out some, but going by the body of work available, Montana was consistently excellent in the big game.

Since when is 5-3 .500?

Forum List

Back