Who is the "deep state"?

Actually, the term was defined by liberal and neo-liberal academics first. The establishment had it well defined before folks that defend Trump ever picked up the ball and ran with it.

51%2Boox54cdL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
91v4XBR2EFL._AC_UL320_SR208,320_.jpg
511Il15vQ%2BL._AC_UL320_SR214,320_.jpg
81j21LsytEL._AC_UL320_SR214,320_.jpg
81ly9oz3u%2BL._AC_UL320_SR208,320_.jpg
710TxVU%2BuzL._AC_UL320_SR210,320_.jpg
51Yv%2BveIb-L._AC_UL320_SR240,320_.jpg
414IZegJtiL._AC_UL320_SR214,320_.jpg
81XIkANlwgL._AC_UL320_SR204,320_.jpg
51458BPRMWL._AC_UL320_SR210,320_.jpg
71CnvlzS7zL._AC_UL320_SR208,320_.jpg
81WJAKORmIL._AC_UL320_SR212,320_.jpg
61Vep1-WiRL._AC_UL320_SR214,320_.jpg
41-FqgXvjKL._AC_UL320_SR214,320_.jpg
81hlE0zwKuL._AC_UL320_SR212,320_.jpg
Having nothing to do with the ridiculous lie contrived and propagated by the right that ‘the Washington establishment’ is working to remove Trump.

So, the right like to talk about the "deep state", well here's your chance to prove it.

Name who you believe is in "deep state" and post some evidence to prove your point.
That’s the thing about conspiracy theories, such as the ‘deep state’ lie – there is no proof or evidence.

Nor do conservatives want proof or evidence; the lie itself is used as a political weapon: to rally the base, divide the Nation, and demonize the opposition.

So, the right like to talk about the "deep state", well here's your chance to prove it.

Name who you believe is in "deep state" and post some evidence to prove your point.
That’s the thing about conspiracy theories, such as the ‘deep state’ lie – there is no proof or evidence.

Nor do conservatives want proof or evidence; the lie itself is used as a political weapon: to rally the base, divide the Nation, and demonize the opposition.

Well, I'm not actually disinclined to believe there is something vaguely along the lines of "deep state".

The problem is how organized it is.

The "deep state" sounds like something that is organized by a group of people who are all buddies, go to the same posh man's club, smoke cigars or a pipe and shoot lions for fun on their days off.

I don't think it's like that. I think it's partly super rich people trying to control politics.

That would be, first and foremost, the Koch brothers and Soros.

What we don't know is how much they're involved, or whether there are other people behind them. We don't know how many people they've got supporting their actions, or whether they're lone wolves.

Actually, the term was defined by liberal and neo-liberal academics first. The establishment had it well defined before folks that defend Trump ever picked up the ball and ran with it.

51%2Boox54cdL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
91v4XBR2EFL._AC_UL320_SR208,320_.jpg
511Il15vQ%2BL._AC_UL320_SR214,320_.jpg
81j21LsytEL._AC_UL320_SR214,320_.jpg
81ly9oz3u%2BL._AC_UL320_SR208,320_.jpg
710TxVU%2BuzL._AC_UL320_SR210,320_.jpg
51Yv%2BveIb-L._AC_UL320_SR240,320_.jpg
414IZegJtiL._AC_UL320_SR214,320_.jpg
81XIkANlwgL._AC_UL320_SR204,320_.jpg
51458BPRMWL._AC_UL320_SR210,320_.jpg
71CnvlzS7zL._AC_UL320_SR208,320_.jpg
81WJAKORmIL._AC_UL320_SR212,320_.jpg
61Vep1-WiRL._AC_UL320_SR214,320_.jpg
41-FqgXvjKL._AC_UL320_SR214,320_.jpg
81hlE0zwKuL._AC_UL320_SR212,320_.jpg
Having nothing to do with the ridiculous lie contrived and propagated by the right that ‘the Washington establishment’ is working to remove Trump.

Two of those books are by Peter Dale Scott.

This is a direct quote from him as of August 25th pm his FB page. He is a well respected professor emeritus from Berkeley.

"I have consistently argued against those who have wanted to call Trump (or George W., or Reagan) Fascist. But there are neo-Fascists in America, and the divisive confusions of the Trump era have encouraged them to become more organized. The answer to this threat is of course not Antifa (their mirror image), but a much stronger reassertion of America's historical commitment to law and justice."

He then links us to a SPLC page to give us a heads up of the danger;
https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2018/08/23/oath-keepers-announce-national-‘spartan’-training-program-aimed-‘violent-left’

This man is an authority on the Deep State. He teaches us that Nixon was forced from office by the Deep State, and Trump was taught political maneuvering by the same guy, (Roy Cohn) as Nixon. He has constantly linked to Consortium News for up dates for FACTS, not emotions. This does not mean he likes either, he is disgusted by both. That said, the rule of law is more important.

On the Criminal Referral of Comey, Clinton et al: Will the Constitution Hold and the Media Continue to Suppress the Story?

If this paradigm does not hold with your partisan worldview, I am sorry, that is just how things are, unfortunately. The public state is week, the unaccountable shadow government is a danger to our society.

And Peter Dale Scott's good friend, the founder of Salon, and friend of the Clinton's, David Talbot, just posted this about Jeff Bezos. In his book, the Devil's Chessboard he writes about the Dulles brothers. They are much like the corrupt past of Mueller and Comey.

You should do more reading and less TV watching. Did you know that Bezos' WaPo, which you read regularly, has cut deals with the CIA?

"David Talbot
August 26 at 11:37 AM ·
My Meeting With Jeff Bezos. The so-called "Amazon Effect" - in which a handful of super-sized companies are increasingly dominating the economy -- is causing growing alarm in economic circles. So much so that Federal Reserve and other central bankers are gathering this weekend at a resort in the Grand Tetons to discuss how this increasing corporate concentration has become a drag on the economy, leading to stagnant wages, reduced investment in medium and small-sized businesses, and a grotesquely expanding wealth gap. We now have the sorry reality of Amazon mogul Jeff Bezos -- the richest man in the entire world (!) -- sitting merrily atop his sprawling empire while workers in his warehouses are forced to apply for food stamps to feed their families.

This is truly appalling and it smacks of bewigged and powdered French royalty and their retainers swanning about the Versailles palace while outside its walled gardens the peasants were starving. Instead of Robespierre's guillotines, let's hope the Bernie Sanders-Elizabeth Warren-Alexandria Ocasio Cortez peaceful revolution can take control of the Democratic Party -- and then Washington.

Speaking of Bezos, whose obscene wealth allowed him to buy the Washington Post (among other properties), I was reminded by the recent news of the time when the Amazon titan tried to buy my little start-up, Salon. I wrote about it last year in the San Francisco Chronicle, excerpted here:

When I was running Salon, the online publication I started way back in the dot-com era, I met lots of self-adoring tech entrepreneurs and executives. They were an interesting breed. Brilliant, hard-driving … and a little mad. I remember a meeting with Amazon founder Jeff Bezos in his Seattle headquarters to discuss a possible business deal between our companies, under which the retail giant would link to Salon’s book reviews and we in turn would link to Amazon’s buy pages. It was a novel idea way back then, and Bezos’ executive team was excited about it. Bezos, however, saw things differently.

“Let me get this straight,” he said, his voice rising. “You want me to send my big pipeline of customers to your site?”

Well, yeah, we said, as his underlings — who clearly had experienced their boss’ mercurial behavior before — looked nervously down at the floor.

“I might as well stick a gun in my mouth and blow my f— head off!” Bezos erupted. He mimed sticking the barrel of the gun in his mouth for added emphasis.

Awkward silence. But moments later, after some further discussion of how the deal could work to Amazon’s benefit and not just Salon’s, Bezos had a sudden change of heart. He offered to buy Salon. “What are you worth?” he asked. From rejected suitor to bride in a flash!

It was the right move for Amazon, and if I’d taken the deal, I probably wouldn’t be writing this column today. I’d be retired in a picturesque village in Tuscany, trying my hand at watercolors. But for some reason, I just didn’t want to be under the thumb of, um, a colorful personality like Bezos.

There are many men and women at the top of the business world who are absolute wonders at that thing they do. Figuring out how to get books and shoes and deodorant from warehouses into the hands of customers at blinding speed. Or undercutting the taxi industry by using “partners” instead of drivers, and someday replacing those partners with robots. That sort of thing. But you don’t necessarily want to be managed by men like this — or be governed by them."

40168585_1915874238456438_2547189844484816896_n.jpg

None of this information will make it onto your TV.

Raymond McGovern (born August 25, 1939) is a former CIA officer turned political activist.[1] McGovern was a CIA analyst from 1963 to 1990, and in the 1980s chaired National Intelligence Estimates and prepared the President's Daily Brief. He received the Intelligence Commendation Medal at his retirement, returning it in 2006 to protest the CIA's involvement in torture.[2] McGovern's post-retirement work includes commenting on intelligence issues and in 2003 co-founding Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity (VIPS).

Ray McGovern - Wikipedia

Trump has foisted yet ANOTHER one of his DELUSIONS upon the masses of cerebrally deficient Americans.

No Trump supporter will ever be able to reliably reply to this thread because they all are a few fries shy of a Happy Meal.

The Deep State is headed by The Illuminati, financed by George Soros and Friends. The foot soldiers are the crooked sonsabitches planted in the Justice and State Departments, Defense and Treasury Departments, many members of Congress and the White House itself. They were planted by at least the past 3 Administrations plus a couple others and have infiltrated every phase of government.

Eventually all of them will be rooted out and exposed, making the Nuremburg Trials look like a wrist slapping. Everyone of them should be executed by firing squad on the Mall. Then they can be buried although I would prefer to see them all fed alive to the hogs.

That is my cerebral contribution and I'm as serious as a heart attack.

Are you not aware that the Trump family is tied to the Illuminati going back to the days of Frederick Trump and JD Rockefeller working together in the Wild West in the late 1800s.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

I would be more inclined to not believe in a deep state if the IRS was not already used as a weapon. Something else would be the fact that there is no more investigative journalism even if there were a deep state.

My guess is, if Fox News said there is a Deep State, it would be laughed off as a conspiracy theory, but if Chris Mathews said there is a Deep State, then it would be 100% true. It is only true if the main stream media nods in unison.

Trump has foisted yet ANOTHER one of his DELUSIONS upon the masses of cerebrally deficient Americans.

No Trump supporter will ever be able to reliably reply to this thread because they all are a few fries shy of a Happy Meal.

The Deep State is headed by The Illuminati, financed by George Soros and Friends. The foot soldiers are the crooked sonsabitches planted in the Justice and State Departments, Defense and Treasury Departments, many members of Congress and the White House itself. They were planted by at least the past 3 Administrations plus a couple others and have infiltrated every phase of government.

Eventually all of them will be rooted out and exposed, making the Nuremburg Trials look like a wrist slapping. Everyone of them should be executed by firing squad on the Mall. Then they can be buried although I would prefer to see them all fed alive to the hogs.

Are you not aware that the Trump family is tied to the Illuminati going back to the days of Frederick Trump and JD Rockefeller working together in the Wild West in the late 1800s.

Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware of those facts but now that we know we can dig 'em up and hang the bastards properly.

Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware of those facts but now that we know we can dig 'em up and hang the bastards properly.

so, digging up dead people & hanging them is a Republican value?

Sounds about right.

Sounds about right.
Judge Roy Bean would approve.

Sounds about right.
Judge Roy Bean would approve.

OK, I get it. You want to live in the past. That is exactly where Trump is taking the planet.

The Deep state is anyone from the Janitor who cleans offices after everyone is gone, to the Department heads who put politics first in their lives and commit crimes while at work for whoever will pay them.
The so called "Deep State" is whoever the Trump-supporting Republicans say they are whenever they are doing things that don't look good for their master, Trump.

Forum List

Back