Who is the best in Congress right now?

Natural Citizen

American Made
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 8, 2016
I say Thomas Massie. Hands down. Nobody comes close. Not even on their best day.

What say you?

Last edited:
I say Thomas Massie. Hands down. Nobody comes close. Not even on their best day.

What say you?

Really hard to say. I'm hard to please and not PART of the "tribal wars".. Has to be a true "libertarian leaning" person with convictions. Not many of them outside the "Freedom Caucus".. So get a list of the Freedom Caucus members and there would be my best bets..

HOWEVER -- They are all irrelevant. Only 4 party bosses decide every action and call every play. And it you cross them -- you'll be watching the Congressional floor action on CSPAN from your office in suburban Maryland with your aide (singular).

Tom massie is just another cookie cutter libertarian conservative in a desperate search for relevance.

Tom massie is just another cookie cutter libertarian conservative in a desperate search for relevance.

Heh heh. That's what they said about Rand. And wouldn't you know it? Look whose foreign policy the President is adopting. Remember this, otto105. An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government. And you know, sticks and stones and whatnot. Right?

Mainstream conservatives have 0 grassroots. And they are unprepared for what the future holds in terms of the American political arena. And they will not lead the charge. Now, why is that, otto? I'll tell you why. It's because people generally want to be led. People aren't interested in leading. Not really. Life's hard enough as it is. Besides, it's not always about just trying to hurry up and get elected. Huh uh. It's about changing the course of history, ottto. That's how winning is done. And it does not take an army to change it. Only leaders, otto. That's all it takes. Doers. Movers and shakers, man.

It's time to step aside or get run over because all their base are belong to us! They just don't know it yet. And apparently you don't either. Ha. But you know what? That's okay. Preferable even.

In time...

Last edited:
What say you?

Interesting take on the balanced budget amendment(s) , i had no idea it was such a fascade ......~S~

Yep. And this whole charade about shutting down government is a joke. Everything is still going to be funded, the only thing that'll happen is the EPA and the space agency will get an extended vacation.

If Trump shuts it down, it'd still only be less than ten percent of the government that wouldn't be funded. A quarter of a quarter of it, actually.

The soldiers are already gonna get paid for a year, the military is funded. Department of education, the department of labor, the department of health and human services is funded, the VA is funded etc. All funded.

But listening to the talking heads on the fake news media, including FOX, they're completely misinforming the electorate about it. Three quarters of discretionary spending is funded for a full year and one hundred percent of non-discretionary spending is already funded for the upcoming year.

Now, what's gonna happen in a few weeks if nobody actually cares if the EPA is shut down? Ha. That'd be great.

Last edited:
It's no surprise they voted to spend those billions for the wall, they knew it backfired on em. lol.

Really hard to say. I'm hard to please and not PART of the "tribal wars".. Has to be a true "libertarian leaning" person with convictions. Not many of them outside the "Freedom Caucus".. So get a list of the Freedom Caucus members and there would be my best bets..

HOWEVER -- They are all irrelevant. Only 4 party bosses decide every action and call every play. And it you cross them -- you'll be watching the Congressional floor action on CSPAN from your office in suburban Maryland with your aide (singular).

Yeah, maybe. Tyrants gonna tyrant. We can't sit around and do nothing, though, flac. We can't let it be said we did nothing. The window is wide open, too. It's amazing what a band of legendary misfits can accomplish if they wanna. I've seen em set all-time political records. It's been done. All that is necessary is the will to try.

Last edited:
What say you?

Interesting take on the balanced budget amendment(s) , i had no idea it was such a fascade ......~S~

Yep. And this whole charade about shutting down government is a joke. Everything is still going to be funded, the only thing that'll happen is the EPA and the space agency will get an extended vacation.

If Trump shuts it down, it'd still only be less than ten percent of the government that wouldn't be funded. A quarter of a quarter of it, actually.

The soldiers are already gonna get paid for a year, the military is funded. Department of education, the department of labor, the department of health and human services is funded, the VA is funded etc. All funded.

But listening to the talking heads on the fake news media, including FOX, they're completely misinforming the electorate about it. Three quarters of discretionary spending is funded for a full year and one hundred percent of non-discretionary spending is already funded for the upcoming year.

Now, what's gonna happen in a few weeks if nobody actually cares if the EPA is shut down? Ha. That'd be great.

Christ on a cracker Nat one.... this whole 'gub'mit shutdown' is really selective dismissal and/or silencing of departments the executive branch dislikes?
HW_dogs_surprised.jpg

~S~

Yeah, maybe. Tyrants gonna tyrant. We can't sit around and do nothing, though, flac. We can't let it be said we did nothing. The window is wide open, too. It's amazing what a band of legendary misfits can accomplish if they wanna. I've seen em set all-time political records. It's been done. All that is necessary is the will to try.

Got to free us AND our representatives from the 2 party tyranny.. That's the only way to get this nation wrecking polarized stand-off neutralized. Just 10 or 14 true Independents in Congress to act and SPEAK like adults about what's happening would be enough to end the circus..

BTW -- I said Freedom Caucus. I meant Liberty Caucus.. Here's a list. Your Kentucky guy is in this little sub-party... From the Wikipedia.....

House Liberty Caucus

Chairman Justin Amash (MI-3)
Founded 2011; 7 years ago
Preceded by Liberty Caucus
Members[edit]

What say you?

Christ on a cracker Nat one.... this whole 'gub'mit shutdown' is really selective dismissal and/or silencing of departments the executive branch dislikes?
HW_dogs_surprised.jpg

~S~

Aint no such thing. The shutdown is not SELECTIVE except for "vital" vs "non-vital" govt employees. Since the shutdown only addresses 8% of the budget in dollars -- or about 22% of the personnel in staffing, THE VAST MAJORITY is unaffected.

This is both of the inept, childish parties acting totally irresponsible. Maneuvering SOLELY for political points. And playing games so that THEY get credit for stuff they TRASHED wnen the "other side" proposes it..

That's WHY it's all about obtaining and holding power and NOT ABOUT governing or principles...

Just 10 or 14 true Independents in Congress to act and SPEAK like adults about what's happening would be enough to end the circus..

It's a comforting thought....

Since the shutdown only addresses 8% of the budget in dollars -- or about 22% of the personnel in staffing, THE VAST MAJORITY is unaffected.

So do the same congresscritters that are foisting this upon us get a paid vacation out of this?

This is both of the inept, childish parties acting totally irresponsible. Maneuvering SOLELY for political points. And playing games so that THEY get credit for stuff they TRASHED wnen the "other side" proposes it..

true.....and the partisan koolaid greases the wheel....

That's WHY it's all about obtaining and holding power and NOT ABOUT governing or principles

I believe we exist in an oligarchy , where the fascade of governing the masses have had their principals coerced flacaltenn

i'm given constant examples , usually by the more savvy posters that delve into detail

And to their credit, it really does boil down to critical thinking skills.

The morbid dogma of jingoism rules the land , moves the voters, aplauds the orwellian aspects of a failed system

Few take the time to learn the stark realities we're living, we are a nation in denial

~S~

Nobody else in Congress is even close

Major Accomplishments of the 110th Congress - Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi

Mrs. Pelosi is arguably the most powerful woman in American history. There have been female governors, secretaries of state and Supreme Court justices, but only one female Speaker.” – The Economist, March 2010

SPEAKER PELOSI AND HOUSE DEMOCRATS PASSED OVER 230 KEY MEASURES – MORE THAN 70% WITH SIGNIFICANT BIPARTISAN SUPPORT

Just 10 or 14 true Independents in Congress to act and SPEAK like adults about what's happening would be enough to end the circus..

Since the shutdown only addresses 8% of the budget in dollars -- or about 22% of the personnel in staffing, THE VAST MAJORITY is unaffected.

So do the same congresscritters that are foisting this upon us get a paid vacation out of this?

That's WHY it's all about obtaining and holding power and NOT ABOUT governing or principles

I believe we exist in an oligarchy , where the fascade of governing the masses have had their principals coerced flacaltenn

i'm given constant examples , usually by the more savvy posters that delve into detail

The morbid dogma of jingoism rules the land , moves the voters, aplauds the orwellian aspects of a failed system

Few take the time to learn the stark realities we're living, we are a nation in denial

~S~

You're describing the same sad state of affairs. But it's important to IDENTIFY the primary causes for all the "malaise".. And ABSO-Fucking-LUTELY -- the primary cause is the inherent instability of having just TWO political franchises available as choices is the PRIMARY problem.

You don't HAVE 535 representatives in Congress. You have 4 party bosses laying out the talking points and the strategy for DEFEATING the other.. With just a few INDEPENDENT voices, you'd see these people on interviews and TV giving BETTER insight and analysis into the issues and legislation..

Pelosi's accomplishments

INNOVATION AND JOBS

COMPREHENSIVE ENERGY LEGISLATION, which raised vehicle fuel efficiency standards (35 mpg by the year 2020) for the first time in 32 years, and making an historic commitment to American homegrown biofuels.

TAX INCENTIVES FOR CLEAN RENEWABLE ENERGY that helped create or save over 500,000 jobs.

COMPETES ACT promoted high‐tech jobs, expanded math and science education, and boosted research and innovation.

ECONOMIC RECOVERY AND STIMULUS PACKAGEwith Recovery Rebates for 130 million American middle class families to provide some help during difficult economic period.

EDUCATION

LARGEST EXPANSION OF COLLEGE AID IN SIX DECADES, cutting loan rates in half and increasing Pell Grants.

NEW GI BILLto provide free college education to veterans of Iraq and Afghanistan.

HEAD START REAUTHORIZATION, first reform and expansion in 10 years.

FAIRNESS

MINIMUM WAGE INCREASE,first in 10 years, a $4,400 raise for 13 million Americans.

ECONOMIC RESCUSE LEGISLATION to protect Main Street from the crisis on Wall Street.

ALTERNATIVE MINIMUM TAX REFORM protected 25 million middle‐class families from paying the AMT.

MENTAL HEALTH PARITY to end coverage discrimination against patients seeking treatment for mental illnesses.

LANDMARK LOBBY AND ETHICS REFORM, including creating of an outside, independent ethics panel.

NATIONAL SECURITY

ENACTED 9/11 COMMISSION RECOMMENDATIONS to strengthen homeland security.

LARGEST INVESTMENT IN VETERANS’ HEATH CAREin the 77‐year history of the VA.

~S~

You're describing the same sad state of affairs. But it's important to IDENTIFY the primary causes for all the "malaise".. And ABSO-Fucking-LUTELY -- the primary cause is the inherent instability of having just TWO political franchises available as choices is the PRIMARY problem.

You don't HAVE 535 representatives in Congress. You have 4 party bosses laying out the talking points and the strategy for DEFEATING the other.. With just a few INDEPENDENT voices, you'd see these people on interviews and TV giving BETTER insight and analysis into the issues and legislation..

I agree flacaltenn......so what the rx may be is on the table.......one possibility.......and i' not entirely sure about it.......got 6 minutes?

>>>>

~S~

~S~

I agree flacaltenn......so what the rx may be is on the table.......one possibility.......and i' not entirely sure about it.......got 6 minutes?

>>>>

~S~

Well put together. I'm sure there's a ton of populist support for something like an "Anti-Corruption" act. But I've spent 25 working with Indies and 3rd parties that want to do similar things and here's the prob....

You DO NOT want politicians writing agriculture, energy, or banking LAW ---- without AMPLE INPUT from the industries that exist. Without knowing the PLANS and problems that affect these industries, the morons in Congress would ABUSE their power to regulate them. Like mandating curly fluorescent light bulbs BEFORE a better alternate light bulb is ready for market. OR concentrating on "too big to fail" banks and KILLING the Credit Union marketplace.

After DECADES of contemplating this. Here's my conclusion.. Congress LARGELY shouldn't have the POWER to pick winners/losers in the marketplace. The Feds should NEVER subsidize anything that ALREADY EXISTS in the marketplace (like solar and wind or electric cars).. This only DESTROYS better companies with better solutions...

The problem ain't the MONEY kickbacks. It's the power to stick their incompetent noses into market functions they have no expertise to design.

So it's like it is in the Dept of Ag or the FAA -- If you read those charters, they have a CONFLICTING task. And that is to PROMOTE and REGULATE at the same time. Whether it's air travel or cows. Leftists see them as "equalizers" for errant capitalism, while righties see them as PROMOTERS of the business.

It's schizophrenic. And inept.

The problem isn't the KICKBACKS -- it's that Congress has too much POWER to sell.. And as long as they are SELLING that power -- if you ban the money -- it will revert to moving factories or offices to their districts or other FUNGIBLE transactions..

Could go on.. But that's not the topic. You need people who WANT to solve problems within the Constitutional BOUNDS of the Congress. NOT putting a wall between those 535 drama queens and the MILLIONS of folks in Corporate America that keep food on table, keep the lights on, and promote choice in how your wallet gets pilfered...

~S~

>>>>

~S~

Well put together. I'm sure there's a ton of populist support for something like an "Anti-Corruption" act. But I've spent 25 working with Indies and 3rd parties that want to do similar things and here's the prob....

You DO NOT want politicians writing agriculture, energy, or banking LAW ---- without AMPLE INPUT from the industries that exist. Without knowing the PLANS and problems that affect these industries, the morons in Congress would ABUSE their power to regulate them. Like mandating curly fluorescent light bulbs BEFORE a better alternate light bulb is ready for market. OR concentrating on "too big to fail" banks and KILLING the Credit Union marketplace.

After DECADES of contemplating this. Here's my conclusion.. Congress LARGELY shouldn't have the POWER to pick winners/losers in the marketplace. The Feds should NEVER subsidize anything that ALREADY EXISTS in the marketplace (like solar and wind or electric cars).. This only DESTROYS better companies with better solutions...

The problem ain't the MONEY kickbacks. It's the power to stick their incompetent noses into market functions they have no expertise to design.

So it's like it is in the Dept of Ag or the FAA -- If you read those charters, they have a CONFLICTING task. And that is to PROMOTE and REGULATE at the same time. Whether it's air travel or cows. Leftists see them as "equalizers" for errant capitalism, while righties see them as PROMOTERS of the business.

It's schizophrenic. And inept.

The problem isn't the KICKBACKS -- it's that Congress has too much POWER to sell.. And as long as they are SELLING that power -- if you ban the money -- it will revert to moving factories or offices to their districts or other FUNGIBLE transactions..

Could go on.. But that's not the topic. You need people who WANT to solve problems within the Constitutional BOUNDS of the Congress. NOT putting a wall between those 535 drama queens and the MILLIONS of folks in Corporate America that keep food on table, keep the lights on, and promote choice in how your wallet gets pilfered...

but......they;re paid to sell flacaltenn

so , how does one gaurantee allegiance when $$$$ creates bias?

i just don't understand ...???

~S~

Forum List

Back