Who is Responsible for Fatherless Black Families?

What???? feeling a little jealous because someone who makes half of what you do gets something that because you have been lucky and had the right opportunities and family connections, you don't need anyway?

What a really petty outlook, to be jealous of those who have less than you do, and be envious of what little they do have!

Do you also envy the homeless their carefree lifestyle?

Jealous? Get real. Your entire personal attack is based on nothing but assumption. You don't know a damned thing about me.

I haven't asked anyone for a damned thing I don't earn with my own two hands and I grew up pretty damned poor. I got off my ass at the soonest opportunity and went to work to alleviate that problem and I sure as Hell didn't wait around for some bleeding heart to come give me something I felt I was entitled to for no real good reason.

So spin your guilt trip on someone it might phase.

Not at all. Slavery does not end once the shackles were removed. When you take a few million people and keep them uneducated for generations, then let them go, they won't be able to keep up in the economy. I think slavery has set back blacks for a very long time. It wasn't until a hundred years after slavery that blacks were considered as equals to whites. 100 years. That is devestating. There has only been two generations of blacks that have been afforded equal education opportunity as whites.

I disagree. I would agree that your argument may have been valid 50 years ago. If you count only the time since Civil Rights laws were enacted in the 60s you've still got close to 50 years.

I'd just have to ask for those you think aren't being given a fair shake when legally they get more than a fair shake ... what are they waiting on?

Who is Responsible for Fatherless Black Families?

All those Black children, obviously.

The Fatherless Whites one are no better, either, let me tell yas.

Feed me, clothe me, please stop hitting me.

Slacking parasites, the lot of them.

Single Parent Families

Between 1980 and 1994, the proportion of all black families that were headed by single parents climbed from 52% to 65%. By 2000, however, this percentage had declined slightly to 63.2%. Among both white and Hispanic families, the percentage maintained by single parents increased between 1980 and 2000, among whites from 17.1% in 1980 to 26% in 2000, and from 25.9% to 35.4% for Hispanics. However, these increases still left the percentage of black families maintained by single parents more than twice the percentage for white families, and 75% higher than that for Hispanics.

The fraction of single-parent families maintained by men is steadily increasing (see chart 2). Nevertheless, in 2000 the overwhelming majority of black single-parent families (90.1%) were maintained by women, and so were 79.3% of white single-parent families.

In 2000, 19.2 million children under 18 lived with one parent, including about 58.2% of all black children and 23% of all white children. In 1998, for both black and non-Hispanic white households, the average number of children per household living with single fathers was 2.0. The average number of children in the families of black single mothers (2.5) and white single mothers (2.2) was higher, as was the average number of children in two-parent black (2.6) and white (2.4) families

I disagree. I would agree that your argument may have been valid 50 years ago. If you count only the time since Civil Rights laws were enacted in the 60s you've still got close to 50 years.

I'd just have to ask for those you think aren't being given a fair shake when legally they get more than a fair shake ... what are they waiting on?

We leave behind inner city kids like it's our garbage. That's not a fair shake. Until we are supplying quality education and the youth understands the need for an education, blacks will be underpriviliaged. It doesn't really matter how many scholarships we give out if we have to lower the standards to recieve them because that only creates a cycle of underachievement.

We leave behind inner city kids like it's our garbage. That's not a fair shake. Until we are supplying quality education and the youth understands the need for an education, blacks will be underpriviliaged. It doesn't really matter how many scholarships we give out if we have to lower the standards to recieve them because that only creates a cycle of underachievement.

I can agree, however...why is this a Federal Responsibility in a Republic?

Why is this up to the federal government instead of the state that the city is in....?

It would be to the State's benefit for their students in all areas to be well educated...it brings them good workers and tax payers down the road and less crime so less on police etc...?

It would benefit the educational system you would think., with States competing with eachother on having the best schools and the perks of what that brings, like good jobs to regions where there are plentiful, educated workers....? People move from town to town for the good education of their kids and if this same thing happened with State competition then States without a good educational system would be hurting for tax dollars cuz many would leave their state if the educational system was poor...

Nevermind, I think I just indirectly answered my own question....i think this works for everyone in America that already has the means to move, with their career or with money on hand, whereas those disadvantaged would be stuck in the region of poor schools....?

But one would think that the State gvt would still concentrate on better educating all children because they don't want any one to leave their state...that would be their ever beloved tax monies walking out the door?

Anyway, do you think it is a federal responsibility to improve the inner city schools of a specific State?

Care

It doesn't matter if it's our responsibility.

The outcome of treating people like crap, and allowing their children to become disenfranchised savages will inevitably become our problem.

2.4 million people in prison?

Whole areas where sane people can't go because they're now gang controlled neighboods?

Sorry, folks, but sooner or later you're going to have to leave those gated communities.

If you neighbors are getting poorer, you are too.

We share the world.

If we allow it to become populated by people with nothing to lose?

We ALL lose.

Last edited:
Brian, no offense, but where are you getting this idea that black people don't value education? You seem to be basing your entire premise on your own personal experience.

That is the general impression, but one is not talking about every black person and family. In come black communities seeking knowledge is acting white.

Last edited:
I can agree, however...why is this a Federal Responsibility in a Republic?

Anyway, do you think it is a federal responsibility to improve the inner city schools of a specific State?

Care

With liberty and justice for all.......

or are you one of those who doesn't salute the flag and say the pledge?

It doesn't matter if it's our responsibility.

The outcome of treating people like crap, and allowing their children to become disenfranchised savages will inevitably become our problem.

2.4 million people in prison?

Whole areas where sane people can't go because they're now gang controlled neighboods?

Sorry, folks, but sooner or later you're going to have to leave those gated communities.

If you neighbors are getting poorer, you are too.

We share the world.

If we allow it to become populated by people with nothing to lose?

We ALL lose.

I don't know how the rep system really works but I am def. going to give you some points or whatever for this post!

I'll try again. What is the hue of skin color that separates someone from being black and white? Is race something that you just recognize when you see it?

It can be an obvious set of characteristics, skin, hair, features, or it can be self identification.

Like Jedgar Hoover's family going in the back door as one thing and coming out the front as something different.....

The Mysterious Origins of J. Edgar Hoover

We are taught the differences.

When you are a kid, you do not know that you are considered White or Black. However, as you grow older, people tell you, You are White, You are Black, then you begin to identify with that group and recognize similarities or differences.

With liberty and justice for all.......

or are you one of those who doesn't salute the flag and say the pledge?

Why so much hatred in your posts Contessa?

You obviously have NO CLUE on what a Democratic REPUBLIC is or have any clue on what our Constitution says and dictates.

This is what I am discussing and IT IS NOT, ACCORDING TO OUR CONSTITUTION, the duty of the Federal Government to School our Children.

It is something that the States do with their citizens of their State.

I NEVER SAID, that the problems of towns or cities not collecting enough property taxes to pay for the schooling in their low income districts, thus neglecting them ....should be tolerated! NEVER!

I NEVER SAID, to each his own and the HELL with everyone else that has less, and you are a pompous little twit to just presume such and shoot off your sarcastic little post Contessa..... :(

What I did suggest, is that the States, WHO ALREADY PAY FOR 93% of all of their educational costs for the the citizen's of their states ALREADY, ARE THE ONES that need to address these issues of educational inequality within their own state....THEY CONTROL THE MONEY FOR IT.....and these are NOT FEDERAL ISSUES.....these are State issues, and some states have done a FANTASTIC job like Massachusetts.....

Other State gvts should visit the States that have superb educational systems and try to model themselves off of them....that would be a start....

Also, maybe they need to consider Town/State property taxes as NOT the means to pay for education and use other means like lotteries, to help the needy regions with very little property taxes collected....

And money is NOT the say all be all in improving our educational systems, there are many other things that massachusetts has done to improve their educational system for all! Like giving teachers that teach in Boston, a break on their State income taxes or as with my cousin who was an engineer in tha Air Force, retired in a small mass town to teach math and the town gave her property tax exempt for 10 years to teach at the school...since they could not pay them more and needed good teachers....

Care

What???? feeling a little jealous because someone who makes half of what you do gets something that because you have been lucky and had the right opportunities and family connections, you don't need anyway?

What a really petty outlook, to be jealous of those who have less than you do, and be envious of what little they do have!

Do you also envy the homeless their carefree lifestyle?

Are you comparing yourself to the homeless? You've obviously got access to a computer and the internet. You're not doing that bad.

Two, you've obviously got a huge chip on your shoulder about something. Quit eating it and and spit it out so we all know what we're dealing with.

And by the way, the State has control of its education system...hence why many state lotteries contribute, each state has it's own standardized testing, school taxes...etc.... The Fed. gov. is not Constitutionally responsible for public education.

Fatherless black families are caused by BLACK MEN.

Not so!:disagree:

Not all black women are impregnated by black men who then abandon them. Many black women are plugged by white and mexican men who abandon their responsibilities. In addition to this not all black men neglect their responsibilities. If we combine both of these points:
1) Not all black women are empregnated by black men, and
2) Not all black men neglect their responsibilities.

The statement: "Fatherless black families are caused by BLACK MEN," is false.

The true statement should read:
"Fatherless black families are caused by irresponsible and selfish males."

Men raise their offspring.

Well........my hypotheses involves a number of different factors. I may not hit all of them. but it's the first thing(s) that I notice.

1. Blacks (not all) generally do not value an education. Most barely make it through high school...thus resulting in lower paying jobs, contributing to his/her endless cycle of poverty. If more blacks would actively persue their education and go to college, they could obtain higher paying jobs and bring in a little more money for their families...ending the the cycle of poverty if they too encourage their kids to do the same.

2. The hip-op/rap industry (though enjoyable) has every young black American wanting to become hip-hop stars...so they rely on the prospect of doing this. (they think it will pave their way to success, only a small percentage ever make it.) There's not enough room in Hollywood for that many celebreties.

3. The "whites are out to get us" attitude has to be changed. Black families need to instill, in their children, the fact that they are in control of their own success. Whites are no longer doing this. They have just as many opportunities to be successful. I'm white, and I worked 40 hours a week at a 5.50 an hour job to pay for my college. I went full time while working full-time. Sure, I could make an excuse and say that I was poor and didn't have money for school. but my education was important to me, and my parents encouraged it.

I'm sure there's more, but these are some of the main issues in my opinion.

Blacks are responsible for Blacks...unless they're on welfare...and then we're responsible for their well-being.

The root problem is, IMO, blacks in general suffer from a false sense of entitlement based on being convinced they are victims by a political organization willing to foster such a climate in order to purchase their votes with promises of more handouts.

Why would anyone expect responsible behavior from a segment of the population that has been raised to believe they are in fact not responsible?

BS, just because some black men arent living together with the mother of their kids don't mean they don't spend time with and take care of their kids:'

7 Out Of 10 Black Americans "Love" Their Dad | NewsOne

But even though African-American families are often headed by single mothers, the Philadelphia Inquirer reported on research that showed that, “African American fathers, more than any other group, are more likely to maintain lasting relationships with their children when they don’t live with them.”

Are there some irresponsible black fathers out there? Yes, no different than any other race, people look at the black single mother stat and read all kinds of negativity into and start coming up with nonsense like you're spewing.

The idea that a significant amount of poor blacks are irresponsible due to playing the victim
and having a false sense of entitlement is pure rubbish, most black families that live in poverty spend more time trying to find better jobs and or working two or more menial jobs trying to take care of their families, how many poor blacks have you associated with and talked on an interpersonal basis?

The only people that are really crying like babies and feeling a sense of entitlement due to their race are angry white males crying about affirmative action being racist when white males earn more money and hold the majority positions of power in this country and feel that all minorities and women who do hold very high positions are sitting jobs that rightfully should be held by white males like them.

Philly.com Mobile Edition'

It would be easy for people to think that black men are the only ones who don't parent their children. Especially when more than 50 percent of all African American children live without their fathers.

But here's the rub when it comes to black men and fatherhood: Perceptions of African Americans are so loaded with irresponsibility, absenteeism, and indifference that the scores of fathers who are doing right by their kids are seen as exceeding expectations, even to the point of being award-worthy.

Research shows that African American fathers, more than any other group, are more likely to maintain lasting relationships with their children when they don't live with them. And invisible are the dads who go about the everyday duties of raising their children by themselves, without fanfare - and, for those like Brown, despite myriad struggles.

Men like this guy aren't the exception when it comes to taking care of their kids. It pisses the Bass off when whites who live in suburbia and all points far away from black neighborhoods and black people speak like they're experts that know exactly everything whats wrong with black America and its always the same "its those good for nothing lazy, irresponsible *******" type responses.

Obama's Rebuke of Absentee Black Fathers - TIME

Stereotypes about negligent black fathers persist, promoted most vehemently by Bill Cosby, who has embarked on a national crusade against the alleged misbehavior of poor black families. And yet such stereotypes may have little basis in reality. Research by Boston College social psychologist Rebekah Levine Coley found that black fathers not living at home are more likely to keep in contact with their children than fathers of any other ethnic or racial group. Coley offers a more complex view of the causes of absenteeism among black fathers: the failure to live up to expectations to provide for their families--owing to stunted economic and educational opportunities--drives poor black men into despair and away from their families. Such findings undermine the arguments about black fathers' inherent pathology or moral lassitude. These men need jobs, not jabs.

Now for the idiots and jackass promoting notion that black irresponsibility, a false sense of entitlement to everything without working, ie, wanting handouts, and the victimology race card are the causes for some black fathers not being there and please back up your stupid claims with information backed by solid intensive research and not the rants clueless conservatives and uppity Negroes who just rant and rant.

Forum List

Back