Zone1 Blowing up the Meme that Blacks' Lack of Success is a Result of Racism

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh

"Currently, 88% of Asian kids live in married parent families; 77% of white kids; 62% of Hispanics and 38% of black children. For Whites, Blacks and Hispanics these are big drops from a decade or so ago. Overall, almost one in three children do not live in a two-parent home. Kearney, compiled data showing that, on average, children with only one parent are less likely to succeed academically, go to college, and be economically successful."

Not mentioned in the article...males raised in mother-only homes are more likely to drop out of school, abuse illegal substances, and get "involved with" the criminal justice system. No surprises.

Racism plays NO ROLE in the choice by Black women to have babies with no husband.

Add to that the black women dump their kids on their mothers, who at this point in time were single-mothers themselves living on the EBT/Medicaid.

This "song" came out 12 years ago so in theory her fatherless kids could have had another fatherless kid and dumped it on her.

"Currently, 88% of Asian kids live in married parent families; 77% of white kids; 62% of Hispanics and 38% of black children. For Whites, Blacks and Hispanics these are big drops from a decade or so ago. Overall, almost one in three children do not live in a two-parent home. Kearney, compiled data showing that, on average, children with only one parent are less likely to succeed academically, go to college, and be economically successful."

Not mentioned in the article...males raised in mother-only homes are more likely to drop out of school, abuse illegal substances, and get "involved with" the criminal justice system. No surprises.

Racism plays NO ROLE in the choice by Black women to have babies with no husband.
You certainly do worry about everyone but yerself. Are you claiming you care or are you just putting blacks in their place as a good-hearted white man? why do you only concentrate on black people when the story tells of how to lift these people out of poverty is to raise wages?

Last edited:
I was a single parent twice in the years spanning 1985-1998 and again 2010 to 2023. My kids graduated highschool and went on to work in the field of their choice. I however had several trades to earn decent money and lived in the same place for long periods, 15 years the first time and now over twenty years at the second.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
I was a single parent twice in the years spanning 1985-1998 and again 2010 to 2023. My kids graduated highschool and went on to work in the field of their choice. I however had several trades to earn decent money and lived in the same place for long periods, 15 years the first time and now over twenty years at the second.
Good for you, but so what? It just looks like you are not a black male or female, which is where the problem lies.

The only thing that stops someone from being successful is his/herself. Let that sink in for a minute or two. Race has nothing to do with it. Social status has nothing to do with it. Where someone was born has nothing to do with it. Who someone's parents are has nothing to do with it. Should I keep going?

All it takes to succeed is the right mindset, determination, and self motivation. Successful people do not give up when they fail; they get back up and keep going.

I'm a single parent and have been for 22 years. I don't and haven't relied on anyone but myself to provide for my kids. I put myself thru school more than once while working full time. I have always put my kids first and always will. Maybe that is part of the reason I've been as successful as I am: knowing that everything I do impacts them.

You certainly do worry about everyone but yerself. Are you claiming you care or are you just putting blacks in their place as a good-hearted white man? why do you only concentrate on black people when the story tells of how to lift these people out of poverty is to raise wages?
He likes to put Black folks down. I think it's because he has low self-esteem. :doubt:

ALL RISE!

This afternoons lesson:

Reality, not Opinion.

In 2017, Demos published a study titled, “The Asset Value of Whiteness:Understanding the Racial Wealth Gap.” On page ten, this statement is written:

“The median white single parent has 2.2 times more wealth than the median black two-parent household and 1.9 times more wealth than the median Latino two-parent household.”

Payscale did a two-year study from 2017 to 2019, and this is theirconclusion: “We find equal pay for equal work is still not a reality.” They studied the earnings of white men and men of color using data from 1.8 million employees. They found that no matter how far they advanced, blackmen made less than white men with the same qualifications. According to the study, “black men were the only racial/ethnic groupnot achieving pay parity with white men at some level.”

The National Women’s Law Center also showed that black women are paid less than other women. Black women are paid sixty-three cents for every dollar paid to white men based on calculations used in the study. Where this impacts black single mothers is this study shows a pay difference of over 20,000 dollars per year. “Black women have to work more than 19 months—until the very last day of July—to make as much as white, non-Hispanic men did in the previous 12-month calendar year.”

“Even after completing undergraduate and graduate degrees,black and Hispanic workers earned less than non-Hispanicwhite workers with the same, or often less, education.”

- Roy Eduardo Kokoyachuk, ThinkNow Research

This renders the unwed mother, fatherless home opinion meritless relative to income and poverty because a black couple can get married, daddy lives at home,and the family still makes less than whites.

Let this sink in, because it is reality, not opinion.

The only thing that stops someone from being successful is his/herself. Let that sink in for a minute or two. Race has nothing to do with it. Social status has nothing to do with it. Where someone was born has nothing to do with it. Who someone's parents are has nothing to do with it. Should I keep going?

All it takes to succeed is the right mindset, determination, and self motivation. Successful people do not give up when they fail; they get back up and keep going.

I'm a single parent and have been for 22 years. I don't and haven't relied on anyone but myself to provide for my kids. I put myself thru school more than once while working full time. I have always put my kids first and always will. Maybe that is part of the reason I've been as successful as I am: knowing that everything I do impacts them.
I’ve said the exact same thing, and have been called a racist. Anyone with the motivation and discipline, and right values, can at the very minimum move out of the tenements or the ghetto and move into the middle class, lower-middle at worse, within 10 years or so:

1) Stay in school
2) Get post-high school training, either college or vocational (Pell Grants)
3) Do not have babies before marriage

Negroes are responsible for their problems and many of ours. We do not need them and we would be better off without them. Without us they would quickly descend to the level of the Haitians.

Single mothers by race and percentage
Percentage of white single mothers40%
Percentage of single black mothers30%
Percentage of Hispanic single mothers24%
Percentage of Asian single mothers3%

Single mother statistics for 2023: Surprising facts about single moms

Those percentages are of total single moms. It lacks the context of racial percentages of the total population.

75% of the population is white
15% of the population is black

So, while only being 15% of the population, blacks account for 30% of single moms.

Single mothers by race and percentage
Percentage of white single mothers40%
Percentage of single black mothers30%
Percentage of Hispanic single mothers24%
Percentage of Asian single mothers3%

Single mother statistics for 2023: Surprising facts about single moms
I think you are trying to pull a fast one here

While it may be true that 40% of single mothers are white, whites are almost 70% of the population

Blacks otoh are over represented at 30% since they are only 12% of the population

OP. Turn black and come talk to me about this. Don't quote sellouts that you read.

ALL RISE!

This afternoons lesson:

Reality, not Opinion.

In 2017, Demos published a study titled, “The Asset Value of Whiteness:Understanding the Racial Wealth Gap.” On page ten, this statement is written:

“The median white single parent has 2.2 times more wealth than the median black two-parent household and 1.9 times more wealth than the median Latino two-parent household.”

Payscale did a two-year study from 2017 to 2019, and this is theirconclusion: “We find equal pay for equal work is still not a reality.” They studied the earnings of white men and men of color using data from 1.8 million employees. They found that no matter how far they advanced, blackmen made less than white men with the same qualifications. According to the study, “black men were the only racial/ethnic groupnot achieving pay parity with white men at some level.”

The National Women’s Law Center also showed that black women are paid less than other women. Black women are paid sixty-three cents for every dollar paid to white men based on calculations used in the study. Where this impacts black single mothers is this study shows a pay difference of over 20,000 dollars per year. “Black women have to work more than 19 months—until the very last day of July—to make as much as white, non-Hispanic men did in the previous 12-month calendar year.”

“Even after completing undergraduate and graduate degrees,black and Hispanic workers earned less than non-Hispanicwhite workers with the same, or often less, education.”

- Roy Eduardo Kokoyachuk, ThinkNow Research

This renders the unwed mother, fatherless home opinion meritless relative to income and poverty because a black couple can get married, daddy lives at home,and the family still makes less than whites.

Let this sink in, because it is reality, not opinion.
You don’t compare work location, experience, tenure, skills, etc. Not all employers of similar type jobs pay the same. It’s extremely doubtful that your so-called stats are legit.

Forum List

Back