Zone1 Blowing up the Meme that Blacks' Lack of Success is a Result of Racism

"Currently, 88% of Asian kids live in married parent families; 77% of white kids; 62% of Hispanics and 38% of black children. For Whites, Blacks and Hispanics these are big drops from a decade or so ago. Overall, almost one in three children do not live in a two-parent home. Kearney, compiled data showing that, on average, children with only one parent are less likely to succeed academically, go to college, and be economically successful."

Not mentioned in the article...males raised in mother-only homes are more likely to drop out of school, abuse illegal substances, and get "involved with" the criminal justice system. No surprises.

Racism plays NO ROLE in the choice by Black women to have babies with no husband.
I love how Republicans say racism doesn't exist until Trump is in front of a Mexican judge.

The only thing that stops someone from being successful is his/herself. Let that sink in for a minute or two. Race has nothing to do with it. Social status has nothing to do with it. Where someone was born has nothing to do with it. Who someone's parents are has nothing to do with it. Should I keep going?

All it takes to succeed is the right mindset, determination, and self motivation. Successful people do not give up when they fail; they get back up and keep going.

I'm a single parent and have been for 22 years. I don't and haven't relied on anyone but myself to provide for my kids. I put myself thru school more than once while working full time. I have always put my kids first and always will. Maybe that is part of the reason I've been as successful as I am: knowing that everything I do impacts them.
I‘ve basically said the same thing, and was called a racist for it. Apparently, unless one is willing to blame racism for the problems in the black underclass, and instead talk about motivation, discipline, and so forth, as the path to success, one is labeled a racist.

Forum List

Back