Who is for/against green living?

Why are you asking me? That wasn't what he was wrong about.

Obviously because you took issue with it.
Are you abandoning that now? It's so hard to tell. One minute it's "I'll neg you with my awesome three hundred points", next minute it's "who, me?" ... :confused:

and I'm stunned to learn you're a liberal, stunned I say stunned.

Aren't you the morons that kept nuclear from spreading and being cheaper?

yes, yes you morons are.

and now we have learned that your stance against nuclear wasn't fact based but feared based.

Whoa, little buddy, calm down.

The first paragraph was just an observation I've noticed, at least in the circles of people I talk to in my line of work, leasure, and day to day conversation. Again, not a lie, just my own personal observation.

Liberal? Call me what you want, but I consider myself an individual who has NO party affiliation. I like to decide on idividual issues by myself, I don't follow the party BS. Ever heard the term "same shit, different piles"?

And why do you think I'm against nuclear? I'm for it.

Where's my manners?

WELCOME TO USMB ANDY753.. Looking forward to your participation in these forums..

Your post seems to have some intelligence behind it, even though I don't agree with you 100%. I wish more people could post in a manner like this, a little more thought and less emotion.

And thank for the welcome, I am somewhat new here. Been lurking for a couple of years, and posting on and off for a while. For every 10 idiotic posts I read here, there is one good one. But then again, that's what makes it entertaining. Thanks, and your post had some good points.

wow, what a lying asshole

and I'm stunned to learn you're a liberal, stunned I say stunned.

Aren't you the morons that kept nuclear from spreading and being cheaper?

yes, yes you morons are.

and now we have learned that your stance against nuclear wasn't fact based but feared based.

So go fuck yourself ya lying hypocrite.

Whoa, little buddy, calm down.

The first paragraph was just an observation I've noticed, at least in the circles of people I talk to in my line of work, leasure, and day to day conversation. Again, not a lie, just my own personal observation.

Liberal? Call me what you want, but I consider myself an individual who has NO party affiliation. I like to decide on idividual issues by myself, I don't follow the party BS. Ever heard the term "same shit, different piles"?

And why do you think I'm against nuclear? I'm for it.

I'm afraid you've just been visited by the spirit of USMB Gadfly. Attacking in the intro forum, no less, which defines coward. I'd put him on Ignore since he obviously has no interest in rational debate.

Good luck out there. It can be done once you filter out the trolls.

PS don't play with the quote marks. It makes for chaos in the resulting posts.

Last edited:
Define Green Living.

Much of the so-called Green Living alternatives actually have very poor energy equations, and in reality are just collectivist propaganda.

Define Green Living.

Much of the so-called Green Living alternatives actually have very poor energy equations, and in reality are just collectivist propaganda.

Yup, there's a lot of blanket generalization rampant here too. It's a staple. We're trying to get it to the dump instead of the recycle bin. :thup:

I'm for nuclear as long as nobody lives within 30 miles of the unsightly plant. Same goes for all power plants. We are all dependent upon them. Just as long as I don't live close to one. I would fear for my family's health.

Is it age? It seems a good majority of older people don't believe in clean energy.
Is it polital party? Dems seem for it, republican against it.
Is it education? Smart people like it, low/uneducated seem to be against it.

I, for one, am for it. I know right now it has issues, but can you unlock your stubborn mind for a minute and think how advanced it will be in 20 years from now? 50? 100? You have to walk before you can run. If we keep saying drill, drill, drill, it WILL run out. Don't be ignorant. I doubt it will run out in my lifetime, but I have kids, and they will have kids, and they will have kids. Think about that, you old, stupid, republican fool.

I've had employees walk 30 feet past the recycle bin to throw their stuff in the garbage, yes, work harder and go out of their way in order to NOT RECYCLE. I didn't think this was possible, but it happens every day. Some people are amazing.

Interesting... So using kids to justify support of green initiatives is OK, but using same kids when saying they will have to pay for all the debt burden for ACA to QE is not. It's jsut shrugged off.

Check

-Geaux

Rejecting the green is a point of pride. It is part of the small rebellions that I try to do every day. I got keurig coffee maker just to throw away the plastic cup. I never recycle anything. My car is the biggest SUV that I could afford. Of course I vote against every green initiative offered.

Is it age? It seems a good majority of older people don't believe in clean energy.
Is it polital party? Dems seem for it, republican against it.
Is it education? Smart people like it, low/uneducated seem to be against it.

I, for one, am for it. I know right now it has issues, but can you unlock your stubborn mind for a minute and think how advanced it will be in 20 years from now? 50? 100? You have to walk before you can run. If we keep saying drill, drill, drill, it WILL run out. Don't be ignorant. I doubt it will run out in my lifetime, but I have kids, and they will have kids, and they will have kids. Think about that, you old, stupid, republican fool.

I've had employees walk 30 feet past the recycle bin to throw their stuff in the garbage, yes, work harder and go out of their way in order to NOT RECYCLE. I didn't think this was possible, but it happens every day. Some people are amazing.

First and foremost, Solar, Wind, and Geothermal do not produce the amount of electricity we need.

Second they are extremely expensive for the little they produce.

Third, Green Energy is a huge heavy industry dependent technology which takes a tremendous amount of natural resources. building the worlds largest solar plants is not producing the most energy, its simply using more fossil fuel faster, depleting what its suppose to save.

The amount of money Green Energy costs is money spent on Oil, Coal, and Natural gas.

Not one person who supports Green Energy ever looks into what it takes to build it.

Rejecting the green is a point of pride. It is part of the small rebellions that I try to do every day. I got keurig coffee maker just to throw away the plastic cup. I never recycle anything. My car is the biggest SUV that I could afford. Of course I vote against every green initiative offered.

You too?

-Geaux

Well now --- I'm not understanding the totally dismissive attitudes of some my "conservative" buds either. It's frustrating to wake up to heat pumps that don't work when it's cold out -- toilets that dont flush and lightbulbs that are overdesigned and take minutes to reach operating specs. And that crap generates backlash. So I understand the spiteful "resistance" angle.

But as far as the OP goes, recycling and reuse goes back to the frontier days. And most older folks in my life were ALREADY green before it had a political meaning. Making quilts, dresses out of flour sacks, keeping the old car running and having a storage bin full of reusable discards.

I would revolt at the MANDATES of a place like San Fran. But left to my own judgement and choices -- I'll play along quite nicely..

I don't know the answer, but speaking for me...doing anything I MYSELF can do to help mother earth, I will do.

Go solar ;)

I'm bet you throw those plastic bottle plastic holders in the trash without cutting the straps before hand?
phlcoke8pk.jpg

I make sure if I have any they are cut before I place them in the recycle can.

I think the Liberals could do a lot for the planet by not posting their "ideas" about Green Energy and Global Warming. Think of all the "fossil fuels" they burn posting these "ideas", it's killing the polar ice caps!

Osama bin Laden had a small carbon footprint, lived in a cave and send his messages by pigeon

I don't know the answer, but speaking for me...doing anything I MYSELF can do to help mother earth, I will do.

Go solar ;)

I'm bet you throw those plastic bottle plastic holders in the trash without cutting the straps before hand?
phlcoke8pk.jpg

Unless you live within a 100 miles of an ocean --- the chances of those plastic rings killing a sea turtle or choking a baby seal are pretty close to zero..

But --- we appreciate your dedication to the cause.. :lol:

phlcoke8pk.jpg

Unless you live within a 100 miles of an ocean --- the chances of those plastic rings killing a sea turtle or choking a baby seal are pretty close to zero..

But --- we appreciate your dedication to the cause.. :lol:

When my trash leaves the house I don't know where it goes. However even in landfills they pose some semblance of harm to land animals. But as I said I doubt he cuts them.

Forum List

Back