who honestly doesn't believe in evolution?

Do you believe evolution is real?

• Yes

Votes: 42 84.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
I am grounded in the belief that I was created in the image of God, by God, and nobody else created me except for him. However, I am pretty sure my wife evolved from monkeys.

I think the jury is still out on that one for me....We've had written history for thousands of years and no noted evolution of people. They used to think we've gotten taller, but then they found out that idea came from the left over armor, which it turns out were usually the "samples" which is why they survived...

I know girls are "maturing" faster physically, but I'm not sure that counts as evolution since I think it's related to hormones that are put in our food, making it more of a mutation than evolution.

I do not understand how we could have all started out black and then some of us became white, and some of us got slanted eyes....how did that evolve and why? Seems to me the white people are the ones who should have the slanted eyes, as the sun bugs us more....

Maybe we didn't "evolve", maybe we "mutated"?

ever been in old houses and bumped your head on the doorways?
People have gotten taller.

And we are evolving in a negative direction lately it seems.
The survival of the fittest has has been removed from the equation and now those with bad genetics are passing them on at an increasing rate due to medical improvements.

Just look at the Beck movement as an example ;)

The survival of the fittest has has been removed from the equation and now those with bad genetics are passing them on at an increasing rate due to medical improvements.

Yes, I've been in old houses, and the doorways are actually larger, in many cases. In some cases mostly in basements, they are smaller, but that's due to other factors besides people's height.

Yes, I've been in old houses, and the doorways are actually larger, in many cases. In some cases mostly in basements, they are smaller, but that's due to other factors besides people's height.

peoples height is not evolution it is just improved nutrition, medical care ..go to Europe and indeed doorways in buildings built hundreds of years ago are shorter most of the suits of armor are just over 5 ft but its hardly proof of evolution...btw believing is not knowing

Last edited:

peoples height is not evolution it is just improved nutrition, medical care ..go to Europe and indeed doorways in buildings built hundreds of years ago are shorter most of the suits of armor are just over 5 ft but its hardly proof of evolution...btw believing is not knowing

Well, that's true..

I've not been in old buildings in Europe, as I've not been to Europe. And yes, height is directly linked to nutrition, so again, not evolution. Evolution is a theory, I guess I need proof.....I'm not saying I don't believe in evolution, just saying I don't know...

So who doesn't believe in evolution? Not abiogenesis, but evolution.

I find it really hard to grasp that some people don't believe in evolution, which is proven, and I think many of those who question "evolution" are actually questioning abiogenesis:

Abiogenesis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Evolution has only been proven to exist INSIDE a species. There is no evidence that humans or animals have evolved from a totally different species.

Even if it came down to simply, "Who is more believable?" Those that push the supernatural or those that offer scientific evidence. I would still believe scientists, simply because they present so much evidence. Way beyond, "Gawd did it".

What is the evidence for evolution?

This is why Republicans don't get scientists:

528-72.gif

528-58.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if it came down to simply, "Who is more believable?" Those that push the supernatural or those that offer scientific evidence. I would still believe sciences, simply because they present so much evidence. Way beyond, "Gawd did it".

528-72.gif

528-58.gif

Holy shit, you're like a broken record..

Again, polling a few thousand scientist in the country doesn't speak for the rest.

Simple. Polls mean nothing.

Even if it came down to simply, "Who is more believable?" Those that push the supernatural or those that offer scientific evidence. I would still believe sciences, simply because they present so much evidence. Way beyond, "Gawd did it".

528-72.gif

528-58.gif

Again, polling a few thousand scientist in the country doesn't speak for the rest.

How many scientists need to be polled to bring the number of Republican scientists up to 30% or 40% or 50%?

It's not going to happen. These are some smart people. Most wouldn't belong to such a whacked out and radical political party.

Besides, why would Republicans want them anyway? The vast majority of scientists believe in evolution.

Right..

Once you get that Polls mean nothing you might realize something.

Oh yeah, reminds me a lot about political polls, meaningless.

528-72.gif

528-58.gif

The poll is actually from a subset of scientists and not all scientists to begin with. But Rdean won't post that information.

Evolution has only been proven to exist INSIDE a species.

...And when enough of those changes occur, a new species is designated.

Provide evidence that a single species of ANIMAL has ever evolved into 2 or more DIFFERENT species. That is what is claimed by evolution.

Not always! Evolution isn't always about a species changing into another species.

The ground squirrel is immune to rattle snake venom, and experts on rattle snake say that each animal is always evolving. The Rattle Snake so it can kill the squirrel and the Squirrel so it can survive a bite. Look at humans, we are much different from humans a couple thousand years ago.

Forum List

Back