Who here is an atheist?

Not supernatural just natural. Anything you see in the universe would seem super. And amazing and awe inspiring but natural none the less.

We will never know if there is a god or multiverse. The god hypothesis is ancient superstition. It’s an answer to whatever you don’t know. It’s wishful thinking and it’s keeping humanity down.

Think about how smart young kids are. You tell them the Big Bang started this universe because god did it. And it’s the only universe. Don’t even think about multiverse because it’s unknowable. Instead believe in god why?

I've said it before, but it bears repeating: Teach our young students science--and, teach them ethics and philosophy. Teach them that their religious beliefs are philosophy and ethics, not science. Religion/philosophy and science should be on parallel courses, not at cross purposes.

So. Big Bang.

What caused the "Big Bang"?

Did the Big Bang bring existence into existence? Or did something exist before that?

If so, how?

And what existed before God

God is the state of existence. God is the intelligent essence of eternity and creation.

Nothing happens just because. Such belief is illogical.
God is the state of existence? And he’s the intelligent essence of eternity? Where did you learn this?

Why did we happen? You know the reason?

Intellectually, the stronger position goes along with using actual definitions.
It does, eh? Okay then:

mag·ic
ˈmajik/
noun
  1. 1.
    the power of apparently influencing the course of events by using mysterious or supernatural forces.
    "do you believe in magic?"
    synonyms: sorcery, witchcraft, wizardry, necromancy, enchantment, the supernatural, occultism, the occult, black magic, the black arts, voodoo, hoodoo, mojo, shamanism; More
adjective
  1. 1.
    used in magic or working by magic; having or apparently having supernatural powers.
    "a magic wand"
    synonyms: supernatural, enchanted, occult
    "a magic spell"

.....you were saying? By the way, you dont win arguments by calling yourself smart....especially while saying something stupid and wrong in the same breath ..

Last edited:
God is the state of existence. God is the intelligent essence of eternity and creation.

it's a lot easier to call something illogical than it is to demonstrate that it is illogical, isn't it?

it's a lot easier to call something illogical than it is to demonstrate that it is illogical, isn't it?
Imagine growing up curious about how we got here and someone telling you they belong to a religion that has all the answers. In fact god visited 2000 years ago. Before that he visited the Jews.

And then fuck that kids head up by handing him all those holy books instead of a science book. No wonder we suck

Intellectually, the stronger position goes along with using actual definitions.
It does, eh? Okay then:

mag·ic
ˈmajik/
noun
  1. 1.
    the power of apparently influencing the course of events by using mysterious or supernatural forces.
    "do you believe in magic?"
    synonyms: sorcery, witchcraft, wizardry, necromancy, enchantment, the supernatural, occultism, the occult, black magic, the black arts, voodoo, hoodoo, mojo, shamanism; More
adjective
  1. 1.
    used in magic or working by magic; having or apparently having supernatural powers.
    "a magic wand"
    synonyms: supernatural, enchanted, occult
    "a magic spell"

.....you were saying? By the way, you dont win arguments by calling yourself smart....especially while saying something stupid and wrong in the same breath ..[/QUOTE]

This proves the point I was speaking to, that magic is not the same as acts of God. I did not call myself smart. I said I was going by accepted definitions. On the other hand, you flat out said you used the word "magic" in an effort to be derogatory towards something where you have no belief which follows that you can then know nothing about this Being.

Imagine growing up curious about how we got here and someone telling you they belong to a religion that has all the answers. In fact god visited 2000 years ago. Before that he visited the Jews.

And then fuck that kids head up by handing him all those holy books instead of a science book. No wonder we suck

I attended Catholic school. We were handed both Bibles and science books covering evolution. It was not an "instead". It was both.

I attended Catholic school. We were handed both Bibles and science books covering evolution. It was not an "instead". It was both.
Did our ancestors crawl out of the water? Is all life related?

My Catholic grandmother (also a nurse) was fond of saying our ancestry includes fish. :)

I am not sure all of that has been sorted out as of yet. Did cellular life begin in water, or did it begin in a mixture of mud and water, where some life forms sought water while others sought land? As far as I know, science has not declared that all life is related. Probably more accurately all life forms may have begun with, if not all the same, then with some of the same elements.

Catholics (or most of them) are comfortable with the idea of both God and evolution. We believe He is Creator, but we are content with science trying to figure out how life unfolded. Our religion centers on the spirit aspect of our lives and leaves the physical aspect to science. That being said, the Church position is that each individual can make up their own mind about evolution and how literal they believe the Bible to be.

As far as I know, science has not declared that all life is related.
The evidence shows us that not only are we all related, but that every single creature on the planet shares one common anceator. And I dont mean a single species; i mean a single individual of a single specoes.

It is classically illogical to believe that all things arose from nothing just because there are things.

What is the origin of things? Of the things that make up things? And why did they even have an origin?

It is classically illogical to believe that all things arose from nothing just because there are things.

What is the origin of things? Of the things that make up things? And why did they even have an origin?
Do you not understand 'We don't know'?

My Catholic grandmother (also a nurse) was fond of saying our ancestry includes fish. :)

I am not sure all of that has been sorted out as of yet. Did cellular life begin in water, or did it begin in a mixture of mud and water, where some life forms sought water while others sought land? As far as I know, science has not declared that all life is related. Probably more accurately all life forms may have begun with, if not all the same, then with some of the same elements.

Catholics (or most of them) are comfortable with the idea of both God and evolution. We believe He is Creator, but we are content with science trying to figure out how life unfolded. Our religion centers on the spirit aspect of our lives and leaves the physical aspect to science. That being said, the Church position is that each individual can make up their own mind about evolution and how literal they believe the Bible to be.
Talk to your fundamentalist brothers. Europe believes in global warming and evolution. The whole world does. Only America denies these facts. Why? Religion. Glad to see Catholics are progressive and no longer pretend the Old Testament is based in fact. God did not make Adam from dirt and eve from his rib. God didn’t poof land animals here like Boss believes

[That is true, I suppose, if gods are neither mysterious nor supernatural.

Ah, a common ground. Are you proposing instead of people using the word "magic" the word "supernatural" would work better as it is more precise? (Keep in mind there is nothing supernatural about a magic act.)

Talk to your fundamentalist brothers. Europe believes in global warming and evolution. The whole world does. Only America denies these facts. Why? Religion. Glad to see Catholics are progressive and no longer pretend the Old Testament is based in fact. God did not make Adam from dirt and eve from his rib. God didn’t poof land animals here like Boss believes

First, it is my opinion Fundamentalists (or literalists) are as wrong as some modern atheists are in how they read the Old Testament; they also (my opinion) have skewed some New Testament teachings. Our common ground is belief in God, and that is a good start and hopefully their main focal point. Second (and more accurately) the some in America who deny evolution and global warming get American press coverage. It is press coverage that makes it seem that America believes "differently." What is found in America will be found in every other country as well.

Global warming (or cooling) has taken place throughout Earth's existence. I doubt anyone will deny this. What a good many of us don't want are politicians trying to "fix" it. Why? Look at Al Gore. Politicians have a way of looking at any issue with an eye on how they can use the issue to make a personal fortune. Get politicians out of Global Warming.

First, it is my opinion Fundamentalists (or literalists) are as wrong as some modern atheists are in how they read the Old Testament; they also (my opinion) have skewed some New Testament teachings. Our common ground is belief in God, and that is a good start and hopefully their main focal point. Second (and more accurately) the some in America who deny evolution and global warming get American press coverage. It is press coverage that makes it seem that America believes "differently." What is found in America will be found in every other country as well.

Global warming (or cooling) has taken place throughout Earth's existence. I doubt anyone will deny this. What a good many of us don't want are politicians trying to "fix" it. Why? Look at Al Gore. Politicians have a way of looking at any issue with an eye on how they can use the issue to make a personal fortune. Get politicians out of Global Warming.

Don't try and spin your anti global warming crap. Yes you do want governments to fix global warming. Corporations won't. They don't care about clean air only profits.

Scientists say with all the new manufacturing china india mexico europe are doing that we are throwing up massive amounts of pollution and we are contributing to gw. Stop talking about natural earth cooling and heating. That's not what we are talking about here.

See, this is the perfect example of how your politics and/or religion has you duped on global warming. So you aren't denying evolution good but you are denying pollution because the corporate polluter party tells you so.

Why So Many Americans Don't 'Believe' In Evolution, Climate Change And Vaccines | HuffPost

So it's either your religion or politics making your side dumb.

Tell me, what does it matter that someone believe in god? Did god tell you he cared?

Don't try and spin your anti global warming crap. Yes you do want governments to fix global warming. Corporations won't. They don't care about clean air only profits.

Scientists say with all the new manufacturing china india mexico europe are doing that we are throwing up massive amounts of pollution and we are contributing to gw. Stop talking about natural earth cooling and heating. That's not what we are talking about here.

See, this is the perfect example of how your politics and/or religion has you duped on global warming. So you aren't denying evolution good but you are denying pollution because the corporate polluter party tells you so.

Why So Many Americans Don't 'Believe' In Evolution, Climate Change And Vaccines | HuffPost

So it's either your religion or politics making your side dumb.

Tell me, what does it matter that someone believe in god? Did god tell you he cared?

My religion has nothing to do with my stand on politics which is consistently, Keep government small to the point it is only involved in national security and infrastructure. I am all in favor of reducing government and never in favor of expanding it. From what I have read, the Pope is all in favor of having governments involved in Global warming, a position I am vehemently against-- even though I share the same faith as the Pope.

Forum List

Back