Lyonerweck or Rosinenschneck? = a German sausage roll or a sweet sweet German pastry?

I would chose ....

• Total voters

Zebra

Gold Member
May 29, 2023
Lyonerweck or Rosinenschneck? = a German sausage roll or a sweet sweet German pastry?

I hope you know these German names - like Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte :)

The Lyoner really deserves to be better known.

Lyoner Wurst​

(Fleischwurst)​

Lyoner wurst is a parboiled German sausage that consists of pork, bacon, garlic, and a variety of spices, although beef is sometimes also added to the combination. After the parboiling process, the sausage is hot-smoked, and both of its ends are tied with a string to give it the shape of a horseshoe ring.

The sausage gets its name from the French city of Lyon, which is believed to have been the home of this meat specialty. Lyoner wurst is often referred to as German bologna or garlicky bologna outside of Germany, whereas another common name used for this sausage variety in the country is fleischwurst.

The sausage can be enjoyed both chilled and warm, and it is typically eaten with dark bread or crusty bread rolls and a generous smear of mustard over it. Strips of Lyoner wurst are often combined with raw onion rings and pickles drenched in vinaigrette to create a traditional German wurstsalat (lit. sausage salad).

Today I bought such a Rosinenschnecke once again.

For: 1.60 Euro

Why not stick one or more up your backside and send us photos? But , because I am so caring , I just have to believe -- for your sakes -- that you are not so incredibly bland as you seem to be . Who knows about Blue things ? Have you visited Germany or outer Mongolia ?What did you think about it ? What about Bavarian blue things? Do you know anything else that is German ?Shall we all poll together, if that is not disgusting? Why do you hate Germans and their lovely food and drink ? Is it connected to the wars? Do you like torture ?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back