Who here is an atheist?

Don't try and spin your anti global warming crap. Yes you do want governments to fix global warming. Corporations won't. They don't care about clean air only profits.

Scientists say with all the new manufacturing china india mexico europe are doing that we are throwing up massive amounts of pollution and we are contributing to gw. Stop talking about natural earth cooling and heating. That's not what we are talking about here.

See, this is the perfect example of how your politics and/or religion has you duped on global warming. So you aren't denying evolution good but you are denying pollution because the corporate polluter party tells you so.

Why So Many Americans Don't 'Believe' In Evolution, Climate Change And Vaccines | HuffPost

So it's either your religion or politics making your side dumb.

Tell me, what does it matter that someone believe in god? Did god tell you he cared?

My religion has nothing to do with my stand on politics which is consistently, Keep government small to the point it is only involved in national security and infrastructure. I am all in favor of reducing government and never in favor of expanding it. From what I have read, the Pope is all in favor of having governments involved in Global warming, a position I am vehemently against-- even though I share the same faith as the Pope.

You don't think your religion plays a role in your politics but I bet that isn't true at all. You may not be a complete right wing lunatic but you have already proven for example that you tend to not believe in global warming. Or you don't think governments should get involved? Wow! So when corporations destroy the planet who should step in?

Yes the Pope is in favor of those things but I notice how many conservative catholics threw him under the bus as soon as his politics didn't jive with theirs. They chose their politics over their Pope. I found that very interesting. Or as soon as the found out how liberal he was they weren't happy with him as Pope. I remember a woman heard us talking about the pope and she blurted out DOGMA! lol

I also notice a lot of catholics take birth control even though the church used to frown on it.

I think catholicism is interesting because it shows how religion will change with the times. The catholics have come a long way since the days of killing Bruno Giordianno for him daring to suggest the earth was not the center of the universe.

You don't think your religion plays a role in your politics but I bet that isn't true at all. You may not be a complete right wing lunatic but you have already proven for example that you tend to not believe in global warming. Or you don't think governments should get involved? Wow! So when corporations destroy the planet who should step in?

Yes the Pope is in favor of those things but I notice how many conservative catholics threw him under the bus as soon as his politics didn't jive with theirs. They chose their politics over their Pope. I found that very interesting. Or as soon as the found out how liberal he was they weren't happy with him as Pope. I remember a woman heard us talking about the pope and she blurted out DOGMA! lol

I also notice a lot of catholics take birth control even though the church used to frown on it.

I think catholicism is interesting because it shows how religion will change with the times. The catholics have come a long way since the days of killing Bruno Giordianno for him daring to suggest the earth was not the center of the universe.

I've studied global warming more than likely long before you and others. My statement stands. Government is not the answer.

It is classically illogical to believe that all things arose from nothing just because there are things.
Why? See...it's a lot easier to call something illogical than it is to demonstrate WHY it is illogical, isnt it?

And I am curious who you are talking about, as that is not the argument anyone made. People asked why it would not be possible for something to arise from nothing, or for the universe to have "always been".

Then you need to ask for your college money back, because you say things at odds with scientists on that topic.
Scientists are saying politicians should fix global warming? Hmm. You're right. Our material on climate change never insisted that government involvement is the world's only hope. (Which, in my opinion, would leave no hope at all.)

Then you need to ask for your college money back, because you say things at odds with scientists on that topic.
Scientists are saying politicians should fix global warming? Hmm. You're right. Our material on climate change never insisted that government involvement is the world's only hope. (Which, in my opinion, would leave no hope at all.)
What? Damn you are weird. I responded to your claims of studying global warming by pointing out your goofy denial garbage.

But yes, government will have to get involved.

Last edited:
It is classically illogical to believe that all things arose from nothing just because there are things.
Why? See...it's a lot easier to call something illogical than it is to demonstrate WHY it is illogical, isnt it?

And I am curious who you are talking about, as that is not the argument anyone made. People asked why it would not be possible for something to arise from nothing, or for the universe to have "always been".

Logically, nothing cannot make something, because it is nothing. The Universe cannot logically have always been, because it requires something to construct it.

The Universe cannot logically have always been, because it requires something to construct it.
See, wrong again. It can logically, because it requires nothing to construct it. You are not recognizing the difference between evaluating the truth of premises and valid logical method. ANYTHING can be logical, depending on the premises. You are trying to cloak your authoritative declarations in a mask of "logic", but that will not work on me. The dispute is not, "what is logical", but "what is true". You make ascertain assertions. But you are not constructing these asserttins from logic...you are arguing from them.

ANYTHING can be logical, depending on the premises. You are trying to cloak your authoritative declarations in a mask of logic, but that will not work on me.

That is because you are not logical.

Hoo, boy. :lmao:
You are still mixed up. Those claims are only "not logical" when your premises are accepted as true. You can't assert those claims are not logical, without arguing for the truth of your premises first.

ANYTHING can be logical, depending on the premises. You are trying to cloak your authoritative declarations in a mask of logic, but that will not work on me.

And yes, anything can be "logical". I can argue, with valid logic, that the Moon is made of cheese.

You go right ahead.
Why do that exercise? You don't agree? Trust me, it's easy. Logic is a method. Valid logic follows the rules of that method.

Valid logic:

Something can come from nothing.

The universe is something

Therefore, the universe may have come from nothing.

And yes, anything can be "logical". I can argue, with valid logic, that the Moon is made of cheese.

You go right ahead.
Why do that exercise? You don't agree? Trust me, it's easy/ Logic is a method. Valid logic follows the rules of that method.

Valid logic:

Yer a wacko. Here's a cough drop.

You go right ahead.
Why do that exercise? You don't agree? Trust me, it's easy/ Logic is a method. Valid logic follows the rules of that method.

Valid logic:

Yer a wacko. Here's a cough drop.
Settle down there big guy. That is, indeed, an example of valid logic. Now, we are left to argue the truth of the premises, in order to decide if it is somehwat sound logic, and therefore a compelling argument.

Forum List

Back