Who here have read the works of C.S. Lewis?

Some. I agreed with most. Can't think of what I didn't agree with off the top of my head.

I read C.S. Lewis books almost exclusively in a stage of my life when I was deciding whether to accept or reject my Catholic faith.

C.S. Lewis' book "Mere Christianity" made an excellent case that Christianity is true, and worthy of belief.

C.S. Lewis was a member of the Anglican Church, so he could not get me all the way to Catholicism.

It is well know that J.R.R. Tolkien, a devout Catholic, had a big influence on converting Lewis from atheist to Christian.

Tolkien was annoyed that Lewis would not take the final step and convert to Catholicism.

It is also well known that Lewis married a divorced woman, which at the time was a violation of the Anglican faith.

But he did it anyway, and left it for God to judge him.

C.S. Lewis also wrote the Chronicles of Narnia, which is a Christian story disguised as a fairy tale.

The killing of Aslan was probably the most horrible thing I've ever seen in a children's book.

Kids go to church and learn about Jesus?
Kids watch TV?
Kids go to movies?
Kids watch wrestling?
Kids ever go to a farm, hunt or fish?

I read C.S. Lewis books almost exclusively in a stage of my life when I was deciding whether to accept or reject my Catholic faith.

C.S. Lewis' book "Mere Christianity" made an excellent case that Christianity is true, and worthy of belief.

C.S. Lewis was a member of the Anglican Church, so he could not get me all the way to Catholicism.

It is well know that J.R.R. Tolkien, a devout Catholic, had a big influence on converting Lewis from atheist to Christian.

Tolkien was annoyed that Lewis would not take the final step and convert to Catholicism.

It is also well known that Lewis married a divorced woman, which at the time was a violation of the Anglican faith.

C.S. Lewis also wrote the Chronicles of Narnia, which is a Christian story disguised as a fairy tale.

The killing of Aslan was probably the most horrible thing I've ever seen in a children's book.
Most of his stuff...Mere Christianity, The Screwtape Letters, Narnia.

Who hasn't?
You would be surprised at how ignorant today's kids are. They no longer require them to read anything in school. Once they teach them to read, that's it. That don't assign them to read ANY books. My kid gets less reading done during the school year than he does on summer break. He doesn't have time to read during the school year, they want to keep them busy so they don't learn anything. I SHIT YOU NOT.
My kid has to read several books in a school year..I even had to replace one he lost...
That's true. There are regional differences. My kids schools has been taken over by a corporation. They are more concerned with making corporate workers than educated citizens. lol
I much prefer rural schools over big city schools...

Who hasn't?
You would be surprised at how ignorant today's kids are. They no longer require them to read anything in school. Once they teach them to read, that's it. That don't assign them to read ANY books. My kid gets less reading done during the school year than he does on summer break. He doesn't have time to read during the school year, they want to keep them busy so they don't learn anything. I SHIT YOU NOT.
My kid has to read several books in a school year..I even had to replace one he lost...
That's true. There are regional differences. My kids schools has been taken over by a corporation. They are more concerned with making corporate workers than educated citizens. lol
Can't get more rural than the school my son goes to. lol Well, maybe a one room school house.

His graduating class will be under 100 kids.

Who hasn't?
Can't get more rural than to school my son goes to. lol Well, maybe a one room school house.

His graduating class will be under 100 kids.
The school my son goes to is an elementary and Jr. high...the county has the high school..

Might I suggest this
A Hobbit a Wardrobe and a Great War

Got mine on order

Forum List

Back