Who else has said no to recycling?

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
I keep hearing reports of folks having to pay to recycle things like household batteries, lightbulbs, then they quit taking Styrofoam.

In my AO, more often than not, they just dump the recycle bin in with the rest of the trash if they don't have enough help that day to run the recycling truck.

I quit messing with it.

2ats89kd0ea41.webp

Styrofoam goes in the burn barrel. Light bulbs and batteries go in the garbage that goes to the township dump.

Unless of course, they're Li-Ion or button cells, in which case they go in the burn barrel too. I like to hear them pop, like the old, corroded ammunition I also throw in the burn barrel.

Styrofoam goes in the burn barrel. Light bulbs and batteries go in the garbage that goes to the township dump.

Unless of course, they're Li-Ion or button cells, in which case they go in the burn barrel too. I like to hear them pop, like the old, corroded ammunition I also throw in the burn barrel.
I just figure it all looks the same in a black trash bag. ;)

Do continue recycling your copper and aluminum ... these are quite valuable and you should be getting paid for these materials ... iron and steel and well, though we aren't getting paid for these here ...

Motor oil and car batteries are recycled because of the toxic parts ... that's more of an environmental issue ...

Keep a couple cubic meters of Styrofoam on hand ... never know when we'll need to defend our 2nd Amendment rights ... if folks don't want us playing with guns, then we'll play with high explosives ... fair enough ...

Forum List

Back