Who do you think are God's chosen people?

Of course you are allowed to defend yourself, its a natural built in instinct ,self preservation. I do not think emotions are involved in morality. That is not an emotion but an instinctive reaction when you determined it was him or me.
I am sure you know what is moral and not. Its built in, unless ones upbringing was so faulty one becomes a sociopath.
Yes, I was allowed to defend myself but questioned the matter because I really did not want to have to shoot him. Not only would I have had that on my conscience which would be hard to overcome but it would have also made one hell of a mess.

Per instincts we have two sides in that, one a spiritual side that is from the breath of God, and the carnal side which is that portion made of earth (dust, carnal being-beastly portion, that son of perdition portion of us). Thankfully that day the spiritual side was stronger than the carnal side or a young man would have been dead, and I would have had a mess in my house, along with the guilt I would have had. Shame is not easy to overcome.

A lot of reasons and factors that people can grow up to act like or be sociopaths so I'll save that discussion for another day.

So you would rather of been killed that to kill another human being?
That is what was so hard for me in making that call back then. The pistol was slid down beside the mattress and wooden waterbed frame. I tried and tried to talk him into getting off of me as I had reached my left arm down and had the pistol worked around in my hand and ready to pull up and shoot. I only weighed 98lbs and he was a pretty good size healthy young man. At the point where I knew his anger was growing intensely and I was left with only one of two options, either shoot him or take that chance of him raping me and doing me in and possibly hurting my children who were still asleep in their bedrooms, I pulled the gun up and put it to his temple and said, "Get your ass off of me or I am going to blow it away". He didn't jump, he literally flew off of me and landed about six feet from the end of the bed. He stood there trembling as he said, "I was just kidding". I told him not something he should kid about. A few other things were said and I told him, "now get out!" It was about two years later he stopped me on the sidewalk as I was going into a store in a town nearby. He asked, "Hey do you remember me?" I was thinking, 'Yeah you little prick how could I forget'. He pleaded with me to let me show him something. It took a lot of "please" from him but I finally relented and walked up the street about a block with him. He had me stand on the sidewalk as he went into the little cafe, asking me, 'please, just wait here for a second'. He came back out with a beautiful little girl in his arms. He told me she was his little girl, how he took her to Sunday school every week. Then he started thanking me for saving him. I told him "thank God, I was going to shoot your ass".

Did you know him or did he break into your home?
I did not really know him. The night before my cousin had asked me if I would go out with her to a bar with band and a dance floor as she did not have a car or a way to get out to meet other people. Grand' said it would be nice of me to take her out and she'd watch the children while we were out. Dropped the children at grand's picked up cousin, drove to larger town nearby. Right away she went off onto the dance floor. She had met this guy about a half an hour after we got there, came by told me told me his name, then they disappeared. Later when I decided it was time to go she'd had enough time to make friends I couldn't find her. It took me awhile but I finally found her I told I was tired and it was time for me to go home...(a few details left out not worthy of mention)... she said she would get a ride from home with her new friends. She had been staying at my grand's house for the most part who lived near a different town but had stayed a few times in the empty apartment next to mine (grand' owned both apartments). I had all my doors locked so not sure how he got the one of the locks unlocked as I had checked them all when I got home after picking up the children from grand's house. I'd drove home, got them into to bed for the night, and check the locks before crawling into bed. The checking the locks was routine since a guy that I had gone out with before moving there had made some very serious threats when I told him it was over (old boyfriend had gotten a window open I didn't know was unlock and it was a second story window- that's how sheriff got involved watching over me). I had assumed cousins new found friends would have taken her to grand's house and dropped her off but they didn't she went to the empty apartment next to where the children and I lived. The sheriff and deputies had watched over me fairly well there and when I work in a small town nearby at a lounge, cafe, motel they would patrol there. They would cruise the parking lots all around my building that set at the edge of town at night to make sure I was safe because the children and I were alone there. The sheriff told me several times, if anyone ever comes into your house and "is a threat don't hesitate shoot them, better them than you".

Well really you didn't know him, just of him. He certainty tried to take advantage of you, breaking and entering in your home and tried to rape you.I guess that is when a gun comes in handy, in your home, being attacked. Glad it turned out well, you not shooting him and his reaction. Reading stories like yours makes me think of getting a gun, or a stun gun, we do not have guns. I would do everything I could to fight for my life if attacked and if one has kids its their duty to protect the kids from intruders. I think one acts and depends on adrenaline and instinct when attacked.

Aren't we all god's children? Why would he play favorites? Is god a fucking douchebag?

I've never heard your 'two rooms' story but feel free to share.
Here you go...

"One day a man said to God, “God, I would like to know what Heaven and Hell are like.”

God showed the man two doors. Inside the first one, in the middle of the room, was a large round table with a large pot of stew. It smelled delicious and made the man’s mouth water, but the people sitting around the table were thin and sickly. They appeared to be famished. They were holding spoons with very long handles and each found it possible to reach into the pot of stew and take a spoonful, but because the handle was longer than their arms, they could not get the spoons back into their mouths.

The man shuddered at the sight of their misery and suffering. God said, “You have seen Hell.”

Behind the second door, the room appeared exactly the same. There was the large round table with the large pot of wonderful stew that made the man’s mouth water. The people had the same long-handled spoons, but they were well nourished and plump, laughing and talking.

The man said, “I don’t understand.”

God smiled. It is simple, he said, Love only requires one skill. These people learned early on to share and feed one another. While the greedy only think of themselves…"

BTW, Hell is a spiritual place, just as heaven is. We can see hell manifest many times through people in their self inflicted suffering pretty easily if we take the time to look.
And not just others. We also need to be aware of the hell within ourselves. There are those times where we inflict suffering on others and we don't even know it. But you are right, if we look, we'll see it.
Thank you. Greed can always a problem among humans but so can envy, pride, resentment and other things. I think starting out from poverty makes it very hard for some but also too much can do worse if one believes that they are absolutely entitled and have become spoiled. I've seen both and many things in between. I have lived in poverty and have done very well at times both have there moments to learn from if we are paying attention.

Your story reminds me of people who also drive by another broke down along the road without ever thinking to stop and see if they can help. Some live in such fear now do to the overloads and crimes in city areas too. I've traveled with a large dog with me at all times for years so have stopped for many to help when I am out and about. I don't think I would go into some areas of some of our cities now though and that is a shame that it has been allowed to get so bad. I also noticed some real bitterness and distrust that is not necessary among people in city areas and country areas alike. (here we live among thieves and that also creates a lot of problems for people- greed can be attributed in that case to)

I watched a documentary about trying to get food to areas of famine. The rebel/thugs would steal the food and sell it so the people starving were not getting it. They would run and pick up whatever they could and when the rebels got close they would run. Either the beans needed to be dispersed in a manner that the rebels wouldn't trouble themselves or the people needed guardians to make sure that what was intended for them got to them.

Summation, how do you provide 'love one another' and the basics to get there when a lot of the people refuse to do that and serpents have been allowed into the city by the people? It has to get to a point that those people want help or you would just be considered an invader.

The question crossed my mind as I read through so many claims from so many different groups. Who do you think are the chosen and why do you think that?

I would be interested to hear the different opinions.
I don't believe anyone's opinion matters on the subject. The Word of God is clear that the Jews are God's chosen people. God's Word is the final Word and the Only Word that matters.

Scriptures that confirm the Jews as God's chosen people:

Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:

------

For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth. The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people: But because the LORD loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers, hath the LORD brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt.

-------

Thou hast avouched the LORD this day to be thy God, and to walk in his ways, and to keep his statutes, and his commandments, and his judgments, and to hearken unto his voice: And the LORD hath avouched thee this day to be his peculiar people, as he hath promised thee, and that thou shouldest keep all his commandments; And to make thee high above all nations which he hath made, in praise, and in name, and in honour; and that thou mayest be an holy people unto the LORD thy God, as he hath spoken.

------------

And what one nation in the earth is like thy people, even like Israel, whom God went to redeem for a people to himself, and to make him a name, and to do for you great things and terrible, for thy land, before thy people, which thou redeemedst to thee from Egypt, from the nations and their gods? For thou hast confirmed to thyself thy people Israel to be a people unto thee for ever: and thou, LORD, art become their God.

-----------

O LORD, there is none like thee, neither is there any God beside thee, according to all that we have heard with our ears. And what one nation in the earth is like thy people Israel, whom God went to redeem to be his own people, to make thee a name of greatness and terribleness, by driving out nations from before thy people, whom thou hast redeemed out of Egypt?

----------

He hath remembered his covenant for ever, the word which he commanded to a thousand generations. Which covenant he made with Abraham, and his oath unto Isaac; And confirmed the same unto Jacob for a law, and to Israel for an everlasting covenant:

----------

But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine. When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour: I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee.

---------

At the same time, saith the LORD, will I be the God of all the families of Israel, and they shall be my people. Thus saith the LORD, The people which were left of the sword found grace in the wilderness; even Israel, when I went to cause him to rest. The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.

----------

They shall come with weeping, and with supplications will I lead them: I will cause them to walk by the rivers of waters in a straight way, wherein they shall not stumble: for I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is my firstborn. Hear the word of the LORD, O ye nations, and declare it in the isles afar off, and say, He that scattered Israel will gather him, and keep him, as a shepherd doth his flock. For the LORD hath redeemed Jacob, and ransomed him from the hand of him that was stronger than he.

---------

But fear not thou, O my servant Jacob, and be not dismayed, O Israel: for, behold, I will save thee from afar off, and thy seed from the land of their captivity; and Jacob shall return, and be in rest and at ease, and none shall make him afraid. Fear thou not, O Jacob my servant, saith the LORD: for I am with thee; for I will make a full end of all the nations whither I have driven thee: but I will not make a full end of thee, but correct thee in measure; yet will I not leave thee wholly unpunished.

-------------

For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land. Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

-----------

And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land: And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all: Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwelling places, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God.

------------

For, behold, in those days, and in that time, when I shall bring again the captivity of Judah and Jerusalem, I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for my people and for my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted my land.

-------------

Hear this word that the LORD hath spoken against you, O children of Israel, against the whole family which I brought up from the land of Egypt, saying, You only have I known of all the families of the earth: therefore I will punish you for all your iniquities.

----------

I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying,

--------------

For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people.......

Jesus Christ did not come to do away with the law but to fulfill it.

True but if they have requested the salvation it will come in time. There is a scripture that covers that. Jesus told them not to drink of his cup if they were not worthy. Also one that tells us not to think more of ourselves that what we are. Some preachers have taught boldness and being demanding but from my own experiences I would say try to be humble. If we aren't we will be humbled. Solomon also gave the clue when the two women came before him claiming the child was theirs. The real mother wants the child to live not die and if it requires that the child be with an imposter it is still better than a dead child. We judge things in a very temporary state when that 'life' given by the spirit of the creator is eternal. People subject themselves to all kinds of things here in that baby walk stage.
That is true. It also reminds me of the question, "What is the opposite of Love?" Many people think it is hate. But there are some people who "love to hate". Fear, on the other hand, is not something a person can have at the same time they love. Those two emotions are completely opposite from each other. If you are in a state of fear, you do not love. If you come from a place of love, you do not fear.

Similar to your metaphor, if a 2 year old walks out into the street in front of an oncoming car and the mother sees this, she takes off running after the kid. At that moment in time, she does not fear the car and what it brings, she just knows she loves that baby and will put her life on the line to save it.

There is also a stage where one learns to recognize between acts people do of/for the flesh and the ones that are of the spirit of the Son. As humans without the spirit teaching us we do not know the difference.
Like the story of the "two rooms" when someone asks God what is hell like? And HE takes the man in to one room with a bunch of people sitting around a big pot of food with long forks. Forks so long that they could reach the food in the pot, but too long to put in their mouth after they got it. Everyone was starving. Everyone was suffering. That was hell.

Then God takes the man in another room that had the same pot with a bunch of people sitting around it with the same long forks. But in this room, everyone was laughing and having a good time. No one was suffering.

Do you know the difference between the two rooms?

BTW, Hell is a spiritual place, just as heaven is. We can see hell manifest many times through people in their self inflicted suffering pretty easily if we take the time to look.
Hell is a literal place and those who reject Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior shall find themselves there. It is not a matter of works. Those who have been adopted into the family of Abraham are justified by faith just as Abraham was justified by faith. There is no other way to enter the kingdom of heaven. Ye must be born again (see John Chapter 3).

Jesus Christ reveals hell in recounting the life (on earth) of a "certain rich man" and the dialogue this man had with Abraham. Abraham was not in hell but could be seen from there (hell has no water). This actually happened. This is not a parable. This is Jesus Christ telling us what actually transpired and reveals the desperation of those who must spend all of eternity in a place called hell.

The reality of hell:

There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:

And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,

And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.

And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:

For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.

Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.

And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.

And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

Luke 16: 19-31

Last edited:
The question crossed my mind as I read through so many claims from so many different groups. Who do you think are the chosen and why do you think that?

I don't believe anyone's opinion matters on the subject. The Word of God is clear that the Jews are God's chosen people. God's Word is the final Word and the Only Word that matters.

Scriptures that confirm the Jews as God's chosen people:

Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:

------

For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth. The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people: But because the LORD loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers, hath the LORD brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt.

-------

Thou hast avouched the LORD this day to be thy God, and to walk in his ways, and to keep his statutes, and his commandments, and his judgments, and to hearken unto his voice: And the LORD hath avouched thee this day to be his peculiar people, as he hath promised thee, and that thou shouldest keep all his commandments; And to make thee high above all nations which he hath made, in praise, and in name, and in honour; and that thou mayest be an holy people unto the LORD thy God, as he hath spoken.

------------

And what one nation in the earth is like thy people, even like Israel, whom God went to redeem for a people to himself, and to make him a name, and to do for you great things and terrible, for thy land, before thy people, which thou redeemedst to thee from Egypt, from the nations and their gods? For thou hast confirmed to thyself thy people Israel to be a people unto thee for ever: and thou, LORD, art become their God.

-----------

O LORD, there is none like thee, neither is there any God beside thee, according to all that we have heard with our ears. And what one nation in the earth is like thy people Israel, whom God went to redeem to be his own people, to make thee a name of greatness and terribleness, by driving out nations from before thy people, whom thou hast redeemed out of Egypt?

----------

He hath remembered his covenant for ever, the word which he commanded to a thousand generations. Which covenant he made with Abraham, and his oath unto Isaac; And confirmed the same unto Jacob for a law, and to Israel for an everlasting covenant:

----------

But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine. When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour: I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee.

---------

At the same time, saith the LORD, will I be the God of all the families of Israel, and they shall be my people. Thus saith the LORD, The people which were left of the sword found grace in the wilderness; even Israel, when I went to cause him to rest. The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.

----------

They shall come with weeping, and with supplications will I lead them: I will cause them to walk by the rivers of waters in a straight way, wherein they shall not stumble: for I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is my firstborn. Hear the word of the LORD, O ye nations, and declare it in the isles afar off, and say, He that scattered Israel will gather him, and keep him, as a shepherd doth his flock. For the LORD hath redeemed Jacob, and ransomed him from the hand of him that was stronger than he.

---------

But fear not thou, O my servant Jacob, and be not dismayed, O Israel: for, behold, I will save thee from afar off, and thy seed from the land of their captivity; and Jacob shall return, and be in rest and at ease, and none shall make him afraid. Fear thou not, O Jacob my servant, saith the LORD: for I am with thee; for I will make a full end of all the nations whither I have driven thee: but I will not make a full end of thee, but correct thee in measure; yet will I not leave thee wholly unpunished.

-------------

For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land. Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

-----------

And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land: And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all: Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwelling places, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God.

------------

For, behold, in those days, and in that time, when I shall bring again the captivity of Judah and Jerusalem, I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for my people and for my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted my land.

-------------

Hear this word that the LORD hath spoken against you, O children of Israel, against the whole family which I brought up from the land of Egypt, saying, You only have I known of all the families of the earth: therefore I will punish you for all your iniquities.

----------

I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying,

--------------

For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people.......

Jesus Christ did not come to do away with the law but to fulfill it.
Thank you Jeri.

A lot of people have forgot to read this verse, "Jesus Christ did not come to do away with the law but to fulfill it." As an ensample he provided the pattern for his people to follow him to walk in truth and love but the law remains viable always. When someone says the 'law' no longer applies they are in error. Some call it 'karma' and others just think their misery, tribulations and strife just came from out of the blue.

None since an all-loving, all-merciful God wouldn't arbitrarily select some over others.

IMHO, the difference is between people who choose to live righteously, in God's grace, and those who do not.

True but if they have requested the salvation it will come in time. There is a scripture that covers that. Jesus told them not to drink of his cup if they were not worthy. Also one that tells us not to think more of ourselves that what we are. Some preachers have taught boldness and being demanding but from my own experiences I would say try to be humble. If we aren't we will be humbled. Solomon also gave the clue when the two women came before him claiming the child was theirs. The real mother wants the child to live not die and if it requires that the child be with an imposter it is still better than a dead child. We judge things in a very temporary state when that 'life' given by the spirit of the creator is eternal. People subject themselves to all kinds of things here in that baby walk stage.
That is true. It also reminds me of the question, "What is the opposite of Love?" Many people think it is hate. But there are some people who "love to hate". Fear, on the other hand, is not something a person can have at the same time they love. Those two emotions are completely opposite from each other. If you are in a state of fear, you do not love. If you come from a place of love, you do not fear.

Similar to your metaphor, if a 2 year old walks out into the street in front of an oncoming car and the mother sees this, she takes off running after the kid. At that moment in time, she does not fear the car and what it brings, she just knows she loves that baby and will put her life on the line to save it.

There is also a stage where one learns to recognize between acts people do of/for the flesh and the ones that are of the spirit of the Son. As humans without the spirit teaching us we do not know the difference.
Like the story of the "two rooms" when someone asks God what is hell like? And HE takes the man in to one room with a bunch of people sitting around a big pot of food with long forks. Forks so long that they could reach the food in the pot, but too long to put in their mouth after they got it. Everyone was starving. Everyone was suffering. That was hell.

Then God takes the man in another room that had the same pot with a bunch of people sitting around it with the same long forks. But in this room, everyone was laughing and having a good time. No one was suffering.

Hell is a literal place and those who reject Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior shall find themselves there. It is not a matter of works. Those who have been adopted into the family of Abraham are justified by faith just as Abraham was justified by faith. There is no other way to enter the kingdom of heaven. Ye must be born again (see John Chapter 3).
Some think they are born again yet still return to their own carnal ways and follow their own precepts. The kingdom is found within, Luke 17

The word of God, was wrote by many men.
Historically people have had experiences of the divine and it is recorded as such. I know a lot of people do not consider that God can use anyone at any time to leave a message but the truth is he can. It is up to us to look and seek it all out in truth. Choosing that which is good helps for those lacking in the discernment part. Most people know what is 'good', doing right and what is 'bad', doing wrong.

Aren't we all god's children? Why would he play favorites? Is god a fucking douchebag?

No Virginia, 'we' are not all Gods children.

No one who does not do what is right is God's child.
My children are my children no matter what they do, not only when they're good. Is god really that much of a douche that he only considers you his child if you obey him?

Jesus Christ reveals hell in recounting the life (on earth) of a "certain rich man" and the dialogue this man had with Abraham. Abraham was not in hell but could be seen from there (hell has no water). This actually happened. This is not a parable. This is Jesus Christ telling us what actually transpired and reveals the desperation of those who must spend all of eternity in a place called hell.

The reality of hell:

There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:

And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,

And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.

And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:

For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.

Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.

And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.

And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

Luke 16: 19-31
So where is hell? :dunno:

Historically people have had experiences of the divine and it is recorded as such. I know a lot of people do not consider that God can use anyone at any time to leave a message but the truth is he can. It is up to us to look and seek it all out in truth. Choosing that which is good helps for those lacking in the discernment part. Most people know what is 'good', doing right and what is 'bad', doing wrong.
Right and wrong are subjective, just ask those who were stretched on the rack by the Catholic church.

Right and wrong are subjective, just ask those who were stretched on the rack by the Catholic church.
My concern is for what is being done today in God's name.

God's chosen people are the Swedes, Norwegians and to a lesser extent Finns and Danes. Lets stick with the Swedes and Norwegians. God gave them an idyllic and scenic refuge from an ugly strife torn world, and He gave them big, highly evolved brains, enabling them to stay on the sidelines of the fervid, fevered and fatal fights besetting the rest of mankind.

God's chosen people are the Swedes, Norwegians and to a lesser extent Finns and Danes. Lets stick with the Swedes and Norwegians. God gave them an idyllic and scenic refuge from an ugly strife torn world, and He gave them big, highly evolved brains, enabling them to stay on the sidelines of the fervid, fevered and fatal fights besetting the rest of mankind.
They can't be God's chosen people, they suck at hockey.

I've always been taught that the Jews were chosen to be the keepers of the Word of God or God's covenant was with them, and as a Christian there was a new covenant made after Christ, with us.

I'm not certain what all that means???

Forum List

Back