who do you donate to?

553978_549619618405098_253297648_n.jpg

I give all of my charitable donations to Citymeals-on-Wheels - Delivering Meals on wheels to seniors in need

Citymeals-on-Wheels delivers prepared meals to NY's homebound elderly.

From what I've found, the donations go 100% toward actual delivery of said meals.
It's the work of the angels.

I donate money to my church, PPP, the NRA, The FAF, and the SAF.
I donate my time to several groups, my family and friends.
I donate my heart to my wife.

I am a member of PETA (people eating tasty animals)

Last edited:
I donate hand-made quilt tops to the Charity Bees of our local Quilt guild. The girls quilt or tie them and use them to raise funds, scholarships at Sam Houston U, give to the abuse shelter children, hugs quilt project, local elder care homes, and wounded veterans. Some of the vet quilts are raffled each year, and the money goes to the H.E.A.R.T.S. veterans historical museum. They're a community-spirited group with a long reach around the county and state, and I love all that they do for others.

St. Judes.
Local food pantries.
Toys fer Tots
Make a Wish
USO

Once a month I go to the gas station down the street and buy a tank of gas for a random stranger. That's always a hoot.

I also donate to various local liquor stores, but they always insist on giving me something in return. :D

ASPCA
Humane Society
Noah's Bark
Happy Cat Rescue
Colorado Springs Zoo
Pet Smart Help Homeless Animals

Not a single cent to any charity that gives a sliver of benefit to people. From the look of it such help isn't at all needed.

Good choice of charities there.

I would like to donate my time and ears to a local senior home, ala Fried Green Tomatoes. They have so many wonderful stories to tell..and some have no family..or if they do, family never visits. I might check in to it tomorrow.

Wounded Warrior Project
Susan G. Komen Foundation
Salvation Army
Goodwill
Manna Food Bank

And 20 bucks to the girl scouts earlier today, while they hit me up outside the grocery store to buy their cookies......The mint, and the peanut butter cookies ROCK!

Thanks to AgainSheila's OP for providing this wonderful thread. It has to be the best USMB thread ever, and I am so heartened to read of the generosity of everybody who visits our forum who posted some of their charity projects here. :thup:I'

What a time to be out of rep for 24.

Well, tomorrow is another day. :)

I joined the American Legion so I guess you could say I donate to it. I find Goodwill to be pretty handy for disposing of unwanted clothing and junk that would otherwise go in the trash. I support the Salvation Army bell ringers around Christmas but I avoid the United Way like the plague after reading the fine print about where the money goes.

Who you donate to is at least as important as who you choose not to donate to.

I don't make financial donations to any charity. I do, however, take my 360 excavator to the county fair every year and let kids have a go at picking-up concrete blocks for free. It's a large and formidable machine that's more at home traversing and shifting rubble and muck, and isn't the sort of thing any child should stand near, let alone operate. But children are transfixed by large machinery they've been warned against going near. The looks of wonder at being inside the cab are one thing, but the squeals of excitement once they move the mechnical arm are another.

But the main reason I take the digger along is to impress upon them how unforgiving the machine is. Despite being warned against trespassing on construction and demolition sites (along with the potentially disastrous consequences), young children ignore that advice and continue to explore what they've been told is an adults only environment. Seeing what the digger can do up close imparts a lesson they can't learn from watching a video. Whenever I catch kids trespassing on contracts I've been awarded or trying to breach the perimeter fence, I shudder at what could've happened if their intrusion went undetected after I've given them an earful, and that reminds me to book a flatbed trailer for the third weekend in June.

ASPCA
WSPA
Humane Society
Defenders Of Wildlife
Vital Ground
Sierra Club
Appalachian Mountain Club
St Jude's Hospital

Forum List

Back