Who Cleans out the ChatBox?

The thing is, I can see that people are posting - like today - but I can't post, cause it says it's full.....and I don't know how to clear it..

I can see my messages, but there's no feature for me to delete them, or clear out my space (if members are given a certain amount of space)......

[MENTION=20285]Intense[/MENTION] [MENTION=36528]cereal_killer[/MENTION]

I don't donate, Mertex. That feature is for those that donate to the upkeep of the board. Soon, I hope to be able to do so and NOT for the chatbox. I consider this my home board and very much want to assist in keeping it going strong, but can't at this time. I just don't have the spare funds.

Maybe it is "full" because it is can only hold a certain amount of posters at one given time? The one I had at my old place could only carry 20 people chatting without bogging down. And there is no space. Once you click out of the chat, you are gone. It's real time chat, I think. I dunno. The mods can help better than I can.

Last edited:
The thing is, I can see that people are posting - like today - but I can't post, cause it says it's full.....and I don't know how to clear it..

I can see my messages, but there's no feature for me to delete them, or clear out my space (if members are given a certain amount of space)......

[MENTION=43625]Mertex[/MENTION] its just a link to go to a "full" screen chatbox not that it is full ;)

[MENTION=43625]Mertex[/MENTION] its just a link to go to a "full" screen chatbox not that it is full ;)

So, when I click on it, it takes me to this:

ChatBox Full
Users active in last 10 minutes: 1 (1 members and 0 guests)
Mertex

But it doesn't give me a place where I can post. When I click on it (above - where it says ChatBox Full), it just gives me this:

Options
View ChatBox Archive
Statistics
Total Messages: 2,785
Messages in the past 12 hours: 0
My Messages: 17
Top Chatters
5041. Ropey
4332. UKRider
4033. freedombecki
3214. IrishTexanChick
2375. waltky
Search ChatBox
Find first unread message
Find your last message

Before (I have posted here before), there was a box where I could post, that is no longer there...... (and I did clear out my cookies)....

ChatBox Full
Mertex

But it doesn't give me a place where I can post. When I click on it (above - where it says ChatBox Full), it just gives me this:

Options
View ChatBox Archive
Statistics
Top Chatters
5041. Ropey
4332. UKRider
4033. freedombecki
3214. IrishTexanChick
2375. waltky
Search ChatBox
Find your last message

Before (I have posted here before), there was a box where I could post, that is no longer there...... (and I did clear out my cookies)....

Ah, you have a disappearing box? I had that happen here. Wonder if it's related.
I got the box back but still don't know why it went away. I guess the analogous fix would be to find some other link to open up the chat box, other than in the drop-down. That's how I got mine back.

Last edited:

ChatBox Full
Mertex

Options
View ChatBox Archive
Statistics
Top Chatters
5041. Ropey
4332. UKRider
4033. freedombecki
3214. IrishTexanChick
2375. waltky
Search ChatBox
Find your last message

Ah, you have a disappearing box? I had that happen here. Wonder if it's related.
I got the box back but still don't know why it went away. I guess the analogous fix would be to find some other link to open up the chat box, other than in the drop-down. That's how I got mine back.

Were you bad? Maybe it's retribution for something we said......:lol::lol:

Same here. I can see the archive, but cannot post, and there've been none recently.

Well, it's been like that for me since Saturday, the 18th....or at least that is when I noticed that I couldn't post. But there have been posts as late as today......

Time User Message
Mon, Jan 20, 12:40am waltky
is smallest talk can get in here
Sun, Jan 19, 8:17pm asaratis
" " (even smaller)
Sun, Jan 19, 6:53pm Intense
Mertex, Chat box works for me. Try cleaning out your browser cookies.

Sun, Jan 19, 4:28pm freedombecki

chatbox is only for supporting members, someday I'll get there
[MENTION=38281]Wolfsister77[/MENTION]

I'll support in your name if you will let me. I am a generous son-of-a-bitch!...I am generous to a fault! I have given away more than a lot of people will earn in their lifetime.

Just say the word in a PM.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back