Who are the unemployed?

an·ec·do·tal

   [an-ik-doht-l, an-ik-doht-l] Show IPA
adjective 1. pertaining to, resembling, or containing anecdotes: an anecdotal history of jazz.

2. (of the treatment of subject matter in representational art) pertaining to the relationship of figures or to the arrangement of elements in a scene so as to emphasize the story content of a subject. Compare narrative ( def. 6 ) .

3. based on personal observation, case study reports, or random investigations rather than systematic scientific evaluation: anecdotal evidence.

Jobs. Very important. So what is the record of the two parties for the past 20 years or so.

Senior Bush 0.69% increase during his term

Clinton 2.60% first term

Clinton 1.60% second term

Junior Bush 0.51 % first term

Junior Bush -0.84% second term

Obama 0.97%

Jobs created during U.S. presidential terms - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

One of the sad things about this present economy is that there are millions of job going unfilled for lack of qualified applicants. We are constantly needing millwrights and electricians. Really hard to find them. And the jobs, with overtime pay 80K to 130K.

So basically since you are doing great that means everyone else is or should be. Or you're just rubbing it in. Rither way just because you don't hear about something doesn't mean it isn't there.

Jobs. Very important. So what is the record of the two parties for the past 20 years or so.

Clinton 2.60% first term

Obama 0.97%

One of the sad things about this present economy is that there are millions of job going unfilled for lack of qualified applicants. We are constantly needing millwrights and electricians. Really hard to find them. And the jobs, with overtime pay 80K to 130K.

I really hate son's a bitches that fucking blatantly lie. You know that bull shit isn't true but you spew it like it's normal and everybody should believe it.

I was watching Jeopardy tonight and saw a commercial with Mitten expressing "concern" over jobs and it got me thinking.

I have five siblings, all are married, none of them or their spouses are unemployed and in fact have the same jobs they had for at least the past 10 years. I have over 30 cousins, and their spouses, who also are not unemployed and have had the same jobs for the past 10 years or more. My husband has three siblings, and they, and their spouses have had the same jobs for the past 10 years or more, with one exception: an in-law that was layed off during the Bush administration and never went back to work (an uber-conservative, btw). Five of us have our own businesses and are making a profit.

At USMB, I know of four people that have complained of being unemployed: Annie, BM, Immie, and Sallow (one lib out of four) and two business "owners" that can't make it in today's economy: GrumpyGramps and Dudball.

It seems conservatives have more trouble being gainfully employed and that doesn't bode well for personal responsibility.

:eusa_eh:

This is why anecdotes make for shitty evidence.

The reality is that blacks, Obama's "base", are way overrepresented in the ranks of the unemployed.

I was watching Jeopardy tonight and saw a commercial with Mitten expressing "concern" over jobs and it got me thinking.

I have five siblings, all are married, none of them or their spouses are unemployed and in fact have the same jobs they had for at least the past 10 years. I have over 30 cousins, and their spouses, who also are not unemployed and have had the same jobs for the past 10 years or more. My husband has three siblings, and they, and their spouses have had the same jobs for the past 10 years or more, with one exception: an in-law that was layed off during the Bush administration and never went back to work (an uber-conservative, btw). Five of us have our own businesses and are making a profit.

At USMB, I know of four people that have complained of being unemployed: Annie, BM, Immie, and Sallow (one lib out of four) and two business "owners" that can't make it in today's economy: GrumpyGramps and Dudball.

It seems conservatives have more trouble being gainfully employed and that doesn't bode well for personal responsibility.

U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

22.7 Million of your fellow Americans are unemployed.

I don't see the humor in this, not at all.

4 years ago, it was 13.5 Million. Something to think about come election time.

If you choose to think.
I wasn't trying to be funny. There are a lot of people unemployed. But less as time goes on. If you can't admit that, you are more of a hack than I've given you credit for.

This doom and gloom over the economy from Republicans is more about hoping the country fails because a Dem is in office than anything else.

Did you read my post? The whole post?

22.7 million under obama
13.5 million before he took over

That's not less, that's 9.2 million more.

quit lying to yourself, obama has done a horrible job and he's been doing it on purpose.

If you choose to think.
I think you are lying by about 10 million!

Employment Situation Summary

The number of unemployed persons, at 12.1 million, decreased by
456,000 in September. (See table A-1.)

look at the link moron, the non-partisan link.

Why do you hate America so much that you cock suck such lies day in and day out w/o question?

Clinton 2.60% first term

Obama 0.97%

I really hate son's a bitches that fucking blatantly lie. You know that bull shit isn't true but you spew it like it's normal and everybody should believe it.

actually fuck hole missed RR on purpose. His numbers fucking crushed clinton and obamas combined.

The only toppers were the the non-warmongering dems that sent us off to wars. The tyrant fdr and that fuck jfk

If you choose to think.

Why do you hate America so much that you cock suck such lies day in and day out w/o question?
Your own link shows unemployment today at 11.9 million.

Well, the truth lies somewhere in between. While there are many who have lost their jobs and cannot find employment equal to what they lost, the fact is that at least 90% of the people who want to be working are working. The problem is that American business has learned to be profitable on that 90% and are not really interested in trying to further grow their businesses. That is a very general statement, but it is somewhat the crux of our problem.

After spending $5 Trillion, I wonder why there should be ANYONE unemployed; hell, give each of these 11.9 million people a job watching Mitt Romney commercials on Jeapordy at $5/hr and call them employed!

After spending $5 Trillion, I wonder why there should be ANYONE unemployed; hell, give each of these 11.9 million people a job watching Mitt Romney commercials on Jeapordy at $5/hr and call them employed!
Unfortunately nearly all of that $5 trillion was spent on GOP policies that cary over after Obama was elected. They include interest on the Republican National Debt, Bush's two wars, Medicare part-D, etc.

Unfortunately nearly all of that $5 trillion was spent on GOP policies that cary over after Obama was elected. They include interest on the Republican National Debt, Bush's two wars, Medicare part-D, etc.

I guess then it was a good thing Obama signed the Stimulous Bill then is taking credit for it being such a huge success.

So why is the debt still going up at least with Bush we were dropping bombs not doing much of that now so why has obama wasted so much money\?

So why is the debt still going up at least with Bush we were dropping bombs not doing much of that now so why has obama wasted so much money\?

Does it matter?

Stop analyzing anything and just repeat the Mantra. Bush, Bad: Obama, Good

It worked in '08

I guess then it was a good thing Obama signed the Stimulous Bill then is taking credit for it being such a huge success.

That and the fact that ed is lying.

The stimulus bill was less than one trillion, the interest on the Republican National Debt alone was about double that.

Forum List

Back