Who Are The "Job Creators"?

Who are the "job creators"?

• Large business. We need to give them everything so they can "trickle down"

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Small business. We need to support them so they can build up.

Votes: 10 90.9%

• Total voters
Business.. small or large.. are the job creators...

Who starts businesses that succeed? Generally smart people with a great work ethic who are intelligent and recognize a need in a given space and build a business to produce a good or provide a service that fulfills that need.

And like individual citizens.. the government's job is not to prop them up.. but to allow them every opportunity to succeed or fail all on their own... not to interfere and play fovorites

Agreed completely. Both major parties are crony capitalists to the core.

Actually consumers with decent paying jobs are the primary job creators in the USA.

Unless one is on a 100% barter system, they are a consumer regardless of income level.
That said, without the business that creates the market and the product or service, there is no consumerism nor are there any jobs.

Everything is a barter system. We trade pieces of paper with numbers on them for goods.
That's true but not accurate.
The transfer of earnings or wealth in exchange for goods and services is defined as a purchase. Earnings and wealth is from the labor or investment of an individual.
Bartering is the trading of one tangible item for another.

Not true. There is demand for flying cars. Why aren't they common?

That is brilliant! You have absolutely convinced me that demand does not drive job creation with that example. I can't think of a single reason why flying cars are not mass produced. Not a single reason.

It appears you can't since you haven't articulated any.

So since we both agree that there is demand for flying cars and you say consumers create jobs, why aren't there any flying cars and how does this pertain to jobs? Are you saying there aren't consumers for flying cars?

Because when a product is new, it is generally prohibitively expensive because of all the new R and D that it took to make that product. However...............the longer it stays on the market, the lower the price becomes, and the more people buy that product.

When flat screen televisions first came out (I saw my first one in 98), they were running around 15,000/each.

Now? You can buy one for less than 300 bucks on sale.

Do people want flying cars? Sure they do, but however, there is no air controller infrastructure to handle them, nor has the tech gotten to the point where they are safe and easy to fly.

What REALLY creates jobs? A demand that is put out by consumers that is big enough for someone to think they could make some money at it. Why else do you think people bought pet rocks? They were a novelty and there was a high demand for quirky things like that at the time.

Try again.

Consumers.

so this means everyone, which means people, which possibly means people that spend money, because i am a consumer and so is a business. So do you mean people that buy things, ie i only buy whats necessary, or people who fling their money at "fun things" since some epople spend more of their money on strippers than food.

Do you mean all people and businesses are consumers?

What's interesting is that no one voted for the big corporations, those the GOP say are the "job creators" :eusa_think:

Another inaccuracy on your part.
60% of all labor performed in the US is for SMALL business.
This $250k gross earning tax threshold CRUSHES small business.
And please spare me the Obama nonsense about tax credits for small business. Those would be quickly eaten up by tax increases on the MONEY earned by small business.
Look genius, these people in Washington are not going to leave a single stone unturned looking to get "their cut".

And like individual citizens.. the government's job is not to prop them up.. but to allow them every opportunity to succeed or fail all on their own... not to interfere and play fovorites

well said

What's interesting is that no one voted for the big corporations, those the GOP say are the "job creators" :eusa_think:

Yes they did... you just choose to ignore them :eusa_whistle:

Consumers.

You beat me to it. I agree. It's the people who decide who gets wealthy or makes it in this world by how we spend our money. If you don't like the wealthy, spend your money on products put out by a smaller company. If you want to support American jobs, check the labels on the products you buy and leave the stuff made in China on the shelf. People need to become more aware of who they support with their hard-earned money.

Small companies become big ones when people support them. Yes, they all create jobs. Small businesses don't create as many, but will if things go well. Whether that small business becomes a big corporation someday is up to the spenders, and I don't mean those idiots in Washington who spend as if our money is burning a hole in their pockets.

Another thing people don't talk about is how investors make money when they put their money into the creation of businesses. Those people will earn a living as well even though they don't need to set foot inside the business. I know some hate investors, but they help create businesses from the start.

People whose companies are making enough money to hire more people. The liberal view is that a business can expand its customer base if they first give the customers enough money to buy.

It isn't just a decent paying job. If the problem could be solved by decent paying jobs, we would solve all economic problems by hiring a crew to dig a hole and another crew to fill it up, if we just pay them decently. We cannot even theoretically have a vibrant economy if we flip one another's burgers and cut one another's hair. Someone at sometime must produce something. That means that someone has to invent something, invest in a factory to make it and stores to sell it.

Who Are The "Job Creators"?

It's still.......

"Clearly, this is a job-killer in the short-run. The impact on job creation is going to be devastating." - Rep. The DICK; Armey, (Republican, Texas)

520.gif

Stupid Fuckin' TEABAGGER

I'm sure if you think really, really hard, you can figure out why flying cars aren't common.

Or...you could read your own links!

Let me give you a GIANT clue: There's a demand for hyperspace warp drives, too...

The people are. We buy things so it makes business employ more people to keep up with demand.

WRONG..Without business to create and market, there is no product to buy.

If there is a demand someone will always work to fill that demand.
If there is profit in it of course.

Of course most "demands" in america are unneeded and false demands. A result of TV programming.
Most seem to be status type of things not necessary things.

And therein lies the rest of the story. Demand is based on price, the higher the price the less demand you have for something; that is why the supply side of economics has to be included whenever you want to increase growth and jobs. If the price is low enough, demand will usually be strong enough to make a profit if the production costs are also low enough. But if the production costs are too high, then so is the price to make a profit and demand withers. THAT is why supply side economics cannot be excluded from consideration.

If you ask a lefty, the job creators are the people that want shit. The people that actually invest their time and money to provide that shit, and employ others to make them, and take all the risk of a failed venture, they are not the job creators. It's the people that want shit that create jobs, simply by wanting.

If there is no demand, there will be no jobs.

Want in one hand and shit in the other and see which one fills up first

Demand does not create... because you demand a steak does not mean the cow comes in to being, slaughters itself, cooks itself, and slaps itself on the table...

Because someone took the initiative, killed a cow, carved it up the way that makes it tastiest, figured out how to cook it best to be most succulent, and presented it to you in a way that is appealing (that you either witnessed yourself or were informed about) brought about your desire to have the steak...

You may always be hungry, that does not create the food service industry

The middle class with money to be able to spend are the job creators. As a construction business owner, those are the people who made up the bulk of my business. It surely wasnt the wealthy folk. The people working their tails off to be able to afford a house I built for them are the people I appreciate the most.

Forum List

Back