Who are the Israelis?

The French government, it turns out, refuses to allow Jewish prayer in the area, fearing it will become another symbol of Jewish attachment in the heart of the Arab neighborhood of Sheikh Jarrah.

So wait...let me see if I understand this.

Jewish people are not permitted to access and pray at places of historical and religious significance to the Jewish people for fear that the access and prayer will create an attachment to places...well, that the Jewish people are already attached to and have been prevented from accessing.

Wouldn't that kinda be like saying that Muslims should not be permitted to access and pray at the Al Aqsa mosque because permitting access and prayer to Muslim holy shrines would create a connection between Islam and those holy sites?

Like wow. Hey, now, let's not Judaize Jewish holy sites. Or Islamize Muslim holy sites.

Sigh. The world has gone mad. Again.
Just think about it, we are still fighting about sovergnty over less than 1% of the land with those who dominated the entire region, I domeone thought it were only the Arabs attempting to rob us of the little we have, on top of that powerful western nations are actualy attempting to take a piece for themselves.

The banal manner in which the Europeans act fulfills the worst stigmas of our grandparents.
Banal stubbor evil - coincidently called "Hamas"
Just think about it, we are still fighting about sovergnty over less than 1% of the land
Not to mention the Palestinians who have lived there for many hundreds of years...like...literally.

Didn't you say thousands?

What happened to that?

Guaido Works to Restore Ties with Israel

ILTV's Joy Gavillon joins us in the studio to speak about Juan Guaido offering to open a Venezuelan Embassy in Jerusalem.

Women In Green

Women in Green - Women for Israel's Tomorrow is a grassroots movement of women and men, young and old, secular and religious, all bound together by a shared concern, love, devotion and loyalty to the Land of Israel.

The Sovereignty Movement congratulates the Likud on the appointment of the supporters of sovereignty in the top ten positions, towards the Trump Plan.

The Sovereignty Movement counts each of the ten first places on the list as promoters of the vision of sovereignty and as people who are committed to act on behalf of its implementation in the coming term. The movement blesses the three new senior members in the Likud leadership, Minister Yoav Galant, former Minister Gideon Sa'ar and mayor of Jerusalem Nir Barkat. These three constitute a significant reinforcement to a leadership striving for sovereignty and committed to the vision".

The co-chairwomen of the Sovereignty Movement, Yehudit Katsover and Nadia Matar, mention that Minister Galant committed himself even before the internal elections, in his visit to Samaria "to the implementation of sovereignty in Judea and Samaria. The settlement enterprise is the key to holding onto sovereignty and Zionism"; former minister Sa'ar expressed a resolute position calling for sovereignty in the areas of Jewish settlement and fighting the idea of a Palestinian state in any form and any scope, and Nir Barkat declared "I commit myself: I will fight with all of my power for the application of sovereignty in the area of Jewish settlement in Judea and Samaria already in the next term".

Katsover and Matar view with the utmost importance the election of this list to the leadership of the ruling party, especially in light of U.S. President Donald Trump's upcoming political plan. "The political and diplomatic system must be prepared for the Trump plan with national and Rightist forces that have the future of the Land of Israel always before their eyes. It is clear to the leaders of the Likud that dividing the Land of Israel and establishing an Arab state in its heart would constitute a security-economic-historical disaster and a betrayal of Zionist ideals".

Read full article

754909.jpg

(Ribonut confference 2017 photo by Yisrael Berdugo)

Israel Becomes Global Tourism Force

Last year marked a new record of 4,000,000 tourists
coming to see middle east's leading country.

Last edited:
Youth for Sovereignty revolution continues

The youth set up stands in other places in Jerusalem, Sderot, Tel Aviv, Kfar Saba, Haifa, Bet Shemesh, Hadera, Natanya, and more, where they distributed publicity material, flyers, and stickers containing the essence of the sovereignty initiative's political philosophy, also calling on Knesset Members and Ministers who already pledged allegiance to the principle of sovereignty to move from the declarative stage to the action stage and promote sovereignty legislation in the Knesset and in the government.

Sovereignty Youth Coordinator Hallel Suissa tells of the extraordinary vigilance and organization among the youth to reach some 50 intersections throughout Israel to distribute flyers and engage in discussions with passers-by to inculcate the concept of sovereignty in all segments of Israeli society.

Suissa notes the date of the publicity campaign was chosen precisely because it is the beginning of the Three Weeks of mourning for the destruction of the Holy Temple between the 17th of Tammuz and Tisha B’Av.

“Specifically during these days we pray that the sorrow will be transformed into joy and the mourning will be transformed into celebration. May we be privileged to witness the rebuilding of Jerusalem and of the entire Land of Israel. The path to that objective passes on the track of applying sovereignty by the nation of Israel to their land."

119889.jpg

Read full article: Youth for Sovereignty revolution continues

The youth set up stands in other places in Jerusalem, Sderot, Tel Aviv, Kfar Saba, Haifa, Bet Shemesh, Hadera, Natanya, and more, where they distributed publicity material, flyers, and stickers containing the essence of the sovereignty initiative's political philosophy, also calling on Knesset Members and Ministers who already pledged allegiance to the principle of sovereignty to move from the declarative stage to the action stage and promote sovereignty legislation in the Knesset and in the government.

Sovereignty Youth Coordinator Hallel Suissa tells of the extraordinary vigilance and organization among the youth to reach some 50 intersections throughout Israel to distribute flyers and engage in discussions with passers-by to inculcate the concept of sovereignty in all segments of Israeli society.

Suissa notes the date of the publicity campaign was chosen precisely because it is the beginning of the Three Weeks of mourning for the destruction of the Holy Temple between the 17th of Tammuz and Tisha B’Av.

“Specifically during these days we pray that the sorrow will be transformed into joy and the mourning will be transformed into celebration. May we be privileged to witness the rebuilding of Jerusalem and of the entire Land of Israel. The path to that objective passes on the track of applying sovereignty by the nation of Israel to their land."

119889.jpg

Translation; No “ Right of Return “

RE: Who are the Israelis
⁜→ rylah, ILOVEISRAEL, et al,

I think it is great that a group of students would "promote sovereignty legislation in the Knesset and in the government." But I don't think it is the right time yet. But it should be thought about as one of the possible actions for the future.

(COMMENT)

Judea and Samaria!

Eactly how large is that portion of the territories?
Or to be more thoughtful
How much does that leave the Palestinians?

I think it is time for the Israelis to get-out-the map, draw the new lines. You will see immediately the conflict. And this is a conflict that the Israelis do not want.

West Bank and Gaza Strip (the Occupiked Palestinian Territories) is ≈ 2401 sq mi.

The is Judea and Samaria Area ≈ 2270 sq mi.​

Clearly, you see the problem here?

Just as the Hostile Arab Palestinians cannot ask for the unreasonable; so it is that the Israels cannot raise the unreason. So, we need to actually look at the magnitude of the suggested solution.

Most Respectfully,
R

I think it is great that a group of students would "promote sovereignty legislation in the Knesset and in the government." But I don't think it is the right time yet. But it should be thought about as one of the possible actions for the future.

(COMMENT)

Judea and Samaria!

Or to be more thoughtful

I think it is time for the Israelis to get-out-the map, draw the new lines. You will see immediately the conflict. And this is a conflict that the Israelis do not want.

West Bank and Gaza Strip (the Occupiked Palestinian Territories) is ≈ 2401 sq mi.

Just as the Hostile Arab Palestinians cannot ask for the unreasonable; so it is that the Israels cannot raise the unreason. So, we need to actually look at the magnitude of the suggested solution.

Most Respectfully,
R

I can understand how people watching from aside might think asking for full sovereignty over Judea Samaria looks unreasonable or naive after decades that our govt. kept a different agenda.

Drawing a proper map of the Israeli inner and foreign politics might add the proper context.
Key points to look at are:
  1. Young generation, preference, influence and outlook to near future
  2. Elections and the political map, with focus on previous point
  3. Trump Deal
  4. Middle East alliance against Iran
I don't think that the Israeli young generation looks into short term solutions using the same time frames as a term of a single politician.
They see Israel's positions getting stronger, and a change in public opinion while a major war is looming on the door - they have lost any faith in drawing anymore lines in Israel. And frankly I don't see a reason to make such compromises when the failing players on the other side chose to ally with everyone's enemy in the neighborhood. Simply doesn't make sense.

These young folks look at the numbers and know they'll lead the country in less than 2 generations, they also happen to be those who are most directly influenced by the situation on the ground in those conflicted places, and those who participate in direct non-govt initiatives because the have more access to establish connections with the the leaders of the Arab inhabitants in Judea than any other.

Last edited:

(COMMENT)

Judea and Samaria!

Or to be more thoughtful

Most Respectfully,
R
A few bantustans cut off from the rest of the world.

(COMMENT)

Judea and Samaria!

Or to be more thoughtful

Most Respectfully,
R

This poisonous talk about skin color is not helping the anti-Israel side,
only shows the terms in which they define Jews.

The more You use it the less integrity You project.

Last edited:

(COMMENT)

Judea and Samaria!

Or to be more thoughtful

Most Respectfully,
R

This poisonous talk about skin color
Skin color??? :confused-84::confused-84::confused-84:

(COMMENT)

Judea and Samaria!

Or to be more thoughtful

Most Respectfully,
R

This poisonous talk about skin color
Skin color??? :confused-84::confused-84::confused-84:

Yes this is exactly the connotation, bantustants differentiated people by skin color.
When You present the situation in such terms it only shows that it's You who differentiates the 2 groups by color, not Israel.

If You look closely You see it's the Arabs attempting to make Israel into yet a smaller reservation, for Arabs 99% of the land is not enough if Jews get a tiny corner for themselves.

OdZKkXN.png

Last edited:
The Spin Room Panel: the Future of West Bank Settlements

The guy on the left lives in Judea, redeems lands and houses that were taken from Jews during the Arab pogroms, talks directly at eye level with the leaders of the Arab community on the ground.

The guy on the right once dealt with foreign affairs under Rabin and Barak, who all wanted Israel to abandon Judea, and have been losing public opinion ever since.

Last edited:
Israel's Elections - Right set to unite

Some of Israel's right-wing parties have formed a bloc for the 2019 elections, but is it enough to beat out the opposition, should it unite? Our Ellie Hochenberg analyzes.

In recent years, Jews have increasingly found themselves at the center of political debates in America and Britain, often in relation to Israel and Jews’ connections to Israel.

While criticism of Israel and advocacy for Israel is not inherently antisemitic, much of it departs from the realm of fair comment and crosses the boundary into antisemitism. But, when this is pointed out, Jews are often accused of ‘playing the antisemitism card’. This makes light of bigotry, and undermines the ability to separate between legitimate criticism and illegitimate smears. In the absence of a single universally accepted definition of antisemitism, perhaps this list of things to remember will help people who want to fairly criticize Israel without falling into antisemitic canards or tropes.

How to Criticize Israel Without Being Antisemitic | HonestReporting

In memory of Eyal Yifrah, Naftali Frenkel and Gil-Ad Sha'ar HY"D

Naftali and Gil-Ad were students of the Makor Chaim Yeshiva, Eyal studied in the Shavei Hevron Yeshiva.
The "Open Your Heart" video, with the participation of their friends and family during the gathering in memory of the kidnapped boys , is being published for the first time. The video follows the journey that has taken place in the months since the kidnapping, the families of the kidnapped teenagers, their fellow students and the entire Jewish people.

David D'Or, author and composer of the song: "Less than a year has passed since the breath of an entire people has been seized, and a whole people prayed for their safe return home as one. I had the privilege of taking part in perpetuating that sense of unity, the public prayer of the people and the blessed memory of the three boys. "

Last edited:

Forum List

Back